Laundry & Metal Walls on Viking?

cruz_happy

Experienced Viking cruisers,

We are starting to pack for our upcoming Viking voyage overseas.  I think I read somewhere that Viking provides detergent for use in their laundry facilities; is this right and are they still doing this in the COVID times we are living in?  (Makes sense that they would want to control the type of detergent used.)  Are we allowed to bring softener sheets for the dryers (not the liquid, just the toss-in the dryer kind)?  (We are in a DV so will be doing some laundry.)

Also, are the walls on Viking ships metal and thus magnet wall hooks/clips would work?  (I think most cruise ships have this but just want to be sure. )

Don't want to pack anything that won't be usable.  We need all the space we can get!  (LOL)

TYIA

1 minute ago, cruz_happy said:

We are starting to pack for our upcoming Viking voyage overseas.  I think I read somewhere that Viking provides detergent for use in their laundry facilities; is this right and are they still doing this in the COVID times we are living in?  (Makes sense that they would want to control the type of detergent used.)  Are we allowed to bring softener sheets for the dryers (not the liquid, just the toss-in the dryer kind)?  (We are in a DV so will be doing some laundry.)

Also, are the walls on Viking ships metal and thus magnet wall hooks/clips would work?  (I think most cruise ships have this but just want to be sure. )

Don't want to pack anything that won't be usable.  We need all the space we can get!  (LOL)

TYIA

Yes Viking provides the detergent and it is automatically dispensed when you press the appropriate button on the wall corresponding to your washer number.  Bring dryer softener sheets if you wish.  Although some say that the residue left in the dryer can trigger an allergic reaction in those who have a scent allergy.

Yes to the magnets.  We always bring them.  On our two 2021 cruises they came in really handy by the door to hang a mask and the contact tracing device as a reminder to wear them when leaving.

• Like 1

In a DV we have found some surfaces magnetic and some not.  We bring Command Adhesive hooks and they are a bit stronger than magnetic hooks we have had before.  Also can be put on wood like the bedside table.  Always put one on the side to organize all the device charger cords.   That's the key, make the space work for you.  Have fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruz_happy said:

TYIA

Dhobi dust (detergent) is still provided for the washing machines and yes you can use fabric softener sheets in the dryers.

The cabin bulkheads are all metal, just not all steel, as aluminium is used for weight saving. We do bring magnets, but find the 3M Command Strips more useful. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 12:57 PM, cruz_happy said:

I bring metal skirt hangers and suction cup hooks to hang wet laundry to dry on the shower enclosure. They only work on glass. The clothesline is useless; everything ends up sliding to the center. I can't get the magnetic hooks I have to work in the bathroom but they work great on the walls between the cabins.

Next time I cruise I want to figure out a hook for masks right by the door so that I don't forget as I walk out the door.

7 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I bring metal skirt hangers and suction cup hooks to hang wet laundry to dry on the shower enclosure. They only work on glass. The clothesline is useless; everything ends up sliding to the center. I can't get the magnetic hooks I have to work in the bathroom but they work great on the walls between the cabins.

Next time I cruise I want to figure out a hook for masks right by the door so that I don't forget as I walk out the door.

Hoping and praying next time you cruise you don't need a mask...

• Like 3