Allure of the seas January 8 - live ish

On 1/16/2022 at 3:32 AM, ScubaPat said:

LOL, sorry I meant bottles at the liquor shop.  Oh well, thanks for trying.  That would be an excellent price for a liter of booze.

We’re still onboard. 1/17 prices.

C4F67B33-A696-4571-82EF-15F61A941ABB.jpeg

03E55C3B-30B2-4D22-8195-D8A3D311F202.jpeg

3 hours ago, mein18 said:

Does it feel any different on board this week from last week? Friends of ours stayed on for this week also.

Not really. We appear to be sailing approximately thirty miles off the northern coast of Cuba.

Few clouds with temperatures in the mid/high seventies with a pretty good breeze. Seas not overly active, but not calm.

Deck sixteen closed due to wind and seas.

Haven’t heard the passenger count as of yet.

image.jpg

Can someone who was on board this past week or anyone onboard right now please tell me if the Meet & Greet was/or is expected to be held?

BTW,  BU_SicEm, ny dh and I are booked on your same sailing. We, too, have been debating,  but at this time figure we’ll go. The temps “should” get a teeny bit warmer. Don’t know if I dare hope for less wind? Maybe Mother Nature will lower the winds a bit before she gears up for wind in March. 🤞

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, NANAGOESAILING said:

Are you staying over night? We had friends on last week and that’s what they did.  Anyone every visit Juggie’s, Smallet Bar in the World.  In the alley by the Catholic Church.  He offers 2 beers and a cigar for $1.99.  And lots of BS.  Fun place to drop husbands off while you go shopping ladies.  

I have dropped my husband at Juggie's many time when I go shopping!  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlbcruiser said:

Can someone who was on board this past week or anyone onboard right now please tell me if the Meet & Greet was/or is expected to be held?

BTW,  BU_SicEm, ny dh and I are booked on your same sailing. We, too, have been debating,  but at this time figure we’ll go. The temps “should” get a teeny bit warmer. Don’t know if I dare hope for less wind? Maybe Mother Nature will lower the winds a bit before she gears up for wind in March. 🤞

Almost identical to our thinking.  Still playing by ear a bit, but definitely encouraged with these reports.

Well it’s probably good that our cruise could be taking place when the virus has really started winding down quite a bit. I REALLY want the entertainment to be back like normal. My daughter and her husband are fully vaccinated. Covid has just gone through her whole family of 5.  Her 4 mo old was the last to come down with it about 2 -3 days ago. Symptoms not too bad. I’ve almost felt like exposing myself to get it over with as I sure don’t want to catch it when it’s time for the cruise, or on the cruise for sure! I had not seen anyone in my daughter’s family for about 10 days before it started with them so I didn’t get it nor did my husband. I will be kicking myself for not exposing myself if I catch it somewhere in 4 weeks. 😲. So you can bet I’ve got my mask on when I am out and about. 

7 minutes ago, Buckeye_Tom said:

Does anyone know if there’s a similar thread for the current 6 Day cruise and Allure OTS.

I could not find one….

I was trying to find the same. Friends of ours stayed on for a B2B and hoping to see how that cruise is going compared to ours last week.

47 minutes ago, Buckeye_Tom said:

Does anyone know if there’s a similar thread for the current 6 Day cruise on Allure OTS.

I could not find one….

On the main RCI section of CC, there's a drop down menu with most of the ships listed - pick Allure from there and it'll list all Allure related threads.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On the main RCI section of CC, there's a drop down menu with most of the ships listed - pick Allure from there and it'll list all Allure related threads.

That's what I had done previously and surprisingly, nothing shows up for 1/16.

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You may want to adjust your expectation of every sailing having a live from thread - that is far from routine on CC.

Wouldn't say far from routine.  Although I don't make the time to do one myself, I have added information to threads from most of the many cruises we have been on.  Takes a lot of effort from those orchestrating the thread.

• Like 3

On 1/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, mlbcruiser said:

Can someone who was on board this past week or anyone onboard right now please tell me if the Meet & Greet was/or is expected to be held?…

There hasn’t been one listed this week so far. Royal previously announced that they would be halted until further notice. I haven’t heard anymore about it.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:37 PM, kfnesq said:

We are on April 22 also!

We are also on that one and the one before it. 💃🏼🥂

2 hours ago, mein18 said:

I was trying to find the same. Friends of ours stayed on for a B2B and hoping to see how that cruise is going compared to ours last week.

I’m not aware of one, but maybe I can answer some questions.

7 minutes ago, RoyalFan2011 said:

Can anyone tell me if the. Park Cafe is open on the Allure?  My husband loves the roast beef sandwiches and salads there.  We cruise on Sunday.  Thanks!

Park Cafe is open, buy DH didn’t see the roast beef sandwiches today. Not sure if it has been like that all week or just today.

I’m on Allure now and the Park Cafe had the roast beef sandwich on day 1 for sure.  Haven’t stopped by since then, though.  

The ice show was modified due to some of the performers being quarantined, but they still did what they could…mostly solo or duet acts and then short q&a session with each of the performers.  They still had 7 skaters.  Mamma Mia is supposedly going to be performed starting tonight, but we’ll see if that’s modified too.  

Solarium Bistro appears to be for breakfast only.  Samba is closed.  Other than that, it seems to be mostly normal.  We were told around 2800 guests on board.  It’s great to have no lines anywhere and be able to get a seat at the music venues in the evening.  The comedians were great!  Especially Paul Palisoul!

The biggest thing I’ve noticed is that most of the staff seems woefully untrained at their position.  Bartenders don’t know the signature drinks of their venue, many crew not knowing directions around the ship or whom to ask for help with relatively simple questions, etc.  I assume it’s because many of them are likely from other ships and are having to fill gaps from crew who are quarantined.  The crew has been very polite and eager to help, but just doesn’t seem to have the knowledge I would expect in normal times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mein18 said:

Wouldn't say far from routine.  Although I don't make the time to do one myself, I have added information to threads from most of the many cruises we have been on.  Takes a lot of effort from those orchestrating the thread.

Agreed! Sometimes I get side tracked and forget to do updates. Port intensive cruises are much more difficult to do reports for since you're out and about. On this soakingo, with only 2 ports for 8 days, and Nassau only getting off for an hour, I had plenty of time by the pool which is a good time to do updates. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Agreed! Sometimes I get side tracked and forget to do updates. Port intensive cruises are much more difficult to do reports for since you're out and about. On this soakingo, with only 2 ports for 8 days, and Nassau only getting off for an hour, I had plenty of time by the pool which is a good time to do updates. 

And with all that said, you did a great job and I know everyone that followed appreciated it. I enjoyed following and added what little additional that I could.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mein18 said:

Wouldn't say far from routine. 

I was talking about the fleet in general, not popular O or Q class ships- even those are not likely to have live from threads every week. Good luck trying to find a live from thread on Grandeur or other less popular ships (like all of Vision and Radiance class). You are unlikely to find many live from threads on short sailings like Navigator, Freedom, Mariner, or Indy. You will almost never find one from Quantum or Spectrum. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I was talking about the fleet in general, not popular O or Q class ships- even those are not likely to have live from threads every week. Good luck trying to find a live from thread on Grandeur or other less popular ships (like all of Vision and Radiance class). You are unlikely to find many live from threads on short sailings like Navigator, Freedom, Mariner, or Indy. You will almost never find one from Quantum or Spectrum. 

Might be an Odyssey one at end of the month😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1