Rare UK Amex offer

ziggyuk

Used this a few days ago, got the 'You just used your Norwegian Cruise Line offer' email from Amex a few minutes later, so looks like it worked OK.
I was lucky - I was going to pay the final balance on our cruise the day before, forgot, and then noticed this in my offers the next day. If I'd remembered to pay the day before and then seen the offer, it'd have been really annoying!
Only had £530 left to pay on the cruise as well, so only just qualified!

• Like 1

I've got this offer on my card, and it's also on my husband's supp card.

We just booked the other day. Bit annoying that you can only pay the deposit, or pay in full when you book. Also the same once you've booked, no option to make a partial payment online.

Figured we'd try one of us phoning and making a £500 partial payment and see if it worked (offer says it's for online payments). Struck lucky, as husband got an email from Amex almost straight away saying the offer has been used.

I'll do the same on my card in a couple of days.

£200 off our cruise is not to be sniffed at. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I've got this offer on my card, and it's also on my husband's supp card.

We just booked the other day. Bit annoying that you can only pay the deposit, or pay in full when you book. Also the same once you've booked, no option to make a partial payment online.

Figured we'd try one of us phoning and making a £500 partial payment and see if it worked (offer says it's for online payments). Struck lucky, as husband got an email from Amex almost straight away saying the offer has been used.

I'll do the same on my card in a couple of days.

£200 off our cruise is not to be sniffed at. 🙂

Good to know, we were going to split out final payment 2 ways online but if that does not work it's good to know we can both do through out PCC.

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

So annoying that it’s only £50 deposit to book….

It is, but as I mentioned a couple of posts up, ringing up and paying £500 also triggers the offer. All the details show up the same on the Amex card, and we had an email about 5 minutes after paying to say we'd triggered the offer. Will be doing the same with the other card.

I really don't understand why here in the UK, we can't do a partial payment online though. Can with other cruise lines. It's really annoying.

7 hours ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

It is, but as I mentioned a couple of posts up, ringing up and paying £500 also triggers the offer. All the details show up the same on the Amex card, and we had an email about 5 minutes after paying to say we'd triggered the offer. Will be doing the same with the other card.

I really don't understand why here in the UK, we can't do a partial payment online though. Can with other cruise lines. It's really annoying.

Not just the uk, same nonsense on the eu site. I think it’s the currency conversions that mess it up. I can’t even use a cruise next voucher to pay a deposit or make a payment through the online portal.

at one stage there was a box you could type in an amount other than the default deposit or full payment but it seemed to treat the amount you input as $ and then couldn’t handle the conversion to the euro amount.