Pcr test in Florida

abby1257

Family visiting family in Florida had Pcr test done for return flight…3 days later still no results but did receive an email that their test was sent to TEXAS to be analyzed……ARE YOU KIDDING……So ya…flights rebooked …what a sh….t show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Orlando airport is no longer doing testing.

Someone on another social media site asked me that question, since I had given a detailed report about getting tested there.

You can't book a PCR test and there are no openings for antigen tests at all 😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Family visiting family in Florida had Pcr test done for return flight…3 days later still no results but did receive an email that their test was sent to TEXAS to be analyzed……ARE YOU KIDDING……So ya…flights rebooked …what a sh….t show

Can you buy and ship them the LAMP test from Switch Health? Might be a solution.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Our original appts cancelled on us and we had booked a back up at Urgent care.  Rapid PCR. Results in 2 hours. Would book them again in a flash. Ensure you are booking Rapid PCR as the regular PCR’s are taking days and days to return results 

What was the cost of the Rapid PCR at Urgent Care, and turn around (if you don't mind sharing), and perhaps the location/area.  TIA

Edited by wendycook22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bookbabe said:

Have them try to find the Walgreens Rapid ID Now test appointments...NAAT tests suitable for return to Canada with results in a couple of hours.

Currently most Walgreens are only booking 5 days out, and appointments are very limited (at least in the Miami and FLL area).  Currently due to high demand you would need to book the morning the appointments are released for your testing date.  It also appears that you will are required to book a separate appointment for each individual being tested, although you may show up all together in one car.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wendycook22 said:

Currently most Walgreens are only booking 5 days out, and appointments are very limited (at least in the Miami and FLL area).  Currently due to high demand you would need to book the morning the appointments are released for your testing date.  It also appears that you will are required to book a separate appointment for each individual being tested, although you may show up all together in one car.  

I would also double check if the appointments roll over at midnight. I figured out the MCO airport appointments roll over at midnight so stayed up late to make my appointment.

3 hours ago, wendycook22 said:

What was the cost of the Rapid PCR at Urgent Care, and turn around (if you don't mind sharing), and perhaps the location/area.  TIA

It was $200 USD for a rapid PCR test and results in 2 hours at the Urgent care. Took all of 10 mins there. They only issue paper results so we did need to come back in the evening which was easy after we went out for dinner and the papers were ready. A quick Uber over and uber waited for us to collect and come out. 

we went to “Urgent Care 24/7”. We were in Orlando. They have multiple locations in Florida. Appts 24 hrs a day. Best to book in advance for a preferred time since they are so busy now. They were amazing. I liked not having to wait for an email for results.

we originally had BeeperMD booked to come to our hotel and they no-showed. Got $$$ back. 

we got back to Toronto last night. not sure exactly where you are in Florida but there are several urgent care options. 

Edited by Liverpoolfan181
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Why do us Canadians have to pay up to $200 for our test.

Does the government get a kick back off that too? It's a confusing time but I'm going cruising!

NCL was providing pcr test onboard the day before travel for out of country people even when I called them to confirm. Now I'm not sure saw a letter floating around social media they weren't stopping on the 7th just like that. I never received the letter and need a test and results in to fly feb2.

Just thought of something I don't need the results prior to fly in the usa so I might have more hours for results and already be arrived in Maine.

2 hours ago, katiecat said:

Why do us Canadians have to pay up to $200 for our test.

It's to deter us from cruising, travelling, leaving the country.

It's not meant to actually slow the spread of Covid.

If you have money to travel then you have to budget in the extra costs.

You should have seen the anger when Americans couldn't acces the free antigen tests and had to start buying the online proctored tests. The number of conversations about how to apply for insurance, how to get a free test by lying, etc.

I think the issue is that because Health Care is a provincial responsibility, it all depends on what province you live in. I'm in Ontario and can get a test for $17 at Costco. That is not fair for others.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, K_e_short said:

It's to deter us from cruising, travelling, leaving the country.

It's not meant to actually slow the spread of Covid.

If you have money to travel then you have to budget in the extra costs.

You should have seen the anger when Americans couldn't acces the free antigen tests and had to start buying the online proctored tests. The number of conversations about how to apply for insurance, how to get a free test by lying, etc.

I think the issue is that because Health Care is a provincial responsibility, it all depends on what province you live in. I'm in Ontario and can get a test for $17 at Costco. That is not fair for others.

We haven't got a place to even buy a test?  I even begged at one of the border security offices for the test they pass out randomly to people no way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got our tests in 30 mins from Millenia Advanced Scientific was $175.00 usd It is about 20 mins from MCO as we drove to airport right after. Electronic and paper copy provided.  Was great for us in mid December. Did Beeper MD as well, got results on the flight home…not good. 

wondermouse

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, katiecat said:

Thanks  I have them ordered to go on a cruise ship but now learning NCL isn't doing them to come back. Just never ending changes

You can order the rt-lamp test for returning to Canada.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

You can order the rt-lamp test for returning to Canada.

Those are now an essential packing item for international travel!

And at $149 for Aeroplan members, very affordably priced.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

We’re you able to test on the ship using WiFi?  We are sailing Celebrity with surf internet, I think we would have to upgrade to Streaming in order to properly connect for the test.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I agree. Also someone has confirmed the expiry date is a long ways off?? (someone help me out).

I have heard horror stories of Americans buying the online proctored tests that are expired by the time they are delivered.

Meaning you should buy it now, just in case they run out when you do travel.

1 minute ago, K_e_short said:

I agree. Also someone has confirmed the expiry date is a long ways off?? (someone help me out).

I have heard horror stories of Americans buying the online proctored tests that are expired by the time they are delivered.

I read a thread earlier today and someone stated their expiry was late this year.  I wish I could recall the threat. I believe it was on one of the recent Switch Health testing threads.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I found the thread for you.  

I seen expiry mentioned in post 13, there may be others.

Edited by wendycook22
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, hubbards said:

You must seek a test for travel and not the Walgreens, CVS option which is not meant for travel purposes.  

There are hundreds of posts by passengers who have used Walgreens or CVS for testing very successfully, including many Canadians. While not designed specifically for travel, they meet the requirements for boarding cruise lines and for entering Canada post cruise, depending on which test format you select. While some companies promote their tests for travel, especially since the US imposed test requirements for entering the country, the tests them selves are identical to those conducted for other purposes.

The major problem right now with Walgreens or CVS is the sheer volume of testing being conducted by them and the difficulty in securing an appointment. If testing with either of them is a traveller's Plan A, they'd best have a sound Plan B in their back pocket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

Ours were bought in December 2021 and the expiry was the end of July 2022.

• Like 1