New Grounds Coffee Package

philv

On 11/12/2022 at 7:52 PM, Ombud said:

Yes .... I could in April .... traded minibar for it June & August. More recent cruisers have stated that there are changes since August 2022 that the minibar is traded for only 1 coffee pkg. 

Adding: suggest you ask on a LIVE FROM thread so someone on it this month can check for you 

Maybe if you’re solo?  We just traded our mini bar for 2 coffee pkgs in Nov/Dec.

If you are looking at getting a coffee package, something to keep in mind. Back when you had a punch card, you got 15 specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffees as long as  you had a remaining punch. Since it went digital, the amount of specialty coffees that you get (and thus the price of the package) varies and is dependent on the length of the cruise.  I cannot tell you the numbers, but I do know that it is no longer a set amount.

23 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

If you are looking at getting a coffee package, something to keep in mind. Back when you had a punch card, you got 15 specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffees as long as  you had a remaining punch. Since it went digital, the amount of specialty coffees that you get (and thus the price of the package) varies and is dependent on the length of the cruise.  I cannot tell you the numbers, but I do know that it is no longer a set amount.

We had coffee packages on the Grand over Christmas, there was no mention of different prices or amounts of drinks, it was the same 15 specialty coffees we have always had in the past. We still got free specialty tea after we had used up our packages as well.

41 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

Never heard of that. According to the princess website, coffee card is 15 specialty and unlimited brewed coffee and tea.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmalino said:

On the Royal in December, we bought coffee packages and each had 15...no matter the price, or the size.

I found that the new system is actually better for us coffee card users.  Last Princess cruise in 2019 we bought 2 cards, and I'd go down to get a couple of morning coffees and would get a dirty look from the guy when I wanted 2.  After I made it clear that there was no reason for my wife to have to walk down there every morning, he backed off and was fine about it. But when that person was off, it again became a hassle.

Now with the medallion, it never was an issue...they knew instantly we had coffee cards, and no dirty looks for 2 brewed coffees, which don't count against the number.  Then one morning we discovered it was actually faster to just order via room service...they often showed up within 5 minutes, and it was much easier than me carrying 2 coffees back, especially if I added a couple of snacks to go with it.

We Cruised this July on the Carr. P.  I got the coffee "card" but the Barista's almost never marked a purchase.  Yes, I know reg. coffees are unlimited.  I really don't recall how many I got, but let's just say, more than my share.  Since it was a 2 week cruise, this worked out great!

9 hours ago, mjmalino said:

Not true.  We have been on cruises from 7-28 days since the restart.  It still IS 15 per coffee package, not dependent on cruise length.  We buy the package so we will have enough for our total cruise.  For the 28 night cruise, I bought 2 packages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not true.  We have been on cruises from 7-28 days since the restart.  It still IS 15 per coffee package, not dependent on cruise length.  We buy the package so we will have enough for our total cruise.  For the 28 night cruise, I bought 2 packages.

Well, this is what the website says:

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

5 minutes ago, mjmalino said:

Well, this is what the website says:

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

That is under full terms and conditions, but never had anything other than the 15 specialty coffees/teas on my package or card in previous years.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I wonder if that is just old Information or possibly relates to some other foreign port embarkation.  

Again….inconsistencies.

If we buy a New Grounds Coffee Package....Can we order a specialty coffee on the app while we are in our room (not using room service, but using the app) and will they deliver it there? 

If the Coffee Package is good for only 15 Coffee Beverages (unlike the unlimited Beverage/Drink Package), would it be okay if he ordered 2 coffees at a time (one would be for me) on our 7 night cruise? I hate to get 2 Coffee packages because half of it would be unused for each of us, as we only drink 1 coffee a day.

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

If we buy a New Grounds Coffee Package....Can we order a specialty coffee on the app while we are in our room (not using room service, but using the app) and will they deliver it there? 

