Does everyone in cabin have to arrive at the same time?

Sten0127

In the past, I would usually arrive as early as possible to check in and enjoy the ship and my husband would arrive later in the day to check in because he's a teacher and didn't want to miss school on departure day.  We have an upcoming cruise on February 10 on the Miracle out of Long Beach and it says on the paperwork that everyone in the cabin has to check in at the same time.  Just wondering if that is a new guideline, or if it's still possible to check in at different times?  I have already reserved check in from 11:00-11:30.

Thank you!

I know that Carnival is the only cruise line that 'asks' this of their passengers.  Honestly, with the new check-in system, I am not sure it matters any more if you check-in at different times.

I would, though, encourage you to do as much of your online check-in as possible.  You might consider using your credit card (under your name) as the 'financially responsible party for both you and your husband.  Since you are married, I am guessing that that is not problem.

I think Carnival mostly did this to ensure that every person on the cruise was either financially responsible for themselves, or that someone accepted financial responsibility for them.  It's something that you don't find on other cruise lines.

After re-reading my answer, I think I need to add caveats.  My answer was specifically for @Sten0127an adult who was being joined in the same cabin by another adult. 

In another situation, if the 18 & 19 yr old children tried to check-in before their parents, they may be stopped and asked to wait until their parents arrived (because people that young can't cruise without an adult - exceptions for young military members and young married couples).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I know that Carnival is the only cruise line that 'asks' this of their passengers. 

Carnival is not the only cruise line that has this requirement.

Our boarding passes for our Celebrity Cruise departing on 2/14 has the same statement in capitol letters on our boarding passes.

I attribute this change to the requirement that all members of a traveling party must present negative Covid tests before boarding the ship or be turned away at the pier.

It prevents those who have a member of their party who has tested positive just being a "no show" while the rest of the party who have been exposed board the ship.

I didn't respond to this question earlier because I thought I knew the answer but wasn't 100% certain.  

I'm cruising in a few days and right there in plain sight in the "Check In Summary" is this:  (Notice the word "MUST" as opposed to "is encouraged to".)

REMINDER!

To expedite check-in and minimize waiting, all guests must board together during the selected arrival appointment window.

• Like 1