GTY, Barcode and Changing Cabin Assignment

melbur

4 hours ago, melbur said:

My GTY assignment is showing on my sail pass in the barcode only. Has anyone had success in getting the Royal agent to see what you see and change cabin location? 

Very unlikely since I'm pretty sure they see the same thing you are seeing - officially, the cabin is still listed as GTY.

In the next few weeks, capacity should still be low enough that you'll still have places to move once the cabin assignment is official.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

IF you have a set sail pass, there is a button to add it to your apple wallet.  There you can see all the numbers on the bar code with the last 4 or 5 digits being your room number.  

The OP already has the cabin number, but until that is official, RCI is unlikely to entertain any cabin moves.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely since I'm pretty sure they see the same thing you are seeing - officially, the cabin is still listed as GTY.

In the next few weeks, capacity should still be low enough that you'll still have places to move once the cabin assignment is official.

I agree, the agent won’t be putting the set sail pass into Apple Wallet, so won’t see the hidden code.  Furthermore, even if somehow the agent did manage to see it, as the assignment is not yet official in the system, the agent would not be able to change the cabin number (officially there is no number to swap).  I’m afraid you will have to wait until the assignment is official to swap cabins.