Booking EZair flights?

suzyed

17 hours ago, cruiser113 said:

have been  trying since last friday to book on Nov 22 cruise.  My Princess Cruise Vacation planner is trying  to  figure out  the problem.

Ok...glad it's not just me.

I have spent endless hours (over 20) on the phone and on chat; Now including a snail mail letter to Princess (last week) and continue to get the "error" "try again" ; Call this number" messages when I try to book EZ air for our cruises (4) leaving in July. I get all the way through including all the notices, and picking seats  and when I hit "Book Now" I get all the above messages. I have no idea of how the prices might change and I do know that I can book the flights by using the airline website,  Just so darn frustrating.

3 hours ago, ghgeckos said:

For our October cruise the EZair didn't show seats until a couple weeks after the online booking window opened. Eventual it worked.

This show seats and everything else except when I try to purchase I get an error message.

1 hour ago, triple7tahoe said:

I have spent endless hours (over 20) on the phone and on chat; Now including a snail mail letter to Princess (last week) and continue to get the "error" "try again" ; Call this number" messages when I try to book EZ air for our cruises (4) leaving in July. I get all the way through including all the notices, and picking seats  and when I hit "Book Now" I get all the above messages. I have no idea of how the prices might change and I do know that I can book the flights by using the airline website,  Just so darn frustrating.

I agree....I'm afraid my first class seat prices will not be available when I can finally book.

• Like 1

Having the same issue. I started on Wed. and have tried every day since. Error message every time. I did use the chat function but they said they were also getting an error message.  On Thu. I decided to try calling but after being on hold for 1hr and 48 mins I gave up. I even tried booking at 2 a.m. just to see if that made a difference. Nope. The business flight I want says 2 seats left at this price so I'm frustrated that those seats will be gone before this ever works. 

Now just don't get me started on the darn medallion app that will not recognize my cruise that is in 40 days. Medallion support basically told me they can't get it to work. Actually what he said is that it had a fatal flaw. Now my 2nd cruise is also not being recognized. I'm taking the advice of others on this forum and I'm just going to ignore the darn app and check in at the dock like we've done a dozen times before. 🙂

4 hours ago, courtside said:

Having the same issue. I started on Wed. and have tried every day since. Error message every time. I did use the chat function but they said they were also getting an error message.  On Thu. I decided to try calling but after being on hold for 1hr and 48 mins I gave up. I even tried booking at 2 a.m. just to see if that made a difference. Nope. The business flight I want says 2 seats left at this price so I'm frustrated that those seats will be gone before this ever works. 

Now just don't get me started on the darn medallion app that will not recognize my cruise that is in 40 days. Medallion support basically told me they can't get it to work. Actually what he said is that it had a fatal flaw. Now my 2nd cruise is also not being recognized. I'm taking the advice of others on this forum and I'm just going to ignore the darn app and check in at the dock like we've done a dozen times before. 🙂

I tried all that you did trying to book flights.  I am trying to convince myself that if I can't book no one else can either and maybe the flights I want will still be available when it's finally working again.
Sorry you are having so much trouble with the medallion...I haven't even looked at it for my April sailing but it worked almost flawlessly for our recent Sky cruise.  I will have to check and see how it's doing for the next cruise.

4 hours ago, courtside said:

y

Twice this week I tried to modify our economy seats to premium economy on a return flight from London Heathrow.  We have B2B cruises, so I can only book one way for the departure on the first cruise.  Then at the end of the two cruises I have to book return to ATL.  

Tuesday I tried to modify our return flights on Delta, to the same flight through Virgin Atlantic.  There was an excellent price on VA (operated by Delta) so I went through the procedure to book them instead of the Delta flight number.  After I'd checked all the boxes and tried to click on book flights, a box popped up warning me that I had to be 17 or older to book flights.  ???  When you close that pop up box, the flight prices went back to their sky high price.  I was unable to book the price I'd just seen.

Today I tried again and this time the same flight operated by Delta but under KLM flight number had the lower price I wanted.  Essentially the new pricing I've seen these two times were approx. the same price as our economy price.  The same thing happened today with the 17 or older pop up.  When it was closed the price shot right up just like the VA flight on Tuesday.  

In order to rant, I called and sat on hold to complain about it for almost an hour.  She tried telling me that the airlines can change the price every day.   I know that but each time the price shot up in 2 minutes time after that obnoxious pop up.  

Anyone else have a problem like this?

On 1/15/2022 at 8:31 PM, suzyed said:

I tried all that you did trying to book flights.  I am trying to convince myself that if I can't book no one else can either and maybe the flights I want will still be available when it's finally working again.
Sorry you are having so much trouble with the medallion...I haven't even looked at it for my April sailing but it worked almost flawlessly for our recent Sky cruise.  I will have to check and see how it's doing for the next cruise.

y

Ok, after sitting on hold for over an hour and talking to a rep who was unable to book the flight I wanted, she transferred me to the "travel" person who also couldn't accomplish booking it and he put me on hold for 45 minutes before I got cut off.
Several hours later I tried again....this time on hold for 50 minutes but miracle of miracles I got someone who tried again and was able to book it.  It wasn't the First class I was trying to book, only Business was available, but we got it booked just the same!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Twice this week I tried to modify our economy seats to premium economy on a return flight from London Heathrow.  We have B2B cruises, so I can only book one way for the departure on the first cruise.  Then at the end of the two cruises I have to book return to ATL.  

Tuesday I tried to modify our return flights on Delta, to the same flight through Virgin Atlantic.  There was an excellent price on VA (operated by Delta) so I went through the procedure to book them instead of the Delta flight number.  After I'd checked all the boxes and tried to click on book flights, a box popped up warning me that I had to be 17 or older to book flights.  ???  When you close that pop up box, the flight prices went back to their sky high price.  I was unable to book the price I'd just seen.

