• 4 weeks later...

One of the problems I find (I have CSR) is you don't receive a full policy with your name on it, which is what travel providers that require travel insurance require.  All we have is a book of benefits. Also CSR does not have explicitly address COVID 19 at all.

• 1 month later...

@iamtrustworthy 

Hi! I have a similar question. We use Chase Sapphire to book cruises, although we often put our air travel on our Delta Amex. We have two US based medical plans - BCBS through an employer plus Tricare Select (retiree). We don’t have serious medical issues and haven’t had major health changes in the last months (although medication changes do occur at times, type or doses).

For the rest of 2022 we have 3 cruises (one beginning in 2 weeks) and a driving trip to FL; in 2023 we expect to have 3 cruises plus a week independently in Mexico. We want to be covered, but don’t wish to duplicate coverage. 

What I don’t know is (a) whether we have significant/important gaps in coverage (including whether the insurance from sapphire is not covering our air fares since that portion of the travel and possibly others isn’t being charged to that card) and (b) would an annual policy save us money.