Hal ideas

Ray4Fun

2 hours ago, Ray4Fun said:

I find it interesting you mostly say Crew is what you love. To me, that is probably the best comments I could ask for.

an example of how HAL crew cares---On our first HAL sailing, DW discovered some clothes including what she intended to wear for formal night had become very wrinkled. She sent out laundry, and reported some missing. (It was not missing, she just did not notice that some pieces of clothing were hanging up.) Not only our steward showed up, but several of them did expressing their concern. We were impressed by their genuine feelings of concern for her.

Without ever having set sail on HAL, here's what I like:  the size of the ship.  The idea of sailing on anything with over 3,000 pax is the stuff of my nightmares.  The Pinnacle class ships sounds like the perfect compromise between amenities and cattle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Great crew, good food, pleasant environment and the ability to go to Mass onboard.

Your first three points, I can easily support.  But, your fourth point?  As a Protestant, the elimination of a non-denominational service with a properly qualified cleric is a negative for me.  OK with me if the cleric is a Priest, I have attended a couple of services in the past led by the Priest that were much better than one Protestant cleric that was on a Prinsendam Holiday Cruise.

On 1/27/2022 at 6:10 PM, dawei said:

Jim--My first time on a Pinnacle class ship occurred last week. The Rotterdam is a beautiful ship! What I noticed in her library was the absence of history, biography and reference sections. And the non-fiction cubby was so small, I thought it was a joke.

By displaying multiple copies of the same but limited titles, I felt someone other than me was trying to select my reading choices.

Unlike you, I have no background in the book business. These are just my impressions.

Examples of good shipboard libraries on HAL, in my view,  is the library on the Volendam and on the former Prinsendam.

David

Hi, David,

I did not look at the mix of nonfiction titles. I was comparing the look, size and depth of libraries that I had seen on previous ships. I think that the "buyers" who select the titles are influenced by the publishers or wholesalers with whom they work on title selection.

Jim