Bella vs fantastica

missync

I've never been on MSC before so this will be my first time.  This isn't my first cruise overall, just first with MSC.   I've tried searching this but not really having any luck getting the answers I'm looking for which probably means I'm not searching very well but I'm going to ask anyways.

What is the "real" difference between Bella vs Fantastic experience?  We are booked on the Divina this June (3rd times the charm...thanks covid).   I already have a bella balcony cabin booked.  From what I can see on MSC website, the big difference that's important to me seems to be choosing your dining time in the main dining room.  Is there anything else noteworthy that would make it worth the money?  I don't care about room service either way so that's no biggie.  I should also mention that I'm not interested in drinks packages and photos.   If I don't upgrade, am I stuck with whatever dining time they give me or can I change it?  

Thank you all!  Fingers crossed covid stays away!

I was just on the Meraviglia and chose Fantastica primarily because I could choose my room location and dinner time preference (and it was only $ 20 more for the week). The only real benefit ended up being I did get the cabin I chose. Since they had less than 600 passengers onboard, the dining rooms were all open seating any time between 6:00 and 8:30 pm.

• Like 1

I did the Fantastica Balcony on a 13 day  cruise.... the choice of cabin & room service for breakfast(I'm not at my best in the morning - so coffee & .... on the balcony is wonderful).  I really dont care for guaranty staterooms because I want a midship cabin away from pools & entertainment & di.ning venues

I did have my dining  room & time changed when I went to the Matre'd on the first day - no problem.

If you are picky on your location or want a particular room Fantasica is the way to go. Bella is now a guaranteed room so you won't know until 1-3 weeks before sailing. We also enjoy breakfast service to our cabin on days where we port later on in the morning. It's nice to have coffee on the balcony. 😊 It's my quiet time. Choice on dinner time. 

The actual cabin I don't think it's a different size. 

Edited by Reenie75

2 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

If you are picky on your location or want a particular room Fantasica is the way to go. Bella is now a guaranteed room so you won't know until 1-3 weeks before sailing. We also enjoy breakfast service to our cabin on days where we port later on in the morning. It's nice to have coffee on the balcony. 😊 It's my quiet time. Choice on dinner time. 

The actual cabin I don't think it's a different size. 

Was the room service coffee as good as the rest of the ship? I understand MSC coffee is generally really good... If not, I'm getting my morning medicine somewhere else!!

@missny I really really doubt MSC will get rid of their 48 hour cruise move policy but I do believe there is some value to the advertised perk of fantastica of a cruise move, in the unlikely event ya'll have to cancel last minute in June and MSC has gotten rid of the 48 hour cruise move.  As you've already experienced three times, it is so easy to move!  I believe some of MSC's European cruises are already at free cruise move 15 days prior and not 48 hours prior--so that future change for US based cruises may not be too unrealistic to consider in choosing bella or fantastica

Edited by FrostyJoe

I believe the biggest difference between Bella Balcony and a Fantastica Balcony is the balcony itself. The Bella Balcony has a metal half wall vs. the Fatastica Balcony that has a glass wall you can through.  That being said, I booked a Bella Balcony last October and was upgraded to a Fantastica when they changed the room I had chosen.  You may get lucky where the ships aren't very full.

Edited by slk1000

19 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Was the room service coffee as good as the rest of the ship? I understand MSC coffee is generally really good... If not, I'm getting my morning medicine somewhere else!!

@missny I really really doubt MSC will get rid of their 48 hour cruise move policy but I do believe there is some value to the advertised perk of fantastica of a cruise move, in the unlikely event ya'll have to cancel last minute in June and MSC has gotten rid of the 48 hour cruise move.  As you've already experienced three times, it is so easy to move!  I believe some of MSC's European cruises are already at free cruise move 15 days prior and not 48 hours prior--so that future change for US based cruises may not be too unrealistic to consider in choosing bella or fantastica

I dont know how you like your coffee - but they did bring an insulated carafe of HOT coffee along w whatever else you needed(sugar, cream) w many choices...I usually had fresh melon, a banana,a couple of croissants.  I was sailing solo & I ordered for 2 as the servings were European & I'm a New Yorker.

