Oasis OTS current experience.

joeyancho

We are booked on a b2b starting next week.  The wife has been reading various blogs and is quite concerned.  Could someone who has recently sailed her or who is on board now please give an update on the current experience?  Is the buffet operational?   Are the shows going on?  Do you have to wear a mask on the outside decks?  Is the ship full?  What ports did you visit?   What ports were canceled?   Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by joeyancho

We were on Oasis last week and this week. Both weeks, we were running just under 3,000 passengers. 

Last week the shows were not going until the last couple days of the cruise.  We lost the San Juan port and they substituted 6 hours in Nassau. Because of the  longer distance to St. Martin, we got there a little later than scheduled. We returned to port with a 3.6% positive Covid rate. 

We had about 70 doing B2B, but the process was drawn out, because they were searching for people who had not left the ship. Masks are required everywhere indoors and in the shows.  If it is an Everyone venue at the aqua theater, then masks are required there. No masks required on pool deck or solarium. 

This week, all shows are up and running, and no changes for our western ports.  Not all dining operations are running.  No JR for breakfast, no Solarium Bistro for dinner.  

We had some dining crew test positive, which made dining the last two days of the cruise crazy.  We thought it carried over to this week, because every table was filled to capacity in our MDR the first night, but we found that was due to a large (400+) group onboard that all wanted the same dining. We have since moved our MDR and book some specialty restaurants. 

If you are on next week, you must be on a charter.  They said there will be about 1,600 for that sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We were on Oasis last week and this week. Both weeks, we were running just under 3,000 passengers. 

Last week the shows were not going until the last couple days of the cruise.  We lost the San Juan port and they substituted 6 hours in Nassau. Because of the  longer distance to St. Martin, we got there a little later than scheduled. We returned to port with a 3.6% positive Covid rate. 

We had about 70 doing B2B, but the process was drawn out, because they were searching for people who had not left the ship. Masks are required everywhere indoors and in the shows.  If it is an Everyone venue at the aqua theater, then masks are required there. No masks required on pool deck or solarium. 

This week, all shows are up and running, and no changes for our western ports.  Not all dining operations are running.  No JR for breakfast, no Solarium Bistro for dinner.  

We had some dining crew test positive, which made dining the last two days of the cruise crazy.  We thought it carried over to this week, because every table was filled to capacity in our MDR the first night, but we found that was due to a large (400+) group onboard that all wanted the same dining. We have since moved our MDR and book some specialty restaurants. 

If you are on next week, you must be on a charter.  They said there will be about 1,600 for that sailing. 

Glad to see the Atlantis charter is only 1600!  We sail the 6th of next month,  so want a healthy crew!

Thanks for all the info!   We are on Oasis for the March 6th sailing.

I now see why the 1/16 sailing isn't shown for booking on RC.  The 1/23 and 1/30 sailings weren't for a while, either - but I see them there today.  They may have shut off bookings for those for a while for capacity control. 

I only see the 2/6 Western sailing on RC today for February Oasis cruises.  I'm not sure if the 2/13, 2/20 and 2/27 are currently "turned off" for capacity control - or if there's any charters among those. 

Edited by moonltnite

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

Thanks for all the info!   We are on Oasis for the March 6th sailing.

I now see why the 1/16 sailing isn't shown for booking on RC.  The 1/23 and 1/30 sailings weren't for a while, either - but I see them there today.  They may have shut off bookings for those for a while for capacity control. 

I only see the 2/6 Western sailing on RC today for February Oasis cruises.  I'm not sure if the 2/13, 2/20 and 2/27 are currently "turned off" for capacity control - or if there's any charters among those. 

Hi I’m on the 3/6 Oasis cruise also, I switched from the Symphony of the Seas.

• Like 1

I’m am not too worried about going, but hate to hear about packed dining room. I was hoping with reduced capacity they would go back to tables farther apart. That is biggest risk I think with no masks while eating and close tables 🙁

• Like 1

They were farther apart, but you can never tell when a group is aboard.  We have a large (400+) group aboard that all wants to be together, so they crammed them all into one dining room. Every table filled. 

85FA1499-EBA5-4C6C-9C4B-EEA3B0CA8348.thumb.jpeg.0ab59b11bc4f57dc4e325d6c59cd45b2.jpeg

Thats why we moved. 

I saw on a different post re this week's Oasis sailing - that it's largely composed of two big groups.  One is a religious group, with over 400 people - and the other is a SSC (same sex) couple group (also apparently in the hundreds).  That has to be quite a contrast!  I saw the web site for the religious cruise - https://goodnewscruise.com/.   

The 1/19 Oasis sailing also has a large SSCs group - https://atlantisevents.com/pdf/oa20-cruise-vacation-guide.pdf.  

They undoubtedly get a lot of charter groups after the holidays and before spring breaks.... as well as in the fall.