Skjolden, Norway

We are taking the Carnival Pride cruise on June 10, 2022. I'd like to learn what are the interesting things to see and do at each port and suggestions for excursions. Since everyone is different, we can just give information here for people to easily gather. (Yes, I'm doing this for all of the ports. I thought that's easier than one thread for all of the ports, since each cruise has its own ports.)

Renee 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/16/2022 at 10:41 PM, socalcyn said:

We'll be on the 7/1 Pride cruise. In Skjolden, I'd love to see Urnes Stave Church, but haven't found an easy way to get to it. 

Were you able to find a tour operator to get to Urnes? Struggling with what to do in this port!

We just walked around, which we really enjoyed. Plenty of different directions you can go and see different things, the llama farm, views of the fjord, waterfalls etc etc....... but can't help with excursions, sorry. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, cotomom said:

Were you able to find a tour operator to get to Urnes? Struggling with what to do in this port!

When we were there last August we did a tour with Adventure Tours Norway (this is the same company the cruise ships use for several of their offerings in Skolden).   This tour included the RIB boat & a nice hike to the Urnes Stave Church, plus a guided tour of the church.

It was wonderful.

RIB Adventure to UNESCO Urnes stave church - Adventure Tours

Mary