Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

5 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

The superbowl Is coming!  The super bowl is coming!

25E2594C-A10B-447D-A4CC-88B1EC344AA3.jpeg

16F90E84-747E-4504-98D4-37792B45BDC3.jpeg

841C88C0-436F-4FED-BC63-F69E02E1772B.jpeg

5E77A0F7-CCA2-46C3-B248-0C00D9696245.jpeg

1CFCFA01-AA3E-47D5-B1E6-3A97F1493231.jpeg

8C578407-3CA8-4F1D-8F90-758E6AF2A743.jpeg

Super Bowl is not until next Sunday when you are getting off the ship.

Pro Bowl is today at 3pm

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Super Bowl is not until next Sunday when you are getting off the ship.

A week too early… I will repeat this post when during debarkation.

you seriously lose track of time / day while you are on the ship.  You go with the number system.  Day 1, 2, 3 etc and repeat lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MissKathy107 said:

Benny, not sure if you’re traveling with kids, but I have a 14 year old and I heard that there’s a Teen Meet on Day 1 at 7pm. Do you know if this is still going on? 

I do not see it on the daily planner but that does not mean it is not happening.  I don’t know if they cater the planner accordingly.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MissKathy107 said:

Benny, not sure if you’re traveling with kids, but I have a 14 year old and I heard that there’s a Teen Meet on Day 1 at 7pm. Do you know if this is still going on? 

This is what I see for 7PM - 8PM

88A3E95A-838A-4C19-A685-1E0D1C0863DF.png

74A61D1E-651E-419A-88B9-3447DDD27F47.png

• Thanks 1

Hi!  Thanks again for the live review last week!  I'm looking forward to this week's - as we are doing the Western Caribbean on Oasis on 3/6.  

You mentioned there's a B2B lunch in the MDR today.  I know they're supposed to be having the Key lunch on boarding (11:30 or noon?) in the MDR with the limited Chops menu.  Is that on a different deck in the MDR - or are the two lunches together? 

• Like 2

@BennyBrun.....followed along last week and signed up to follow this week as well.  FABULOUS pics and really enjoying your reviews.

Question, if you feel inclined to answer, are you retired and if so what did you do when in the workforce?

You come across as a very talented individual......and one who really enjoys cruising a lot.  Living vicariously thru you right now as we are unable to cruise since we are not vaccinated.

Thanks for such a wonderful job and taking the time to share with those of us stuck on land!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

Hi!  Thanks again for the live review last week!  I'm looking forward to this week's - as we are doing the Western Caribbean on Oasis on 3/6.  

You mentioned there's a B2B lunch in the MDR today.  I know they're supposed to be having the Key lunch on boarding (11:30 or noon?) in the MDR with the limited Chops menu.  Is that on a different deck in the MDR - or are the two lunches together? 

B2B lunch is on deck 3 and I think the key lunch is on a different deck.  It is very nice and calm.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@BennyBrun Have you gone to the Dining Rooms yet to see where your assigned table is? now is the time to get there and have it changed if you don't like the location?

Thank you!  I am actually on my time dinning.  So I go anytime from 6:45-9:00 PM.  If I don’t like it I will switch table.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you!  I am actually on my time dinning.  So I go anytime from 6:45-9:00 PM.  If I don’t like it I will switch table.

I can imagine with more people onboard, the social distancing might be much different then your prior cruise. Here is hoping it fares well for you and you don't see any disruptions.

The vibe might be a little different on this sailing.

• Like 1

Benny,

Having followed you last week, my husband and I have decided to do the Ultimate Dining Package for our cruise in June. We have never tried this before, so it will be an experience! We have never been on an Oasis class ship before either, even though we are Diamond +. Any suggestions for restaurants that you consider "must do?" 

SueB

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

Benny,

Having followed you last week, my husband and I have decided to do the Ultimate Dining Package for our cruise in June. We have never tried this before, so it will be an experience! We have never been on an Oasis class ship before either, even though we are Diamond +. Any suggestions for restaurants that you consider "must do?" 

SueB

Do you like sushi, because I'm sure that will be on the top of their list.  Izumi 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@BennyBrun.....followed along last week and signed up to follow this week as well.  FABULOUS pics and really enjoying your reviews.

Question, if you feel inclined to answer, are you retired and if so what did you do when in the workforce?

You come across as a very talented individual......and one who really enjoys cruising a lot.  Living vicariously thru you right now as we are unable to cruise since we are not vaccinated.

Thanks for such a wonderful job and taking the time to share with those of us stuck on land!

Thank you so much!  I think SNJCRUISER would have a laugh about the retirement statement.  I am many many years away from retirement.  Work for myself in sales so I can manage any where as long as I have Wi-Fi .  

I am sorry to hear that.  Hopefully this pandemic will be behind us and you will be able to get back to the cruise life!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi. I have been enjoying your posts as we wait to board the Oasis for the first time later this month. Question about the solarium: It says mask free zone, but it appears to be enclosed.  Have they changed the mask all the time rules or is the Solarium an exception to the rule? Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I can imagine with more people onboard, the social distancing might be much different then your prior cruise. Here is hoping it fares well for you and you don't see any disruptions.

The vibe might be a little different on this sailing.

I am all good!  I don’t have another test to worry about for another cruise!  But I will keep my distance 😂 

1 hour ago, panoramaofthepast said:

Benny,

SueB

Wow what an exciting experience!  You will love it!  You should try them all !!  But I would recommend 150 Park try their steak, Wonderland (not available on Oasis), Hibachi at Izumi ( $10.00 PP upcharge on dinning package), Giovanni’s or Jamie’s Italian depending on the ship and try their steak, then Chops.  Compare the steaks and let me know which one you prefer.  We liked 150 Park the best!

Of course Izumi Sushi.  Playmakers for wings and desserts and Hooked (if available) Fish and Chips!

Feel free to ask any questions about the dinning.  We did them all last week!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Hi. I have been enjoying your posts as we wait to board the Oasis for the first time later this month. Question about the solarium: It says mask free zone, but it appears to be enclosed.  Have they changed the mask all the time rules or is the Solarium an exception to the rule? Thank you! 

It’s not fully enclosed.  There are gaps between the windows on the roof so when the air is chilly it’s chilly in the Solarium as well but still warmer than the pool deck.