Question about itinerary changes

Priorgirl

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but when would Carnival advise passengers that their itinerary for their cruise is changing? Our family is set to sail on the Horizon on March 13th. When did passengers from past cruises get notified? 
On the FB roll call board ppl have been posting that the Horizon is not going to the ports advertised and other ports are showing the ships arrival there. 
I really don’t care either way. I just want the ship to sail with me on it!!! 

Guest BasicSailor

I have received a few itinerary changes before we cruised. With that said, most itinerary changes are after you board the ship.

It will likely be much closer to your sailing date before you are notified.  Many islands are on a day-to-day basis as to whether they are allowing cruise ships in.  Also, Carnival will want to wait as long as possible just in case those that are "closed" open up.  If they are making schedule changes in advance, they will have to search for another port with space for them.  Only once everything is firmed up would they notify you.

• Like 2

It'll be a week or two before the cruise in all likelihood, depending on the port.  Some things like Grand Cayman you can already predict.  Keep an eye on what 'your' itinerary is doing the cruise or two before the one you sail on.  That's a good clue.

• Like 1