Carification on double points for cruises cancelled by RCI

Karter

I received this from my TA today.

We received clarification by Royal Caribbean executives and it does appear to be correct

Here’s how it works:

• Members must choose to receive the 125% cancellation FCCs (not the refund option) to qualify;  Members who receive the 100% FCC originally sailing on 1/8/22 and 1/9/22 will also qualify
  • Once guests redeem the FCC(s) on a future reservation, that booking will be automatically grandfathered into the Double Points promotional offer
    • As a reminder, such FCCs can be used on any RCI sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 or one year from the original sailing – whichever is further out.
  • As always, Crown & Anchor Society points are awarded to a member’s account within 14 days after the completion of a sailing
  • Double Points will only be honored on one future sailing per qualifying FCC; Remaining balance FCCs will not result in protection of the Double Points offer
  • This offer applies to Crown & Anchor members who were booked on sailings that were recently cancelled and who accept the FCC compensation offer, regardless of whether their original reservation qualified for Double Points
    • Qualifying CAS tiers include Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle. Please kindly note that Pre-Gold members are not qualified to receive this benefit.
  • Number of points offered will be determined by the new sailing length, category booked, and occupancy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Karter said:

I received this from my TA today.

We received clarification by Royal Caribbean executives and it does appear to be correct

Here’s how it works:

• Members must choose to receive the 125% cancellation FCCs (not the refund option) to qualify;  Members who receive the 100% FCC originally sailing on 1/8/22 and 1/9/22 will also qualify
  • Once guests redeem the FCC(s) on a future reservation, that booking will be automatically grandfathered into the Double Points promotional offer
    • As a reminder, such FCCs can be used on any RCI sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 or one year from the original sailing – whichever is further out.
  • As always, Crown & Anchor Society points are awarded to a member’s account within 14 days after the completion of a sailing
  • Double Points will only be honored on one future sailing per qualifying FCC; Remaining balance FCCs will not result in protection of the Double Points offer
  • This offer applies to Crown & Anchor members who were booked on sailings that were recently cancelled and who accept the FCC compensation offer, regardless of whether their original reservation qualified for Double Points
    • Qualifying CAS tiers include Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle. Please kindly note that Pre-Gold members are not qualified to receive this benefit.
  • Number of points offered will be determined by the new sailing length, category booked, and occupancy.

Would have been nice if they did this sooner so the people that cancelled for 100% refund had this option. Would also have been nice if they cancelled the cruise when they should have- They gave us the option to cancel for full refund (ships still sailing), then pull this two days later with a flat out cancel of the cruise. I bet some people took the full refund before this FCC 2x points offer was made too. Not sure what goes on in corporate anymore. They saw the cancelled cruises coming. That was obvious because nothing changed from the cancel option up until the cruise cancellations. The crew and performers were already sick, and the islands had their new policies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Get a $100 FCC from a cancelled 3 night cruise and use it on a 19 night Transpacific (Solo in a Suite).  😉 

That is my plan since I already have a transatlantic booked.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I'll try.  I have two future cruise credits for $1366 each.  I've asked the redemption department to refund them to my Visa account.  Yesterday I received a deposit on my Visa for $944.00 from Royal Carribean.  Rather than wait for a real, almost English speaking, person to explain....Can anyone here explain what kind of Math was used to arrive at this dollar amount and is it correct.  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I'll try.  I have two future cruise credits for $1366 each.  I've asked the redemption department to refund them to my Visa account.  Yesterday I received a deposit on my Visa for $944.00 from Royal Carribean.  Rather than wait for a real, almost English speaking, person to explain....Can anyone here explain what kind of Math was used to arrive at this dollar amount and is it correct.  Thanks!

Payments now come more then 1 deposit to your account. You may get 1 or 2  more deposits in the next couple of days.

1 hour ago, biomedbob said:

Are they 125% FCC?  If yes, the refund will only be for the base amount [1].  Still doesn't add up though.

[1] Someone please correct me if that is not true.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:53 PM, RoyalC said:

Would have been nice if they did this sooner so the people that cancelled for 100% refund had this option. Would also have been nice if they cancelled the cruise when they should have- They gave us the option to cancel for full refund (ships still sailing), then pull this two days later with a flat out cancel of the cruise. I bet some people took the full refund before this FCC 2x points offer was made too. Not sure what goes on in corporate anymore. They saw the cancelled cruises coming. That was obvious because nothing changed from the cancel option up until the cruise cancellations. The crew and performers were already sick, and the islands had their new policies.

OR for those that wanted to rebook before we KNEW we would get an FCC, honor that option too. TA tried and all he kept being told was this 'new' booking is after the double point time frame. Umm. Hello?
Erika

On 1/12/2022 at 12:35 PM, Another_Critic said:

Get a $100 FCC from a cancelled 3 night cruise and use it on a 19 night Transpacific (Solo in a Suite).  😉 

You still have to pay the rest of the fare. 😄