Flight arrives in CPH at 6:45 am; hotel options?

craig01020

Our flight from US will arrive in Copenhagen at 6:45 am. I'm thinking of paying for the extra night so we can go to our room upon arrival. Has anyone done this, and and do you have a hotel recommendation for a couple of days before our cruise?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm always arranging early check-in at hotels when arriving very early - some time at a cost - other times for free.

I'm contacting the hotel in advance for the arrangement. I'm normally using Marriott hotels when available.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't suggest going to your room on arrival, even if you have one available. It is better to be out in the air and wandering around a bit. Leave your luggage at the hotel, and go out and take a canal cruise, wander around, maybe see a museum, and try to stay awake until early evening. Otherwise your inner timetable will be completely out of whack.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I wouldn't suggest going to your room on arrival, even if you have one available. It is better to be out in the air and wandering around a bit. Leave your luggage at the hotel, and go out and take a canal cruise, wander around, maybe see a museum, and try to stay awake until early evening. Otherwise your inner timetable will be completely out of whack.

I understand that. I've arrived early in Europe before so I also know that I will get zero sleep on the plane and getting to the hotel at 7:30 in the morning is way too early to go wandering around. I'm planning on getting to the room and setting the alarm for a 2-hour nap. Then get up at 9:30-10:00, have some brunch and spend the day exploring.