Stateroom 7000 or 7001 on Oceania Regatta

zoniewoman

Has anyone ever stayed in either of these rooms?  We are booked in 7000 next July. It is an A2 Concierge Veranda and is on the bow of the ship.  Just wondering how it compares to the  other A1’s and A2’s on the port & starboard sides of the ship, which is where we always stay.  Would appreciate any feedback as we are considering the waitlist for a port side. Thank you 

On 1/27/2022 at 3:34 PM, zoniewoman said:

Has anyone ever stayed in either of these rooms?  We are booked in 7000 next July. It is an A2 Concierge Veranda and is on the bow of the ship.  Just wondering how it compares to the  other A1’s and A2’s on the port & starboard sides of the ship, which is where we always stay.  Would appreciate any feedback as we are considering the waitlist for a port side. Thank you 

wind tunnel...   underway the ship generates a 30mph  wind + whatever the regular wind is...it  can be pretty bad....    I would not want those cabins because of that.    

Never had a problem with far-forward cabins for motion......  on R or O class ships.   

After  many years at sea on a variety of  things from sail-,,navy ships , cruise vessels    I never found it to be a problem in all that time...   ( on ships all the officers quarters and Sr positions are all about as far forward as possible and the crew aft. !!!!)

My observation is that  most of the folks who get sick, convince themselves long before getting on board that they will have a problem....    A positive mind is a strong allay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

My observation is that  most of the folks who get sick, convince themselves long before getting on board that they will have a problem....    A positive mind is a strong allay 

Horsefeathers! JMO. 

PS How wonderfully normal it feels for me to disagree with you on this Oceania board. And (a bit belated) welcome back, Dan!

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Horsefeathers! JMO. 

PS How wonderfully normal it feels for me to disagree with you on this Oceania board. And (a bit belated) welcome back, Dan!

Your free to disagree....    Just my observation.    ,,,    just my experience.   I have seen people start getting sick watching them single up the mooring lines at the pier     Too, I have seen people on "deaths door step" so to speak stagger down the gangway and withing 2 or 3 steps...everything goes away..... The mind is a powerful tool

Thanks for the welcome , your pretty alright your self.............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the 7000 & 7001 cabin information. Have not travelled in these cabins, do prefer forward cabins, and haven’t been seasick (yet…), so booked 7000 when it was the only balcony cabin available on an upcoming cruise. As other cabins have become available for this adventure, I have debated changing but with this information, have decided to keep 7000. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Thanks for the 7000 & 7001 cabin information. Have not travelled in these cabins, do prefer forward cabins, and haven’t been seasick (yet…), so booked 7000 when it was the only balcony cabin available on an upcoming cruise. As other cabins have become available for this adventure, I have debated changing but with this information, have decided to keep 7000. Thanks!

Have a great  trip.....   a day at sea is better than not.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:41 AM, Norseh2o said:

Please update us on this thread when you have taken the cruise. It will be really interesting to get your feedback on the cabin.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Your free to disagree....    Just my observation.    ,,,    just my experience.   I have seen people start getting sick watching them single up the mooring lines at the pier     Too, I have seen people on "deaths door step" so to speak stagger down the gangway and withing 2 or 3 steps...everything goes away..... The mind is a powerful tool

Thanks for the welcome , your pretty alright your self.............

Hey, Dan, a gentle reminder that Horatio Lord Nelson, one of the greatest naval commanders in history, suffered his entire life from chronic seasickness. 

PS Thank  you for your service.

• Like 1

When someone has questions about the Oceania R ships I always direct them to the Azamara boards as Uktog has very kindly started a spreadsheet with tips. Apart from a few handicapped cabins the ships are identical.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=445677

happy planning

Rosalyn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

When someone has questions about the Oceania R ships I always direct them to the Azamara boards as Uktog has very kindly started a spreadsheet with tips. Apart from a few handicapped cabins the ships are identical.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=445677 272.89 kB · 2,236 downloads

happy planning

Rosalyn

Also deck 8 is very different:  Azamara has fewer PH-type suites, and I believe the noisy venues on deck 9 are different between the two cruise lines.  This is important because many deck 8 cabins will have overhead noise issues which vary depending on what activity is above you.