Suite Concierge Question

So I won my royal up from OV balcony to a grand suite. When I get the email from the suite concierge will he/she be able to reserve show's for us or do I still have to wait until I am onboard to make reservations?  I am trying to figure out what information I need to have ready when I get that email.  I know I need to figure out reservations for dinner but wasn't sure about their ability to take care of the reservations for comedians, Aqua show, etc. at the same time or if I need to just handle that once onboard.

This is my first time on Royal and my first time in a suite in general so I'm trying to get it all figured out.  We are sailing on Oasis in just a couple of weeks so trying to learn as much as I can in that short time. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

i was told to contact them once we're on board, and they'll make the show reservations.  they were able to make all of our dining requests in advance, and took our stateroom request to housekeeping. have a blast!

Just off Navigator and the first night we walked into the SL the concierge booked the shows for us as he was for everyone that came in.

You will get a email from concierge about 5 days before cruise. We always book grand suites or above , I was extremely disappointed that there on no reserved seats for aqua show, ice show etc , all my pre Covid cruises grand suite had them. Concierge can book the comedy show or any other show and you can show up 45 mins early to get a good seat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, George C said:

You will get a email from concierge about 5 days before cruise. We always book grand suites or above , I was extremely disappointed that there on no reserved seats for aqua show, ice show etc , all my pre Covid cruises grand suite had them. Concierge can book the comedy show or any other show and you can show up 45 mins early to get a good seat.

Do they still have a separate area for GS & above in ice show?  Never been to aquatheater; does that have a separate area for GS & above too?

3 minutes ago, cruz_happy said:

Do they still have a separate area for GS & above in ice show?  Never been to aquatheater; does that have a separate area for GS & above too?

Pre Covid they had reserved area for suites, but no more hopefully they will have them again next n the future , only reserved seats are for star class , high end suites , grand , owner suites and others no longer have this perk , which was previously included, aqua show is great try to see it.

• Like 1

The ice show and aqua show are the two I have that I definitely want to see. Other than that we will stick with whatever musicians are playing in the various bars and around the ship. My husband and I really enjoy the comedians and the piano bar on Carnival so hoping there is something similar on our upcoming cruise on Oasis.  We will definitely check out the comedians as least once.

58 minutes ago, nessachelle said:

The ice show and aqua show are the two I have that I definitely want to see. Other than that we will stick with whatever musicians are playing in the various bars and around the ship. My husband and I really enjoy the comedians and the piano bar on Carnival so hoping there is something similar on our upcoming cruise on Oasis.  We will definitely check out the comedians as least once.

Ice show is repeated several times, aqua show sometimes gets canceled due weather. Loads of music on oasis , piano bar called schooners, pub with a guitar player, Latin band  in a club, love the jazz club with a jazz combo , plus various music in Central Park.

• Like 1

First time on RC and you're in a suite?  Trust the voice of experience here, you'll never want anything but going forward. 

Really, when the Concierge sends their intro e-mail the week prior, the only requests we make are to see if housekeeping can remove the mini-bar items from the fridge, a departure night reservation for Chops, and a Pedicure appointment for DW on a day that'd otherwise be spent wandering around waiting for the room to open and the luggage to arrive.

Basically, stuff that probably can't wait until we're aboard to arrange and/or stuff tough to arrange on the first day.

Otherwise, they're exceptional at making things happen. Can't speak for shows as we don't much do them but for dining reservations, even at the request of "how about ASAP?" I've never heard anything other than "Go right on down, they're expecting you."

Have a GREAT time!!

Edited by MichaelCMTX
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

First time on RC and you're in a suite?  Trust the voice of experience here, you'll never want anything but going forward. 

Really, when the Concierge sends their intro e-mail the week prior, the only requests we make are to see if housekeeping can remove the mini-bar items from the fridge, a departure night reservation for Chops, and a Pedicure appointment for DW on a day that'd otherwise be spent wandering around waiting for the room to open and the luggage to arrive.

Basically, stuff that probably can't wait until we're aboard to arrange and/or stuff tough to arrange on the first day.

Otherwise, they're exceptional at making things happen. Can't speak for shows as we don't much do them but for dining reservations, even at the request of "how about ASAP?" I've never heard anything other than "Go right on down, they're expecting you."

Have a GREAT time!!

There is no need to request the mini bar items be removed....They have automatically been doing this for quite sometime.

• Like 1