CDC replaces CSO with Voluntary Program

marieps

My belief is O may not opt in if there are no penalties for doing so. That doesn't mean they will remove all restrictions but I do hope that by February the mask mandate will go away .February is when the medical experts are predicting we'll be through the brunt of Omicron and cases will be in rapid decline. Appears to be the case now in South Africa and the UK. 

And yes, I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy.

• Like 1

We have yet to see all the details, but I think most cruise ships will opt in.  Meaning they will we graded and not gray. I would think a cruise line will be at a competitive disadvantage to opt out.  
I also think many on board policies  (like masking) may depend on cases on board. 

Edited by jagoffee

FDR has already stated that all the NCLH cruise lines, Oceania, NCL and Regent Seven Seas will be participating in the new voluntary program. NCLH is the first cruise line holding company to make a public announcement about this .

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/ncl-oceania-regent-opt-cdcs-new-voluntary-covid-19-mitigation-program