side by side testing

1 minute ago, dddangerousdan said:

We are on Symphony out of Miami and have another on Vision leaving from Ft Lauderdale with one day between them. Does anyone know if they will give us a test before we leave the ship for the next cruise?

They tested us in this same situation in December. No telling what processes will be in place for the future.

m

Yes they will test you onboard the first ship.  We did the same thing in November, when we had a day between.  LOTS of B2B and S2S cruisers.   The policy is on their website, so I did print that out and take it with me just to be safe.  

Since you are changing ships, be sure to visit Guest Services once you get onboard so they put you on the list for testing. 

Edited by JsMom2

On 1/18/2022 at 10:47 AM, JsMom2 said:

Yes they will test you onboard the first ship.  We did the same thing in November, when we had a day between.  LOTS of B2B and S2S cruisers.   The policy is on their website, so I did print that out and take it with me just to be safe.  

Since you are changing ships, be sure to visit Guest Services once you get onboard so they put you on the list for testing. 

Where did you find the policy at on their web site, and was there a charge for the testing?

You didn’t say when your cruises are.  Keep in mind that their policies on this can change at any time.  So even if they’ll test you for free now, nobody knows when they’ll change that.

They provided S2S testing for me in November and December at no charge. 

I would expect that to continue as long as they are requiring testing, as it was announced as a policy last summer.  

As stated, go to Guest Services and let them now that you're a consecutive cruiser and need the info to get registered for the test.  Different ships are doing it differently -- some have you scan a QR code and register online, others just put you on a list and tell you when to show up.

• Like 1

When I did my S2S (with one day in between) on Freedom/Oasis at the end of November and beginning of December, Guest Services gave me an AG Card Kit to take with me to test myself (proctored, of course).  They did this because my test would have had to be on debarkation day.  Check in with Guest Services as soon as you get onboard the first half of your S2S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am currently doing S2S2S. I had to get my TA to call shoreside to get Indy to test me for my Harmony sailing. I'm in star class on Harmony so my Genie set up testing, which I literally just completed, for my Mariner that leaves Mon. Saw plenty of people testing to either stay on or transfer to another Royal ship. If it is within the 2-day timeframe, they will test you on the ship. If it is within the 3-day timeframe specified in the FAQs under B2B, they will most likely give you an eMed test. 

• Like 1