Live Value Cruising Review of Oasis of the Sea 2/6/22 - 2/13/22 Plenty of Pictures!

BennyBrun

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

I like the Central Park Balcony but wow this room is HUGE especially for one person!  I am loving the space!

Looks like one of the spacious ocean view cabins. I think those take up to six people. As someone who spends no time at all on the balcony I'd take the one you're in now any day! :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

It’s not fully enclosed.  There are gaps between the windows on the roof so when the air is chilly it’s chilly in the Solarium as well but still warmer than the pool deck.

Good to know. I an glad it is considered an outdoor venue. I am hoping they keep the mask requirement the same for late Feb. I think the masks are a big reason the covid numbers are down on ships. 

I was happy to see you are able to work from the ship. My husband is remote and we have been going back and forth about working or taking vacation. We want to cruise and vacation more than his vacation days allow. It has worked with condo rentals, but this would be the first time using the ships internet. How is your experience with wi-fi calling and webex/zoom type meetings on Oasis? Thank you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

Looks like one of the spacious ocean view cabins. I think those take up to six people. As someone who spends no time at all on the balcony I'd take the one you're in now any day! :classic_laugh:

This ultra spacious Oceanview room is bigger than my first studio in NYC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Good to know. I an glad it is considered an outdoor venue. I am hoping they keep the mask requirement the same for late Feb. I think the masks are a big reason the covid numbers are down on ships. 

I was happy to see you are able to work from the ship. My husband is remote and we have been going back and forth about working or taking vacation. We want to cruise and vacation more than his vacation days allow. It has worked with condo rentals, but this would be the first time using the ships internet. How is your experience with wi-fi calling and webex/zoom type meetings on Oasis? Thank you.

I love the streaming WI-FI but from 11PM to early in the morning the WIFI is opened up to hard working crew that don’t get a chance to get off the ship due to the restrictions and even though they have an Oasis Crew Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi slows down dramatically especially by midnight. I have lost connections a few times at night or buffering in my room late at night but never had an issue any other time.  Not a problem for me I just work around it by not connecting after midnight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Thank you so much!  I think SNJCRUISER would have a laugh about the retirement statement.  I am many many years away from retirement.  Work for myself in sales so I can manage any where as long as I have Wi-Fi .  

I am sorry to hear that.  Hopefully this pandemic will be behind us and you will be able to get back to the cruise life!

WOW thanks for enlightening me....you know what they say about the word "assume"....

Working for one's self is the BEST and only way to go these days.....if I were in my 20's that's the route I would take.....offers unlimited "me" time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.....and by the way RETIREMENT is WONDERFUL....been at it for 6 years now.....never been happier or healthier!  Lots of time to follow cruise reviews (ha ha)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you clarify something on the UDP for me.  Is it unlimited in the sense you can eat at two different places for lunch as example.  Say an early lunch just doing apps at chops and then a late lunch at Giovanni’s eating a full slate?   Or is it one lunch experience and in dinner experience per day?  

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

WOW thanks for enlightening me....you know what they say about the word "assume"....

Working for one's self is the BEST and only way to go these days.....if I were in my 20's that's the route I would take.....offers unlimited "me" time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.....and by the way RETIREMENT is WONDERFUL....been at it for 6 years now.....never been happier or healthier!  Lots of time to follow cruise reviews (ha ha)

Hahahah… enjoy your retirement it sounds amazing!

1 hour ago, topnole said:

Can you clarify something on the UDP for me.  Is it unlimited in the sense you can eat at two different places for lunch as example.  Say an early lunch just doing apps at chops and then a late lunch at Giovanni’s eating a full slate?   Or is it one lunch experience and in dinner experience per day?  

In theory yes you can.  In reality for lunch they operate 12-1:30.  By the time you sit down and they go through the introductions and order and eat the appetizers you are looking at 12:30-12:45.  Then you have to wait for the check to go over to another venue.  Can you do it?  Sure, is it enjoyable?  I don’t know but you will have to decide that.  We do have a nice lunch and head over to playmaker for desserts or Johnny Rockets for desserts!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I am all good!  I don’t have another test to worry about for another cruise!  But I will keep my distance 😂 

You would be asked to test again though if during the in between testing to get on the second cruise you were in close contact of those two B2B cruisers who were positive.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You would be asked to test again though if during the in between testing to get on the second cruise you were in close contact of those two B2B cruisers who were positive.

They were quarantined on the either on or before the day I went for my test because the captain made the announcement the day I tested.