Today I tried again and this time the same flight operated by Delta but under KLM flight number had the lower price I wanted.  Essentially the new pricing I've seen these two times were approx. the same price as our economy price.  The same thing happened today with the 17 or older pop up.  When it was closed the price shot right up just like the VA flight on Tuesday.  

In order to rant, I called and sat on hold to complain about it for almost an hour.  She tried telling me that the airlines can change the price every day.   I know that but each time the price shot up in 2 minutes time after that obnoxious pop up.  

Anyone else have a problem like this?

I would have been asking the Princess rep and/or the EZ-Air rep what they see in the System for birthdate.  Perhaps that is wrong for some reason.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I would have been asking the Princess rep and/or the EZ-Air rep what they see in the System for birthdate.  Perhaps that is wrong for some reason.

I did ask that at the end of the conversation.  She confirmed it was correct.  In fact at the beginning of the call she asked my booking number, full name and date of birth.  So she would have discovered that problem from the beginning of the call, but I forgot and asked anyway.  I know Princess can mess up and input incorrect information.  For instance, one time I couldn't book flights because they had changed my home airport.  Had to make a call to my TA to get that corrected.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is not wrong.   And they had no idea why it wasn't working....actually they started out acting like I just didn't know how to do it and then got the very same message I got at the end.  As a matter of fact neither seemed to know there was an issue before I talked to them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I did ask that at the end of the conversation.  She confirmed it was correct.  In fact at the beginning of the call she asked my booking number, full name and date of birth.  So she would have discovered that problem from the beginning of the call, but I forgot and asked anyway.  I know Princess can mess up and input incorrect information.  For instance, one time I couldn't book flights because they had changed my home airport.  Had to make a call to my TA to get that corrected.  

Same here....we went through all the details.   
They change my home port almost every time...LOL!  I am always able to change it online before starting my booking.

16 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Same here....we went through all the details.   
They change my home port almost every time...LOL!  I am always able to change it online before starting my booking.

This was a long time ago when we were using a Florida TA.  I wouldn't doubt you can change it yourself now.  I do like Princess's website a lot more than Holland America's.  I also like the fact you can be checking out different cruises and without a booking on it, click on Flight Quotes, and see what pricing is on flights for that particular cruise.  On HAL you have to have an actual booking before you can see how expensive the flights will be.

I just wish they'd let me change my flights to that great price without snatching it away from me a minute later.

I have been trying to book a premium economy flight from Las Vegas to Rome for 4 days. I put in all the required information and check all the boxes before getting to select seats. When I hit "Book" it appears like the system is attempting to process the request but then the "Error" message appears which tells me to try again later or call 1-800-774-6237.

Twice I have called the number given and after spending 57 min. one time and 1 hr and 45 min. another on hold was able to speak with a rep. The first rep asked me to verify my information and then placed the same information in her computer as I had done previously. The results were the same, "Error" message.

Second time after I got through and waited on hold I was transferred to the "travel expert" where I waited another 50 min. on hold. Again, we verified all the data (Name, Birthday, address etc. )and it was determined that my phone number was incorrect (that number was disconnected 2 1/2 years ago) but the person was unable to change it. The "Travel Expert" also put the information into the computer but when it was time to "Book" she also received the "Error" message.

The "Travel Expert's" advice was to try again in a few days. Like some of the previous posters the flight that I am trying to book said there were 3 seats left at that price. I am frustrated that no one can figure out what is going on and why I can not book a flight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WmFCoyote said:

I have been trying to book a premium economy flight from Las Vegas to Rome for 4 days. I put in all the required information and check all the boxes before getting to select seats. When I hit "Book" it appears like the system is attempting to process the request but then the "Error" message appears which tells me to try again later or call 1-800-774-6237.

Twice I have called the number given and after spending 57 min. one time and 1 hr and 45 min. another on hold was able to speak with a rep. The first rep asked me to verify my information and then placed the same information in her computer as I had done previously. The results were the same, "Error" message.

Second time after I got through and waited on hold I was transferred to the "travel expert" where I waited another 50 min. on hold. Again, we verified all the data (Name, Birthday, address etc. )and it was determined that my phone number was incorrect (that number was disconnected 2 1/2 years ago) but the person was unable to change it. The "Travel Expert" also put the information into the computer but when it was time to "Book" she also received the "Error" message.

The "Travel Expert's" advice was to try again in a few days. Like some of the previous posters the flight that I am trying to book said there were 3 seats left at that price. I am frustrated that no one can figure out what is going on and why I can not book a flight.

I feel your pain.  I tried to book my premium economy seats again this afternoon.  I didn't go all the way through the process though because I stopped at the LOW price and called my TA.  She tried to look it up on her computer but kept getting bumped off.  So I called Princess and pushed 3 for a NEW booking, and someone answered the phone almost immediately.  I told her I was trying to talk to EZAir and she put me through to the appropriate section.  There I was on hold for a while and unfortunately Princess logged me out of my account even though I clicked on continue my session.  When I logged back in the price again had skyrocketed up about $1000pp.  I have print screens of what I had on my screen, but I doubt they care.  I hung up because I don't want to pay that higher price.  Sorry you're having so many problems too!

I finally was able to book our flight. Called the 1-800-774-6237 number and was on hold for only 55 min. Agent immediately transferred me to the EZ Air section where I was on hold for an additional 40 min. EZ Air agent asked for booking number and which flight I was trying to book and placed me on hold again for 13 min. She came back on line and told me that I  now had flights from LAS to FCO on the dates and flights we requested. Now I am a Happy Flier!!!! It only took 12 days to book flight.

Edited by WmFCoyote
Add information