Majestic Debark and LAX Flight questions

rad798

After 20 cruises, we have decided to try Princess. We are boarding the Majestic at San Pedro port in April and have a few questions.

Does anyone know if Majestic Princess is doing self debark in San Pedro. If so, what time can you "usually" debark.

After reading one recent live review, it seems they did not have self debark. I might of mis-read that though.

Also, we have never cruised out of California or LAX. From reading it seems to be about 30 minutes to an hour from San Pedro Port to LAX. Would most agree with this? This will be a Saturday morning so I am guessing traffic should not be too bad.

The flight times back home from LAX are 12:12 pm and 1:15 pm. Would the 12:12 flight be easy to make?

Yes, we always self-debark in San Pedro.   Did it again in December on the Majestic.  We might have walked off some time after 7:30 am.    And yes, to the earlier flight.    Anything after 12 noon is good.   Plenty of time to get to the airport on a Saturday. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think we will book the 12:12 return flight.

One other question. It seems EZ air with Princess is basically the same price of American Airlines. We are flying in a day early so being late should not be an issue.

Any pro's or con's on going with EZ air compared to direct with airlines?

I thought I saw where EZ air could not guarantee seat selection.

Anyone ever had problems with seat selection using EZ air? 

1 minute ago, rad798 said:

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I think we will book the 12:12 return flight.

One other question. It seems EZ air with Princess is basically the same price of American Airlines. We are flying in a day early so being late should not be an issue.

Any pro's or con's on going with EZ air compared to direct with airlines?

I thought I saw where EZ air could not guarantee seat selection.

Anyone ever had problems with seat selection using EZ air? 

Native So Cal gal here and trust me when I tell you LAX is a mess these days.  You'll want to give yourself a min of two hours before your flight to get through security, etc. If it were me, I'd grab that 1:00PM flight and have a leisurely breakfast and self-debark.  Worst case scenario, you get into LAX (often times there's a ton of traffic just to be dropped off) and through security without major delays and can have a light lunch/cocktail before your flight. 

Sorry, I haven't used EZ air so don't have an opinion on that. 

Welcome to our Roll Call (and to Princess- you're going to have a great week!)

• Like 1

Self-debark is quick and easy, especially with under 1000 pax. They also now have customs screening machines, which helps avoid lines—it just takes your photo. I’m through with LAX—I only use LGB now, or SNA if I’m on Alaska. I’m at LGB now, and have seen plenty of Princess bags and tags.

We just got off Majestic this morning ... left our room A440 at about 7:55 am ... walked off with our luggage ... we were on the bus to LAX by 8:15 am ... and arrived Terminal 1 at 9:05 am. This was really fast ... you may not be as lucky

We de-barked Majestic last Saturday Jan 29. We did early walkoff with our bags and even with the delay getting off, not sure why, we were scheduled for around 7:30-7:45 but didn't actually leave the ship til 8:40, in a cab by 8:45 at LAX and through security and at our gate about 9:20 for our 9:55 flight. Not sure why the debark was delayed, even moved the gangway exit from deck 7 to deck 6, was crazy and dangerous with all the walk off passengers scrambling to get down 1 deck with all their bags.  Oh well, all worked out just fine and was a great cruise.

Doug

I tend to book ez-air due to the ability to take advantage of price drops until 45 days before sailing. I have on occasion paid in full for the air before final payment if I wanted to use miles to upgrade to business. EZ-air has been really cost effective for international trips and for business class over what American charges.