Who gets the Voyager's Club points?

Stockjock

Hopefully doing a cruise this summer and my GF will likely pay for some of the cruise and I'll pay the rest.

I'm actually not far from black/diamond status.  She's pretty far from that, so it would be more beneficial for me to get as many VC points as possible.  And this is a Voyage Selection cruise, so double VC points.

In the case described, who gets VC points if she pays for some expenses and I pay for the rest?

Edited by Stockjock

6 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Each passenger gets his own points. It doesn´t matter who pays for the cruise fare. Points for onboard revenue are given to the person who´s paying for it.

steamboats

But what about pre-cruise revenue which differs from onboard revenue?

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

As Steamboats commented earlier, you will both get equal amount of points for taking the cruise. Even if you pay larger portion of the cruise fare, you will not get some of your GF points, if that's what you are asking. 

10 Cruises with MSC in various parts of the World and points have always been added to the persons club number who pays the final bill onboard. MSC have never given points divided by both club numbers hence the reason I reached Black before my other half prior to the change to Diamond!

Edited by sidari

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

The person who pays the bill for those pre-cruise items. So when you are logged into your account an purchase shore excurisons for all people in your party, you get the points.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, steamboats said:

The person who pays the bill for those pre-cruise items. So when you are logged into your account an purchase shore excurisons for all people in your party, you get the points.

steamboats

This hasn't been our experience. 

All pre booked expenses have given us equal points regardless of the person logged in or the name on the credit card. 

All onboard expenses, the points go to the person who's credit card is linked to pay the final account. 

• Like 1