Anyone familiar with aft Apex porthole Veranda? Any Quirks?

ATLfuzzy

I was intrigued by the more traditional porthole verandas on Apex.  I ended up booking an aft one on 8 , specifically 8306.  I’ve searched but don’t see this cabin mentioned anywhere.  Has anyone had this cabin before?  Hoping no window washing platforms around or quirky obstructions.  None were mentioned on the description.   Thanks for any input.  

Edited by ATLfuzzy
Typo

• ATLfuzzy changed the title to Anyone familiar with aft Apex porthole Veranda? Any Quirks?
3 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

It was an unhelpful friend, nor was searching the forums.  The bulk of the commentary is about the ample of forward cabins.   

I had a forward one booked, cruise was cancelled..I’m sure they are just like the ones aft. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

We were in 7304 on the Apex in November, a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda.

It was the first cabin next to the Sunset Verandas, and was nice, although a long walk from the elevators.  We didn't mind, especially after all the eating and drinking!

There was no obstruction and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eas2225 said:

We were in 7304 on the Apex in November, a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda.

It was the first cabin next to the Sunset Verandas, and was nice, although a long walk from the elevators.  We didn't mind, especially after all the eating and drinking!

There was no obstruction and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Thanks for your informative reply (without snarkiness or telling me to google, which I have, with no luck re: Apex, only Edge).  It seemed like, from what I've gathered, the very few 1A's in the aft might me more to my liking that the forward ones (I don't want to peek at the bridge or platforms).   The only thing, like you stated, is its a long hike from elevators or staircases.  This confirmed my thoughts and I appreciate your kind input.

If the sailing happens, I will be sure to review the cabin in detail in hopes it may help someone after me.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ATLfuzzy said:

Thanks for your informative reply (without snarkiness or telling me to google, which I have, with no luck re: Apex, only Edge).  It seemed like, from what I've gathered, the very few 1A's in the aft might me more to my liking that the forward ones (I don't want to peek at the bridge or platforms).   The only thing, like you stated, is its a long hike from elevators or staircases.  This confirmed my thoughts and I appreciate your kind input.

If the sailing happens, I will be sure to review the cabin in detail in hopes it may help someone after me.

Cheers!

I have heard good things about these aft cabins, but I had to do a lot of research.  With Celebrity stating that it is 50% obstructed, I guess it wants you to be "aware" of the spider.  I prefer a Sunset Veranda or SV, but in a pinch, I would definitely try it for a short cruise and not a TA or b2b.

This 1A isn't listed as obstructed/partially obstructed on Apex, (Deluxe Veranda with Porthole) and actually was a bit more than IV at the time of booking.  I was just curious about the cabin reviews etc.  One day, I really need to do a Sunset Veranda, though.

<<I have heard good things about these aft cabins, but I had to do a lot of research.  With Celebrity stating that it is 50% obstructed, I guess it wants you to be "aware" of the spider.  I prefer a Sunset Veranda or SV, but in a pinch, I would definitely try it for a short cruise and not a TA or b2b.>>>

Edited by ATLfuzzy
  • Like 1