Jamaica and Grand Cayman

funkidd

10 minutes ago, funkidd said:

The dw and I have a cruise on the Vista on February 5 going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Does anyone have info on whether or not the ships have been stopping or going to those ports. 

I think the next announcement will be Jan 27 or 29th. We original had that itinerary on the Vista leaving next Saturday.  As of now, Grand Cayman is still closed to cruise ships 

5 hours ago, funkidd said:

The dw and I have a cruise on the Vista on February 5 going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Does anyone have info on whether or not the ships have been stopping or going to those ports. 

I was stoned before for saying so, but I got a email months ago from rcl for my march 27 cruise that ports were changed because caymans closed so we dropped Jamaica as well. 

I finally in dec also got a email for jan 30th caymans closed and going to Belize and costa maya .. maybe 2 months after the march 27 email.

My guess is the cruiselines know ..jan 30th they had to scramble to find new ports is why took so long.

I'd guess caymans is closed as rcl states thru the end of march and I wouldnt expect to go there. When I first posted the email itself maybe last oct people here said rcl might be wrong... 

I loved Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Sad to see that Calico Jack's and Royal Palms beach club have closed. Speculation that Grand Cayman could forgo cruise ships and develop new resorts and dining to focus on attracting guests for multiple night stays.

1 hour ago, grantbob said:

My Vista cruise for Jan 22 was changed from Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman to Belize and Mahogany Bay. 

Wow. This has been going on for a lonnnnngggg time! We did a Vista cruise back in Aug.21, 2021 -  Aug.28,2021. Our booked ports were Montego Bay, Grand Cayman & Cozumel. We wound up with Mahogany Bay, Belize & Cozumel.  Had a great time in Roatan(M.B,) and especially  Belize. I'd go back to both in a heartbeat! 

Don't know about the ports, my guess is that they will change.  We were on the Vista in November and both GC and Jamaica were changed, we still had a great cruise.  We ended up going to Honduras and Belize.  We are on the Feb 5 Vista cruise as well, gonna have a great time! 

15 hours ago, Gumbo4Life said:

Don't know about the ports, my guess is that they will change.  We were on the Vista in November and both GC and Jamaica were changed, we still had a great cruise.  We ended up going to Honduras and Belize.  We are on the Feb 5 Vista cruise as well, gonna have a great time! 

Our first leg will be to Mahogany Bay and Belize.  The 2nd leg is scheduled for GC and Jamaica, but if they change, it's no big deal to us!  We plan to have fun regardless of where She stops!   Enjoy your Feb 5...  We will be right behind you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slimknyzer said:

Our first leg will be to Mahogany Bay and Belize.  The 2nd leg is scheduled for GC and Jamaica, but if they change, it's no big deal to us!  We plan to have fun regardless of where She stops!   Enjoy your Feb 5...  We will be right behind you!

Plan on changing CG/Jamaica to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Just returned from our January 8 cruise on Vista. Originally our itinerary was Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios Jamaica and Cozumel. We knew it would be changed because of Grand Cayman, but it was December 22 before we got email from Carnival verifying the new itinerary of Isla Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Probably takes a lot of time to get all the ships shuffled around to different ports. 

Really unfortunate because we haven't been to GC or Jamaica in about 4 years and have been to Roatan and Belize many, many times.

Completely understood but it does make it much more difficult to plan excursions especially since all of our kids will be traveling with us.