Extending final payment dates for summer cruises?

18 minutes ago, loriva said:

Apologies if this question has been answered somewhere on the Regent board previously.  If Regent changes the final payment date to 60 days prior to sailing, does the final payment date also update/change on your RSSC.com account?

I know you will still get the final payment warning letters...they can't fix that. Let me check on RSSC.COM

No - RSSC.COM does not update.

• Thanks 1

Received this a few days ago, both directly from Regent and our TA…ours is also a Baltic cruise and we were not looking forward to making a decision next month. Hopefully it will still happen for both of us!

DATE OF ISSUANCE: JANUARY 13, 2022

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. We are modifying our payment schedule for your voyage departing in June 2022 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date. 

For reservations where final payment has already been made, cancellation penalties will not start till 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

Invoices will not reflect the new final payment date.  Final payment reminders are automatically sent based on this date, please disregard these notices. 

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

This is one of the reasons some of us are not booking cruises at this time. There is a clear concern as to if a cruise will go.and if it does go, will the itinerary be even similar to the one we booked?  And with all the airline flight cancellations, can we even get to the cruise? I know that some have called me out fo being negative here. But I think it is being realistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

This is one of the reasons some of us are not booking cruises at this time. There is a clear concern as to if a cruise will go.and if it does go, will the itinerary be even similar to the one we booked?  And with all the airline flight cancellations, can we even get to the cruise? I know that some have called me out fo being negative here. But I think it is being realistic.

The first 10 posts on topic were realistic...the 300 after that....well, you know. 😃

Edited by Pcardad
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

I  know Richard, and I feel all those doubts. But we booked our July/2022 Splendor Baltic trip way back in early 2021. At the time, this was sooo far in the future that we were sure the pandemic would be over.  We wanted something that would get us onto a ship after we came home from Florida in the spring.  At the time we booked we were locked in our Toronto condo, feeling pretty depressed about our lives, I'll tell you. This cruise seemed like a bright light at the end of a long tunnel.  Turns out the tunnel was longer than we thought, and we can't see that light yet.  

With luck, Regent will give us until April to make up our minds.  If we cancel, I'm going to be looking at some kind of North American port to take a cruise from.  Perhaps Alaska, Canada/New England, or even the Panama.  We did a Seabourn Canada cruise a few years back that was round-trip Montreal.  For us, that was a train trip, no flights at all.

Our July 15th Voyager sailing had its final payment due moved to 60 days:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: JANUARY 20, 2022

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Advisor,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To provide you with additional flexibility, we are modifying our payment schedule for your voyage departing in July 2022 — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

For reservations where final payment has already been made, cancellation penalties will not start until 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

Invoices will not reflect the new final payment date. Final payment reminders are automatically sent based on this date, please disregard these notices.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact us using the phone numbers below.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard this July.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

And late last night I got email from my TA reiterating the change, and reassuring us avout how we will be notified.

We are on the same cruise, but no e-mail/note from Regent or TA so far