On board Sihouette 14 January 2022. Have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

Did Cartagena get cancelled?

My Cartagena birds excursion no longer appears on my calendar. However, they are offering four other Cartagena excursions, including a hop on hop off bus tour which is hardly a bubble activity! I wonder what their logic is. Also I see they are now offering a jeep tour in Nassau for $149.

3 minutes ago, earlydiner said:

According to an email I got minutes ago Cartagena is gone, replaced by Puerto Plata, Dominican Rep.

Since this thread is specifically about this cruise, Perhaps comments about the upcoming cruise could go on a new thread or onto the Roll Call so as not to confuse people.

This cruise was never scheduled to go to Cartagena

• Like 3

On 1/14/2022 at 8:57 AM, cruisestitch said:

I will try to ask but I am not eating in MDR, I am only eating in the buffet but I will see what I can find out

From what I've been told is you can get the Filet on the Children's Menu in any Restaurant.    BTW it's the same menu regardless of location.  I've only been in MDR on Edge to try it out one night and they had the children's menu available.   I've used it often in Luminae and Blu

Our cruise Director is in fact Lewis and he is back on duty after his time cloistered away on joining the ship.

We now have a DJ, but I confess I am not impressed. He is at this moment playing Caribbean music poolside, but it all sounds like it would be well-suited to Zumba classes, not mellow at all with its driving beat.  He has driven me away, to complete the analogy.  

• Like 1

Just now, cruisestitch said:

Another day with no new cases, this makes four in a row

No new passenger cases? Any idea about crew? I’m sure with so few people on board, it’s hard to tell if the crew is reduced in number or not, unless a high profile group like entertainment or your own waitstaff disappear?

On the last cruise he very carefully said “we have a few cases among the passengers and crew”

So I would predict from that that he might say “we have a few cases among the crew”. But no. He has been silent for four days on the issue, so I am interpreting that to mean there are no new cases among passengers OR crew

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

On the last cruise he very carefully said “we have a few cases among the passengers and crew”

So I would predict from that that he might say “we have a few cases among the crew”. But no. He has been silent for four days on the issue, so I am interpreting that to mean there are no new cases among passengers OR crew

That is excellent news. Stay safe, thank you for sharing your cruise with us and have a great next few days!

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

No new cases would be great, but I’d be wary. Interpreting no announcement at all to mean ‘there are no new cases among passengers and crew’, is not the same as an announcement saying there have been no new cases

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:

No new cases would be great, but I’d be wary. Interpreting no announcement at all to mean ‘there are no new cases among passengers and crew’, is not the same as an announcement saying there have been no new cases

I also wonder if word has come down from Headquarters to end the announcements because of all the postings on here and other sites enumerating infections and thus maybe contributing to cancellations.

• Like 1

I agree that I wish he would come  out with a clear statement rather than leaving anything open to interpretation.  But I don’t have any illusions that the readership of Cruise Critic is more than a small percentage of cruises and not likely to have their decisions make more than a small dent in passenger count.

4 hours ago, chamima said:

I also wonder if word has come down from Headquarters to end the announcements because of all the postings on here and other sites enumerating infections and thus maybe contributing to cancellations.

One could only hope so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chamima said:

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I agree that I wish he would come  out with a clear statement rather than leaving anything open to interpretation.  But I don’t have any illusions that the readership of Cruise Critic is more than a small percentage of cruises and not likely to have their decisions make more than a small dent in passenger count.

I know for a fact that the cruise lines monitor  Cruise Critic. (Long story but a compliment I wrote about a crew member was sent to his supervisor the next day from the main office and he told me) but I also wrote other sites like   FB. 

13 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

According to Captains Club hostess there have been no new passenger cases and only a couple of crew cases on this cruise.  So this is consistent with the lack of announcements from the Captain.  This is day 7.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

According to Captains Club hostess there have been no new passenger cases and only a couple of crew cases on this cruise.  So this is consistent with the lack of announcements from the Captain.  This is day 7.

♥️♥️♥️♥️And thank you!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wblotner said:

Somebody aboard the ship knows if there are new cases. If they changed policy to not announce that destroys confidence of passengers in Celebrity. We as consumers  have a right to know. Good luck!

What difference will an announcement make except being upset and nervous until the rest of a cruise?  The "best" time for such an announcement is during dinner (or lunch) - I witnessed a such on my December 5 cruise.  One might choke and pass away upon hearing it.  What would a cause of passing be in that scenario?

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 1