Just completed Brilliance, felt very safe with RCI.

Rickster

Was on Odyssey Jan 15th.  I can't say protocols were well thought out.  Mainly-  can't sit at the pool bar outside in the open air- all chairs had signs on them- but could take your drink back and sit directly next to your neighbor in the lounger.  Better yet-  can't sit at the open air pool bar, but go down to the Promenade, and could sit at the bar at the pub inside- (Crown & Compass).    Sorry- theatre only.  

On 1/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, brillohead said:

On 1/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, brillohead said:

One thing I've noticed is that the bigger/newer ships seem to get the cream of the crop employees, and the smaller/older ships get the second stringers (or even third stringers)....

...My waiter on Allure was FANTABULOUS, and he has already been earmarked for Wonder when she sails out of Florida.  My other waiters have been animated, conversational, and competent (other than Jewel)....

We also had a waiter that was going to go to the Wonder from Oasis. He was also very good and attentive. It will be very interesting to see how the service is on the Wonder.

18 hours ago, blonde375 said:

Hi Rickster,

We are considering Brilliance for a quick weekend at the end of March.  Can you give us your opinion on the condition of the ship, staterooms, etc.?  Sadly, we haven't been on a cruise since Dec 2015 on the Indy.

Thanks!!

I was onboard earlier this month (after having been on Oasis, Harmony, Freedom, Adventure, Mariner, and Indy) since cruises resumed in June. 

I thought the staterooms were actually in good condition (our group had two balconies and an OV). The ship is going in for drydock this spring after leaving Tampa and it shows (mostly needing a fresh exterior coat of paint, some windows and lights need replacing, etc). She definitely could use some TLC compared to the other ships we were on this year, however, its a beautiful ship and we enjoyed it. I will be returning in early March. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I was onboard earlier this month (after having been on Oasis, Harmony, Freedom, Adventure, Mariner, and Indy) since cruises resumed in June. 

I thought the staterooms were actually in good condition (our group had two balconies and an OV). The ship is going in for drydock this spring after leaving Tampa and it shows (mostly needing a fresh exterior coat of paint, some windows and lights need replacing, etc). She definitely could use some TLC compared to the other ships we were on this year, however, its a beautiful ship and we enjoyed it. I will be returning in early March. 

Thank you for posting as I will be boarding this Thursday.  Always loved Brilliance and understood she's an older lady but did wonder about cabin conditions so am glad to hear a positive review.  Do you recall if cabin tv's were on-demand?

Also, were all bars and venues open during your sailing, especially those with close quarters such as Chef's Table and the movie theatre?  Always enjoyed Chef's Table on Brilliance with it's dedicated space and who doesn't love watching a movie at sea 😊

1 hour ago, red919 said:

Thank you for posting as I will be boarding this Thursday.  Always loved Brilliance and understood she's an older lady but did wonder about cabin conditions so am glad to hear a positive review.  Do you recall if cabin tv's were on-demand?

Also, were all bars and venues open during your sailing, especially those with close quarters such as Chef's Table and the movie theatre?  Always enjoyed Chef's Table on Brilliance with it's dedicated space and who doesn't love watching a movie at sea 😊

We were on the January 27 sailing.  Both the cinema and Chef's Table were open - we did not do either so can't otherwise comment.

We were in a JS.  The room was in good condition, just some minor cosmetic issues such as tarnishing along the bottom of the mirrors in the bathroom.  Frankly, I was surprised we didn't notice more issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, blonde375 said:

Hi Rickster,

We are considering Brilliance for a quick weekend at the end of March.  Can you give us your opinion on the condition of the ship, staterooms, etc.?  Sadly, we haven't been on a cruise since Dec 2015 on the Indy.

Thanks!!

I think the ship was in very good shape (considering the Brilliance sat idle for around 18 months).  Nothing that would keep us from sailing on her again.  Have fun.