On board Sihouette 14 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

They only test if you call medical with symptoms. Or if they call you because you were identified in contact tracing.

There is no routine passenger testing on board

i believe they test each crew member once weekly.

Thanks for the reply good to hear we won't be going through the mill wondering each will we test positive. 

1 hour ago, Cruzinram said:

Are mask required while onboard and inside? I just read a post from Apex post that said mask are required on their sailing. Saw nothing on Celebrity web site  under health protocols about mask.

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  Note that this policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

From Celebrity Website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chucknmarilyn said:

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  Note that this policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

From Celebrity Website.

So I guess they won't be offering Whisper Challenge as part of their interactive game shows for the foreseeable future. 😂

BTW Here's the Celebrity website link. Go down to the last entry under the While On Board section.

Health & Safety FAQs: Find Answers Online | Celebrity Cruises

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Are they having many games such as Trivia, Scattergories, TRI Bond, Etc?

Not quite as many as they might if they had a full crew on the Activities Staff, but there are two trivia, another game like Scattegories or TriBond, a couple of Name That Tune, and more, so yes they are doing games.  In the evening they have done Yes/No and various other games too.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Not quite as many as they might if they had a full crew on the Activities Staff, but there are two trivia, another game like Scattegories or TriBond, a couple of Name That Tune, and more, so yes they are doing games.  In the evening they have done Yes/No and various other games too.

Awesome!!!

9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Actually I just saw the schedule for tomorrow and that whisper game is on it for 8p.m.

LOL!! They’ve played that on every cruise we’ve been on since cruising started back up. That is one game we would never volunteer to participate in, especially now. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’ll understand what I mean if you ever do.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I’m glad to hear that few passengers are affected on board but it seems like many of the crew are getting slammed. It started over the holiday cruise and seems to have picked up over the last 2 sailings. Hopefully everyone recovers completely. 

On 1/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, DaKahuna said:

Following.  We will not be onboard until March 28 but always like to see what others have to say and keep an eye out for anything we did not see/try the last time we were onboard. 

How has entertainment been on the 14th sailing?

9 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

From Celebrity Website.

I just received a prepare to cruise email from celebrity. No mention of masks and it says there is a hVAC air purifying system on board so all air will be clean filtered and pure.  Is this a new development ?

25 minutes ago, Outofofficeon said:

I just received a prepare to cruise email from celebrity. No mention of masks and it says there is a hVAC air purifying system on board so all air will be clean filtered and pure.  Is this a new development ?

Masks started one cruise ago.  

I don’t know when they upgraded the HVAC system.

The generic email for getting ready for your cruise has been in place for months. They have not gotten everything updated in these emails, but it is updated on the website.

Edited by cruisestitch

1 hour ago, Outofofficeon said:

The one I got today does say masks are required.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Masks started one cruise ago.  

I don’t know when they upgraded the HVAC system.

The generic email for getting ready for your cruise has been in place for months. They have not gotten everything updated in these emails, but it is updated on the website.

You'd think they could add it to the many, MANY emails and phone calls we're getting about giving them our vaccination status (even though we have already done that!).

6 hours ago, Outofofficeon said:

I got the prepare to cruise email and it does include the indoor mask mandate. 

• MASKS
As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking. This policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

The one I got today does say masks are required.

I have a feeling that right now people on the next sailing (1/24) are getting the Mask mandate info, but those of us on later cruises are not. Would make sense since Celebrity said that this would be reviewed on a weekly basis when it was implemented on the 1/4 (I think) cruise.

42 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

I have a feeling that right now people on the next sailing (1/24) are getting the Mask mandate info, but those of us on later cruises are not. Would make sense since Celebrity said that this would be reviewed on a weekly basis when it was implemented on the 1/4 (I think) cruise.

Could be. I really don't know. I got a notice on 1/9, 1/10, and a few days ago but they don't say which sailing. We are on 1/24 and 2/4. All of them say masks are required. I'll have mine on either way.

11 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Could be. I really don't know. I got a notice on 1/9, 1/10, and a few days ago but they don't say which sailing. We are on 1/24 and 2/4. All of them say masks are required. I'll have mine on either way.

I agree