Which night is Formal night on 5 Night Cruise?

smh071

1 minute ago, smh071 said:

We are sailing on the Regal Princess Jan. 31. It is a 5 night Cruise. Princess says that there is a Formal Night but not what night. Does anyone know which night is Formal Night on a 5 Night Cruise?

As a general rule...formal night is on a sea day. We have a 5 night Cabo cruise booked, so only 2 sea days. First day after leaving LA and the last day before returning to LA. So, like (for us & maybe for you) that first sea day would be it.

If they wait until the last sea day, passengers are usually already packing. Not a good plan for the last sea day.

If you look at the activities in the Journey View section of the app you will find either “casual fun portraits” or “formal portraits” listed for each evening. That will let you know which night is scheduled to be formal night

• Like 1

I am not sure how Formal it really is, but I will not have a tie either. I am on Vacation and I don't do ties on Vacation (unless my wife tells me to). I will wear a collared shirt though, probably a button-down.

4 hours ago, sloopsailor said:

How formal is formal night? I'm retired and the last time I put on a tie was for a funeral. I am not keen on dressing as if I am going to a funeral just to have dinner. 🙃

It's only what people want to make of it. Dress down if you like or wear a Tux. What ever makes you happy. 

Just don't wear shorts & sneakers to dinner. 😆

At least on formal nights. 😁