Guests Who Cruised Celebrity in Europe Summer/Fall 2021

We are booked for the Transatlantic October 31, 2022 on Reflection embarking in Barcelona and need some guidance regarding entry from the U.S. into Spain. We have read the literature from Spain Travel Health and we know about completing the Health Form and the documentation required with regard to vaccinations. We are wondering if those who traveled this past summer on ship can share any additional information. We recognize that this is still an ever-changing situation and things could be different from what information we read today.

In all the information we have read, that was updated within the last few days, there seems to be no mention of requirement of a negative Covid 19 test prior to entering Spain from the U.S. for vaccinated people. Any information or assistance on where to find information is appreciated. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We are booked for the Transatlantic October 31, 2022 on Reflection embarking in Barcelona and need some guidance regarding entry from the U.S. into Spain. We have read the literature from Spain Travel Health and we know about completing the Health Form and the documentation required with regard to vaccinations. We are wondering if those who traveled this past summer on ship can share any additional information. We recognize that this is still an ever-changing situation and things could be different from what information we read today.

In all the information we have read, that was updated within the last few days, there seems to be no mention of requirement of a negative Covid 19 test prior to entering Spain from the U.S. for vaccinated people. Any information or assistance on where to find information is appreciated. Thanks.

https://es.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/#:~:text=Requirements for Spain-,Effective February 1%2C 2022%2C U.S. citizens can travel from the,9 months)%2C prior to arrival

9 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I know what may be today will not necessarily be the same in October. I am just looking for insight in to what others had to do when they went on the Apex when cruising began this past summer in Europe. 

see post #2

52 minutes ago, Cruising is my passion said:

I know what may be today will not necessarily be the same in October. I am just looking for insight in to what others had to do when they went on the Apex when cruising began this past summer in Europe. 

We're booked on the Apex for September leaving from Amsterdam/British Isles and back to Amsterdam.  Wondering how Amsterdam handles US/Amsterdam/UK/Amsterdam/US with Covid vaxes and testing.  So many unanswered questions.  Hoping virus is under control by then.  

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

see post #2

That link is literally from the U.S. Embassy in Spain and gives the latest and MOST ACCURATE information for Americans to enter Spain. Whatever anybody did last summer is irrelevant. 

26 minutes ago, nikel said:

The way it looks now, they are requesting no vaccine further out than 9 months.  Most of us have had our booster between Oct and Dec.  If you are going on a fall TA, I wonder what will happen.?

My sense is if there isn't approval for a 4th booster shot, which at this point seems highly unlikely that a 2nd booster shot will be required, the timeline for the booster shots will have to change.

• Like 1

Beginning February 1, all those entering Spain will need to show proof of acceptable vaccination. The full course of vaccination must be completed. In addition, your full course of vaccination must have been completed within 270 days of your arrival in Spain. If your vaccination took place more than 270 days before your arrival in Spain, then you must receive a booster shot that is within the 270 day window.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We will be sailing with you, but concur that history, and even current rules, probably won't mean much that far out.

We plan to arrive several days early to show the 'kids' Barcelona, and don't even know what will be needed for pre-boarding testing by then or if we will have to arrange something in Barcelona.  Not sweating it until MUCH closer to sail date.

3 hours ago, Cruising is my passion said:

We received our booster the end of September 2021. So that is beyond the 270 day limit. My assumption was always that we would probably need something additional. Before anyone starts clamoring...we are well aware that things can and probably will change between now and then.

From the website it appears the 270 day limit is for the original vaccination.  After that date a booster is required.

Effective February 1, 2022, U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain on non-essential travel (such as tourism) if they show proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received the last required dose of their COVID-19 vaccine no less than 14 days, and no more than 270 days (9 months)prior to arrival in Spain.  If more than 270 days (9 months) have passed since receiving the last required dose of their COVID-19 vaccine, U.S. citizens must show proof of having received a booster shot at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain.