Celebrity Edge Tulum Excursions?

tx121

We are sailing on the Jan 30th cruise on the Celebrity Edge and was interested in seeing Tulum Mayan Ruins. Pre covid I saw that Celebrity offered this excursion but now I don't see it offered. The travel agent that I booked with has a shore excursion I can book through them but we are worried about the ferry ride to Playa del Carmen. Depending on the waves and weather.....it can disrupt our chances to make it back to the ship. 

Has anyone had experience doing this type of tour in Cozumel? Thanks for any info. 

DW and I almost never take cruise line excursions, but one of the very few exceptions was a HAL excursion to Tulum. The ferry ride back was VERY rough, and it wouldn't have taken much more to cancel the crossing, but as the ferry was a HAL charter for all of its excursions on the mainland, we really weren't worried. I'm sure that the excursion that your TA offers is very reliable, but this is just one of those times when I'd err on the side of caution.

• Like 2

We did this a couple of years ago.  Busses were late getting back and much too late for scheduled ferry ride. Then having to wait more than hour for another ferry.  Luckily we were on Celebrity  tour and ship waited a couple of hours.  We were last to get onboard and they pulled drawbridge under our feet before sailing away into the dark.  I would not want to go through such a nerve wrecking experience with an independent tour.

We did this tour many years ago with NCL.  We loved seeing the ruins at Tulum, but the trip involves not just a ferry ride but also a long bus ride (and the same in reverse).  Given the distance and the fact that two different modes of transportation are involved (with all the potential for delay each presents), this is one of those excursions I’d prefer to take through the cruise line.