If the Coffee Package is good for only 15 Coffee Beverages (unlike the unlimited Beverage/Drink Package), would it be okay if he ordered 2 coffees at a time (one would be for me) on our 7 night cruise? I hate to get 2 Coffee packages because half of it would be unused for each of us, as we only drink 1 coffee a day.

One can order as many as they want.. up to 15.  At least it was for us in July.  It's the regular coffee that is limited to only one at a time.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, jerrie limbie said:

Hello. Can you use the New Grounds Coffee package to order espresso or latte in the MDR at dinner with dessert?  Thanks 

Exact same question I had.  Other question: are gratuities/service fees added to the purchase of the coffee card?  Seriously looking at adding a card for each of us to our upcoming cruise.  We love anything coffee - or tea!!!  🙂 I think it would be a good deal for us, as we don't care to drink alcohol. Would much rather have coffee!  This thread has lots of good info!!

20 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Exact same question I had.  Other question: are gratuities/service fees added to the purchase of the coffee card?  Seriously looking at adding a card for each of us to our upcoming cruise.  We love anything coffee - or tea!!!  🙂 I think it would be a good deal for us, as we don't care to drink alcohol. Would much rather have coffee!  This thread has lots of good info!!

Yes, it includes the 18% gratuities on the coffee package.

• Thanks 1

I'm still a little confused...

The mention of "as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate."

I think I read a post here that said you can only get one complementary brewed coffee or hot chocolate at a time?

Isn't brewed coffee and hot chocolate complementary to everyone?

Or is it because it comes from a different location and is it better than the buffet or room service brewed coffee and hot chocolate?

Also, will they deliver the Specialty Coffee's in the New Grounds Package to our room if we order on the app and that's where we are when they deliver it? 

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, llarsen said:

I'm still a little confused...

The mention of "as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate."

I think I read a post here that said you can only get one complementary brewed coffee or hot chocolate at a time?

Isn't brewed coffee and hot chocolate complementary to everyone?

Or is it because it comes from a different location and is it better than the buffet or room service brewed coffee and hot chocolate?

Also, will they deliver the Specialty Coffee's in the New Grounds Package to our room if we order on the app and that's where we are when they deliver it? 

Thanks!

Yup, you're only supposed to get 1 non-specialty beverage per trip, but there's noting saying you can't go through the line again immediately.  

Yes, the coffee, tea and hot chocolate are brewed instead of syrup that's included.  

And yes, they will deliver the specialty drinks to your room.  But not the unlimited 'free' brewed beverages.  You'll end up with the same stuff you'd get in the buffet.  

• Thanks 2

On 1/27/2022 at 12:35 PM, nini said:

If you LOVE coffee and possibly want to have WiFi, then you might consider the Princess Plus. When you add up beverage purchases (coffee and about everything else), Crew Incentives, and WiFi; it is a great deal. ($40.00 per day)

Princess Plus is now $60 a day.

093477BB-1B18-4F54-9CDE-B15D9756805F.png

On 1/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, spingal said:

Princess Plus is now $60 a day.

093477BB-1B18-4F54-9CDE-B15D9756805F.png

Yes, when I wrote this it was the $40.00 per day. At least with the increase, items have been added. At least they raised the drink price limit.

• 1 month later...

Had the Grounds Coffee Package 2 weeks ago on Ruby - absolutely loved it!!!  We will definitely purchase again.  Our cabin was also just steps from the International Cafe, so that was an extra bonus! I loved one of the specialy teas so much that I've just ordered a box of it online.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Had the Grounds Coffee Package 2 weeks ago on Ruby - absolutely loved it!!!  We will definitely purchase again.  Our cabin was also just steps from the International Cafe, so that was an extra bonus! I loved one of the specialy teas so much that I've just ordered a box of it online.  

What was the tea you loved? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

We don’t know if that package is still in effect or if the price has increased and it is just not shown on the cruise personalizer under onboard services >beverage packages.

Waiting for those OB as of Feb 20th to report back.   

• Thanks 1