They were prompt in delivery, very nice & having breakfast on the balcony wonderful( you could order eggs etc).

The room steward would clean up when he came in to tidy the room.

I did tip extra to  the steward/ stewardess that brought the tray each morning.

4 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

I dont know how you like your coffee - but they did bring an insulated carafe of HOT coffee along w whatever else you needed(sugar, cream) w many choices...I usually had fresh melon, a banana,a couple of croissants.  I was sailing solo & I ordered for 2 as the servings were European & I'm a New Yorker.

They were prompt in delivery, very nice & having breakfast on the balcony wonderful( you could order eggs etc).

The room steward would clean up when he came in to tidy the room.

I did tip extra to  the steward/ stewardess that brought the tray each morning.

Sweet thank you. I take  coffee as medicine but my wife will certainly appreciate waking up to good coffee. I just know what I don’t like which is that acidic tasting coffee that Chick-fil-A coffee tastes like to me. I’m not sure what type of coffee that is. 

does fantastica experience lets you order the eggs for breakfast free of additional charge also?  We are planning to sail Aurea but I believe it has same fee structure as fantastica (free delivery, some free items some charge items). I know pizza has a charge but I’m hearing mixed comments about eggs 

Edited by FrostyJoe

No eggs available for breakfast in the cabin service. 

At least on the Virtuosa the Aurea restaurant had no better menu than the MDR, exactly the same. So only advantage is My Choice Dining. But because of Covid only Aurea had access to spa, no option to buy spa passes for Bella and Fantastica. 

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

No eggs available for breakfast in the cabin service. 

At least on the Virtuosa the Aurea restaurant had no better menu than the MDR, exactly the same. So only advantage is My Choice Dining. But because of Covid only Aurea had access to spa, no option to buy spa passes for Bella and Fantastica. 

Thanks!  This just means my medicine will be taken with some food and I’ll need real breakfast Afterwards 😅. AKA gluttony 🙊

15 hours ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

sorry  the coffee was very good - i like a medium roast(not a Starbucks fan) & HOT!!!!

Sorry, don't agree. Thought the RS coffee was horrible. It was totally worth it to me to throw on a baseball cap.and light jacket and go down to the on deck 6 for "one cappuccino to stay" and "one to go" 🙂 The espresso based drinks are excellent throughout the ship.

Edited by Morgsmom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Sorry, don't agree. Thought the RS coffee was horrible. It was totally worth it to me to throw on a baseball cap.and light jacket and go down to the on deck 6 for "one cappuccino to stay" and "one to go" 🙂 The espresso based drinks are excellent throughout the ship.

Noooooooo please don't start coffee war!!!  As long as it's not acidic and it has that roasted smell + dark color----fine by me!!  I think my wife likes the darker kind - but not not starbucks level...  I remember reading that lighter roasts have more active ingredient (caffeine) somewhere..

What's on deck 6?  Is that the specialty coffee place? And is it included on easy+?

20 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Noooooooo please don't start coffee war!!!  As long as it's not acidic and it has that roasted smell + dark color----fine by me!!  I think my wife likes the darker kind - but not not starbucks level...  I remember reading that lighter roasts have more active ingredient (caffeine) somewhere..

What's on deck 6?  Is that the specialty coffee place? And is it included on easy+?

The best way is to order room service the first nite(for delivery in the morning - just put card on door)  & try it....

As far as the espresso drinks- I was replying to  regular coffee - espresso is something I don't do - sounds like Morgsmom is  over caffeinated already!!!  typical florida!!!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Thanks!  This just means my medicine will be taken with some food and I’ll need real breakfast Afterwards 😅. AKA gluttony 🙊

My educated guess is that 99% of the pax who enjoy the cabin breakfast on their balcony afterwards move to the buffet restaurant for their real breakfast 🙂

• Haha 2

If I don't have my heart set on a particular cabin, I book Bella.  Part of the reason is that if the price drops after final payment I can change to Fantastica - its an upgrade so they'll do it without hassle and give me any additional overpayment as OBC.  I am Bella on my upcoming cruise and was able to choose my dining time online.