Scheduling antigen test appointment through Princess on day of embarkation?

seagunthera

I just grabbed an appointment for my upcoming cruise next month (sailing out of San Pedro) and am interested to hear about the experiences of these who have selected this option. What was the process, how long did it take, etc. 

Thanks in advance!

15 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

app.rrtesting.com

It's $100 (which is pricey) but for the ease of use and not having to deal with the worry re: getting results back in time, etc. maybe worth it?

Went to site.  Requires me to log in before any information.  Please explain procedure?  Is this a day or two before cruising?  Is it the same location that they are testing all of the Hawaii cruisers (crowds)?  Thanks for more information.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Went to site.  Requires me to log in before any information.  Please explain procedure?  Is this a day or two before cruising?  Is it the same location that they are testing all of the Hawaii cruisers (crowds)?  Thanks for more information.

Yes, you must create an account, verify that account via the email you used, then go back and schedule/pay. It's testing right at the port so it makes sense to do it the day of embarkation. The downside is if you test positive, that's a tough pill to swallow being there all packed and ready to board. 

• Thanks 1

I am wondering how Princess will be dealing with (Hawaii) passengers that won't do a test 2 days prior because Princess is now requiring day of embarkation testing.  

Example:  

Current policy:  Test 2 days prior to cruise, Test before embarkation, Test at sea. (3 tests)

Those who skip test one but show up at terminal to test.  Will they be turned away?  If they test negative, will they be allowed on board?  There have been passengers who tested negative 2 days prior then tested positive day of.  

Just thinking...Not judging

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am wondering how Princess will be dealing with (Hawaii) passengers that won't do a test 2 days prior because Princess is now requiring day of embarkation testing.  

Example:  

Current policy:  Test 2 days prior to cruise, Test before embarkation, Test at sea. (3 tests)

Those who skip test one but show up at terminal to test.  Will they be turned away?  If they test negative, will they be allowed on board?  There have been passengers who tested negative 2 days prior then tested positive day of.  

Just thinking...Not judging

The letter states that at pier testing does not replace the pre cruise test. That the precruise test is still required.

That said no one checked the precruise test results.

So one might skip it at their own peril, because just because they did not check our paperwork does not mean that they will not check it for the next departure.

It also might be why they did not send the letter out notifying us about the test at the port until the evening before.

Edited by smbt1
  • Thanks 1

I'm interested in hearing how this works too.  I just went to the Optum site to order tests for our cruise next month and they are out of stock until January 25th.  If we can't get those tests delivered in time then the testing at the pier will be a real possibility.  I know how to make the appointment for the on site testing as that's on the Princess website but I'm just curious how it's gone for people who have reserved that test.

47 minutes ago, smbt1 said:

The letter states that at pier testing does not replace the pre cruise test. That the precruise test is still required.

That said no one checked the precruise test results.

So one might skip it at their own peril, because just because they did not check our paperwork does not mean that they will not check it for the next departure.

It also might be why they did not send the letter out notifying us about the test at the port until the evening before.

Also note these protocols are changing constantly 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I'm interested in hearing how this works too.  I just went to the Optum site to order tests for our cruise next month and they are out of stock until January 25th.  If we can't get those tests delivered in time then the testing at the pier will be a real possibility.  I know how to make the appointment for the on site testing as that's on the Princess website but I'm just curious how it's gone for people who have reserved that test.

I am shocked to hear OPTUM is out of stock.  I ordered my set on Saturday and they arrived on Tuesday.  Wow....Sigh of relief.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am shocked to hear OPTUM is out of stock.  I ordered my set on Saturday and they arrived on Tuesday.  Wow....Sigh of relief.

Timing is everything!  Fingers crossed they are right about the date they will have them again and that this is just a temporary situation.

Just now, azbirdmom said:

Timing is everything!  Fingers crossed they are right about the date they will have them again and that this is just a temporary situation.

Hope you will get yours.  According to my insurance company, It is not reimbursable (school, employment, pleasure).

• Like 1