Onboard Pricing for Specialties

sakigemcam

Hello - In the past we've always pre-booked dining packages but have seen mention of restaurants offering enticements, ie, discounts onboard. Can you please share your experiences with this - were the discounts better than pre-cruise discounted package offers?

Thank you!

Onboard discounts typically available are a 30% discount the first night of the cruise.  There is often also a 20% coupon for Sushi on 5 if you attend their sushi making demonstration.  Other discounts really depend on how the restaurants are booking.  On longer (>7 days) non-prime time cruises I've seen discounts offered of 20-30%, even up to a 2 for 1 on the last night.

However, if you have a special event and need a particular restaurant on a specific day or time, it would be better to book ahead.  Discount availability can be hit or miss and depends on the sailing and passenger interest in the specialties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trabeler said:

Onboard discounts typically available are a 30% discount the first night of the cruise.  There is often also a 20% coupon for Sushi on 5 if you attend their sushi making demonstration.  Other discounts really depend on how the restaurants are booking.  On longer (>7 days) non-prime time cruises I've seen discounts offered of 20-30%, even up to a 2 for 1 on the last night.

However, if you have a special event and need a particular restaurant on a specific day or time, it would be better to book ahead.  Discount availability can be hit or miss and depends on the sailing and passenger interest in the specialties.

Sushi making demo? That’s totally up our alley but we’ve never seen it offered on past cruises! Where did you notice this offering? Thank you! 

I tried booking for Tuscany for the first night but it’s only offering our regular Dining time and says it’s booked. We’re flexible so maybe I’ll have to call?

Thank you for the great info! 

On our upcoming B2B the discounted 1st night was sold out for Tuscan, Lawn Grill  and Murano  when I tried to book 4-6 weeks pre cruise.  There was a flash sale in the CP for a whopping $5 off on other nights- we didn’t book.

Onboard discounts can really vary from cruise to cruise and from restaurant to restaurant.

In our experience Murano tends to be the restaurant that offers fewer discounts. If you are flexible on time/date you are more likely to be able to get a discount. Chat on boarding to the speciality dining desk.

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

Sushi making demo? That’s totally up our alley but we’ve never seen it offered on past cruises! Where did you notice this offering? Thank you! 

I tried booking for Tuscany for the first night but it’s only offering our regular Dining time and says it’s booked. We’re flexible so maybe I’ll have to call?

The sushi demo was advertised in the daily program and on the last cruise we had one it was mid morning on the 2nd sea day.

We've never pre-booked for the specialties so can't help on who to call.  We've always played it by ear onboard.  Sometimes that means we don't do any specialty restaurants on a sailing.

• Like 1