Early information?….or a mistake?

janetcbl

Yesterday I received a 3 page information sheet in “My Viking Journey “ about COVID test requirements and on board requirements. As soon as I read it and moved on to another item in the “Journey”, it disappeared! I called Viking today and one representative said he would send the information right out via email; nothing appeared. I called again and the second rep couldn’t figure out what it was I was talking about.  We don’t sail until June 25, 2022,  so I am thinking it was sent in error ( who knows what the requirements will be by then!).  Anyone else had this experience? I am inclined to just forget about it for now.

Same thing happened to me on another itinerary:  there was message at the top of MVJ with the document but after you read it it’s gone.  I found it again by looking up my itinerary (on Viking Ocean website, outside of MVJ) as if I were researching cruises to book and then clicked on the “Resources” tab and then “Pre Cruise requirements”.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Traveling Folks said:

We're leaving Feb 6, 2021 on the Viking Orion cruise from Los Angeles to Ft Lauderdale. We received the following updated Covid testing requirements from Viking. https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-220105-RestartPreCruiseRequirement-UnitedStates_US_CA_UK_AU_NZ_FINAL.pdf

Yes, that is what I received. It is not the same as what is “Pre Cruise Requirements” which is on “My Viking Journey”. Thanks for your post.  Now I am convinced it was sent in error.

3 hours ago, janetcbl said:

Yesterday I received a 3 page information sheet in “My Viking Journey “ about COVID test requirements and on board requirements. As soon as I read it and moved on to another item in the “Journey”, it disappeared! I called Viking today and one representative said he would send the information right out via email; nothing appeared. I called again and the second rep couldn’t figure out what it was I was talking about.  We don’t sail until June 25, 2022,  so I am thinking it was sent in error ( who knows what the requirements will be by then!).  Anyone else had this experience? I am inclined to just forget about it for now.

I'm not convinced it disappeared because it was sent in error. The disappearance may be a separate issue.

MVJ notifications has a glitch: it may delete any notification you have just opened the moment you navigate away from it (including, I believe, switching to another tab). I have had this happen a number of times since July. 

It is not predictable and so I try immediately upon opening to either 'print to pdf' or  'cut and paste' to a document every notification I get.  (Of course, this plan depends on my memory and you can be sure that I am not batting a thousand).

At least Viking does not depend on MVJ for the flurry of important departure information that it sends in the month or so before departure; that all comes by email either to you or your TA in both.

32 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

Yes, that is what I received. It is not the same as what is “Pre Cruise Requirements” which is on “My Viking Journey”. Thanks for your post.  Now I am convinced it was sent in error.

Well--that's annoying because I have received nothing in MVJ and we depart Feb. 6. I got a message in MVJ directing me to the Resources tab for the cruise. Now I'm not sure what to trust.

When I look at the information on Viking for my West Indies to Spain cruise in March - there is no information at all under the Resorces tab about Covid requirements for Puerto Rico. Yet if I look at other itineraries leaving  from San Juan - the resources tab DOES have Covid info. Their website is not accurate it seems. 

I wouldn’t like to be on the executive staff of Viking right now — redirecting their cruises — including their world cruise — also keeping in mind their testing and quarantining policies for both pax and crew. I’m sure every day is a challenge for them to make things right for their clients and also make things financially feasible for them. We have an investment in their future cruises and we have confidence in Viking. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, broker1217 said:

Well--that's annoying because I have received nothing in MVJ and we depart Feb. 6. I got a message in MVJ directing me to the Resources tab for the cruise. Now I'm not sure what to trust.

Trust the e-mails that come directly to you spelling out what needs to be done or what the next deadline is.  You should have started getting them on January 7 or so -- if Viking is still doing them, which I really would expect they are, given how quickly the rules are changing. If not check with your roll call and ask what folks are getting from Viking right now. If they have been getting things and you haven't, first check with TA, if you are using one, to see if they are sitting on e-mails that they should be forwarding to you, then if necessary contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com.

4 hours ago, millybess said:

We received a notification for the health requirements for our May cruise and when I clicked on the link it said “Sorry page is unavailable “ 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Wait a few hours and try again. They could be updating the page -- a frequent occurrence these days.

2 hours ago, millybess said:

I wouldn’t like to be on the executive staff of Viking right now — redirecting their cruises — including their world cruise — also keeping in mind their testing and quarantining policies for both pax and crew. I’m sure every day is a challenge for them to make things right for their clients and also make things financially feasible for them. We have an investment in their future cruises and we have confidence in Viking. 

I think you hit the nail on the head.

We also received a pre-cruise requirements notification for our late June 2022 cruise and it "disappears" after to reading it. It is located in MVJ Pre-Cruise Embarkation Requirements. I presume it is sent so early due to the requirement that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months post your trip dates. The US passport renewal process, last I read, was quite backed up so needing to remind folks about the 6 months post cruise dates is prudent on Viking's behalf I think.

5 hours ago, BigBee51 said:

We also received a pre-cruise requirements notification for our late June 2022 cruise and it "disappears" after to reading it. It is located in MVJ Pre-Cruise Embarkation Requirements. I presume it is sent so early due to the requirement that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months post your trip dates. The US passport renewal process, last I read, was quite backed up so needing to remind folks about the 6 months post cruise dates is prudent on Viking's behalf I think.

…..and that update/information  just appeared in My Viking Journey today.