Does anyone have PHOTOS of Obstructed view SIDEWAYS cabins on the Star?

TrumpyNor

I have been cruising on the Star a couple of times before, and know the exact location of our booked cabin (one of the sideways cabins with oceanview) for a cruise next year. But I would like to see PHOTOS of the interior of the cabin if anyone have some to share? We are booked in a "standard" sideways cabin (#8616), and not in a HC sideways cabin. I have tried to search the internet but did not have any luck on anything about this type of cabin from the Star. 

Thank you!

I like the layout and location of the sideways oceanview staterooms.

Here is a Youtube video by Lauren of All Trades of sideways oceanview stateroom 8066 on the Pearl.  Edited to say that layout of a sideways stateroom on the Star would be similar with door in middle, bed area  to one side of entry door and bathroom and closet area to the other side of entry door.   You might try googling your stateroom number and see what comes up.

Edited by kjquilts
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kjquilts said:

I like the layout and location of the sideways oceanview staterooms.

Here is a Youtube video by Lauren of All Trades of sideways oceanview stateroom 8066 on the Pearl.  Corresponding Star video would be similar.   You might try googling your stateroom number and see what comes up.

Thank you for posting this, but I actually saw this video before I posted my request for photos here on CruiseCritics since the Star is different from the Jewel Class ships. And therefore I am guessing that the layout of the cabin may be different as well...

10 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Thank you for posting this, but I actually saw this video before I posted my request for photos here on CruiseCritics since the Star is different from the Jewel Class ships. And therefore I am guessing that the layout of the cabin may be different as well...

I edited my post ..... on the Star 8066 is not a sideways oceanview stateroom.  Sideways oceanview layouts do appear to be same or very similar between the Jewel class and Dawn class ships.   Window view will obviously depend on where stateroom is located.  I do have lifetime membership to cruisedeckplans .... very reasonable.

I did find a Youtube video of sideways ov 8582 from sister ship to the Star NCL Dawn

• Like 1

We've done sideways Obstructed Oceanview (OK) cabin on the Jade and Jewel - loved them, and I'm sure the Star (& Dawn) would be so similar.

I just had a look at Star's deck plan - looks like the deck 8 mid-ship is similar to the Jewel class ships. We had 8094 on both Jade and Jewel, so the Star's equivalent would be 8118. 

• Like 1

Currently booked in one on the Jewel in April.  I found this old discussion, comment #22 has a pic of the window/bed layout which is what I wanted - you can actually get to the window without climbing on the bed. 

Edited by julig22
  • Thanks 1