Snorkel masks

Mrs f.

Take your prescription with you, and visit a dive shop.  They may have drop-in lenses that can go with any mask, either one you have, or the one that works best for you there.  If those don't work, with your prescription in hand, they can tell you what options exist for lenses that will work for you.

Another thing to understand is the water provides some magnification, so it may be that you're better using a slightly lower power lenses than you would for the surface. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

DH tried prescription mask and it didnt work well for him.  He also tried contacts and couldn’t stand them, so he just uses a standard mask now without corrective lenses.  I am horribly nearsighted and wear progressives, so I get contacts that correct my distance vision only just for snorkeling.  Hope you can find a solution that works well for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a horrible astigmatism and thought hard about a prescription mask. None of them will be exact and they will at best be OK. Its not east to wear glasses or contacts with them. You may get mixed results. Even though I could not see perfect details, the water was clear enough and sun bright enough to see perfectly fine.

• Like 1

Years ago, I bought an off-the-shelf mask that could accommodate standard pre-fab prescription lens, and the vendor switched the plain lens for ones that approximated my prescription, which is partly for near-sighted-ness and partly for astigmatism.   The extra cost for the second set of lens was very reasonable, and even tho they corrected the nearsightedness but not the astigmatism, it still made for an enhanced snorkel experience at a reasonable price.  Custom prescription lens could have also corrected the astigmatism, but would have cost alot more. 

• Like 2