Allure 11-5-22 canceled

KelJ

Just received an email about a half an hour ago that our Allure 11-5-22 repositioning cruise (Ft. Lauderdale to Galveston) is canceled because Allure will be arriving into Galveston a few days earlier than previously scheduled. 😪

3 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Allure will be arriving into Galveston a few days earlier than previously scheduled. 😪

Confused. Isn't it still a repositioning cruise since it's departing one port (Ft L) and arriving in another (Galveston)?  If arriving earlier, maybe a 10N versus 12N sailing (or similar)?

Something is missing or maybe I'm having cruise withdrawals on this cold windy day here and not thinking clearly. 😆 

I would LOVE to have a longer repositioning cruise or just leave earlier and get there sooner.  There's an Allure 7-night eastern Caribbean on October 29th.  I wonder what is going to happen with that cruise, although it's listed below as a rebooking option.  Would Allure sail to Galveston empty after that cruise?

Here is the email I received.

Dear Guest,

We have an important update to our November 5th, 2022, Allure of the Seas cruise.

Our original plan for Allure of the Seas was to offer an 8-Night repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to its new homeport in Galveston, Texas. However, due to a change in itinerary planning, Allure of the Seas will now be arriving into Galveston a few days earlier than previously scheduled. Unfortunately, this means your cruise has been cancelled.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re terribly sorry for the impact to your cruise. Your vacation is important to us, along with the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined some options and a few additional details.

Your Options

Option 1: Re-book on a select October 2022 Allure of the Seas:

• 8-Night cruise to Labadee, Haiti | Oranjestad, Aruba | Willemstad Curacao departing on October 1st or October 15th.
  • 6-Night cruise to Roatan, Honduras |Costa Maya, Mexico| Cozumel, Mexico departing on October 9th or October 23rd.
  • 7-Night cruise to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic | Labadee, Haiti | Nassau, Bahamas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas departing on October 29th

What you’ll receive:

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll also receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest to spend onboard
  • Lastly, if you currently have non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car) and incur a change fee, we will cover up to $200 USD per person for domestic changes or up to $400 USD per person for international changes. Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing not included in Option 1, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
  • And, if you currently have any non-refundable, pre-purchased transportation (such as a flight, train ticket, or rental car) and incur a change fee, we will cover up to $200 USD per person for domestic changes or up to $400 USD per person for international changes. Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for review and reimbursement.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive:

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including non-refundable deposits.
  • Any pre-paid amenities will be refunded to the original form of payment within 30 business days.
  • Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

It’s important to us that you find the best cruise option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by January 25th, 2022 to let us know your decision. And please know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by January 25th, 2022, your reservation will be cancelled.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S. or Canada
  • 1 800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, contact us through our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005.
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KelJ said:

I wish they would price protect November Allure sailings out of Galveston and not just October Allure sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I wish they had a Grand Suite I could switch to on the sailings they offered. I booked the day they opened the November 5 and booked a Grand Suite for $3500 with gratuities and insurance. Also had $200 in OBC for booking a suite. I called and wanted to switch to the October 15 they offered. I was told all suites are sold out but I could book a Superior Ocean View for $2900 but I would lose the previous $200 OBC I received for a suite but I would get $100 OBC for booking a balcony. Also lose all Suite benefits.

There are no suites available on any of the cruises the are offering. They told me if I want a suite book a different cruise and pay the current rate. Well the Grand Suite I found at a great price was too good to be true. I asked if I could switch to a cruise that they had a Grand Suite available and they said no.

I called the phone number listed in their email to shift to another cruise and they could not help me since the cruise is not showing as cancelled in their records. I was told to call back next week! By that time any decent options will be gone. This is not good.

I called back again. This time I was told since the cancelled cruise was an 8 night cruise I could not select any option other than another 8 night cruise. I had booked a B2B cruise so those 8 night cruises don't adjoin my 10/29/22 cruise. What a mess. 

39 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I called back again. This time I was told since the cancelled cruise was an 8 night cruise I could not select any option other than another 8 night cruise. I had booked a B2B cruise so those 8 night cruises don't adjoin my 10/29/22 cruise. What a mess. 

If you are not choosing one of the cruises that they offer price protection on, you can just switch to anything you want. Are you trying to maintain your double cruise points?

Edited by KelJ

Shoot, didn’t see this and started a new thread … my bad. 

also disappointed with the replacement options, we have (had?) a crown loft booked. Will call tomorrow to see if other options available, but not very optimistic based on the response others have got from Royal. 

5 minutes ago, KelJ said:

If you are not choosing one of the cruises that they offer price protection on, you can just switch to anything you want. Are you trying to maintain your double cruise points?

I was not given that option by the representative I spoke with tonight. I will gather information given by others here on CC and call again tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. 

12 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I was not given that option by the representative I spoke with tonight. I will gather information given by others here on CC and call again tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Did you receive the email with the options? If not, I posted mine several posts back. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Did you receive the email with the options? If not, I posted mine several posts back. Hope you have better luck tomorrow. 

Yes, I received the email. The guy I spoke with simply would not discuss any other options. I had to pick one of the two eight day cruises. 

I’m reading about options offered to others and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the good luck. 

Posted this on another thread; thought it could be useful here.  Spent a couple hours on the phone (mostly on hold) with my TA.  Confirmed that no suites available on the listed cruises and was unable to negotiate a price protected transfer to another sailing.  Also asked if they could preserve suite benefits if we down grade cabin types (saw someone on the boards get that offer, but under another circumstance) and was politely laughed at.  

Ended up moving to a Junior suite on Oct 29 sailing.  Preserved double points and our on-board booking bonus.  Also got the additional OBC offered to move to the selected cruises (for some reason it was $250 instead of the stated $200).  And the TA also gave us some OBC..don't know why and didn't ask - we ended up with over $700 OBC total.

Best luck to others affected in finding a solution!

Cheers,

• Like 3

After being told the cruise wasn't canceled (call #1) or that I only had two (unworkable for me) options (call #2), call #3 finally allowed me to speak to a knowledgeable representative. It took about an hour on hold waiting for her to be able to speak to a supervisor to approve the solution but I was able to move my cruise two weeks earlier so I could preserve my back-to-back cruise with minimal disruption. It's not the same level of cabin but at least it is a suite and double points were preserved.

I appreciate the advice given. Thanks!

• Like 1