Refund from pre-cruise planner purchase, how long does it take?

7 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I just canceled a pre-cruise planner dinning package, wondering how long it takes for the credit to hit my credit card typically?

What has been your experience?

For the dinning package I cancelled recently it look about 2 weeks for the credit to show back up on my credit card.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I just canceled a pre-cruise planner dinning package, wondering how long it takes for the credit to hit my credit card typically?

What has been your experience?

I cancelled a shore excursion and had my credit one week later.

Keep looking out for it and call if you don't see it within 2 weeks. 

My former TA cancelled my Med cruise without my direction. I only found out by logging into the Cruise Planner which showed no cruises booked. I had already purchased $1500 in shoreex during the Labour Day sale. 

I called Royal right away to see if this could be reversed but was told it was too late and a refund was already in progress... that refunds begin processing immediately upon a cancellation.

After three weeks and several assurances that it was processed on their end and to check with my credit card (which I did) a third phone call revealed that due to a processing error, the refund had not been issued correctly. After 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a rep, this was fixed and it then took a further 9 business days before it finally showed up.

So keep checking... and bite the bullet and call to investigate if you don't see it in short order. 

Good luck! 

This may be not be common but after 50 days waiting. My travel agent contacted Royal and they said it was "being held in penalty in error." Royal said it could take up to 30 additional days but we received it in 7. So just stay on top of it.