Getaway March cruise out of NY

terry8551

They was no PCR requirements for any the regular Bahamas/Caribbean cruises. All you needed was an anti gen test to get on the ship. you only needed a PCR if you were traveling out of the country at the end of the cruise 

Only the Bermuda cruises required a PCR test as part of the Bermuda requirements 

6 minutes ago, terry8551 said:

Hopefully I am wrong but starting March 1st you need a PCR test 2 days before the cruise.

From https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:
At time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test (i.e. https://www.emed.com/ or BioReference's Scarlet service - BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen), within two days prior to boarding for cruises originating in a U.S. port and three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional testing.

requirements say antigen or pcr. whatever you want to take will be accepeted 

• Like 2

Pretty sure there's absolutely zero chance we'll be sailing mask-free in March. They might loosen up a bit, but they won't be gone. The big question is whether they'll extend pier-side testing. If they're going to do that, I'd think they'll have to make the announcement fairly soon. Then again, things change so rapidly it's tough to predict! My big hope is that they'll be bringing back barstools on Getaway. Unlike some of the other ships, the barstools on Getaway have been removed and/or guests aren't allowed to sit in them. Of all the covid restrictions (which I have no issue with), this one seems the oddest. And it's odd that it's only on a few of the NCL ships. 

2 hours ago, Tralfie said:

My big hope is that they'll be bringing back barstools on Getaway. Unlike some of the other ships, the barstools on Getaway have been removed and/or guests aren't allowed to sit in them. Of all the covid restrictions (which I have no issue with), this one seems the oddest. And it's odd that it's only on a few of the NCL ships. 

I'll be on the Getaway at the end of February.  What?  Zero bar stools?  Or did they reduce how many they have deployed around the bar?  The former is crazy.  The latter is annoying, but can be dealt with...

3 hours ago, Tralfie said:

Pretty sure there's absolutely zero chance we'll be sailing mask-free in March. They might loosen up a bit, but they won't be gone. The big question is whether they'll extend pier-side testing. If they're going to do that, I'd think they'll have to make the announcement fairly soon. Then again, things change so rapidly it's tough to predict! My big hope is that they'll be bringing back barstools on Getaway. Unlike some of the other ships, the barstools on Getaway have been removed and/or guests aren't allowed to sit in them. Of all the covid restrictions (which I have no issue with), this one seems the oddest. And it's odd that it's only on a few of the NCL ships. 

Thats not good, I have a bad Back and cannot stand for long periods, maybe I should reserve a scooter and have Boss Lady sit on my lap at the bar😉........relax people, not stealing a scooter, just joking

• Like 1

The Getaway has bar stools and no social distancing requirements. The mask wearing indoors was not fully enforced either on my sailing, hence the ship was pulled out of service. Her first week back in service and she's back under CDC investigation again. Something is definitely off with the ship.

As for the requirements, that'll be interesting to see if NCL pivots to do it yourself testing only or still tests at the pier for the cruise. Things are still fluid but until the case counts go down on that particular ship, I would say you'd better be comfortable wearing masks indoors at least.

I spoke with a rep at NCL today 2/7/22; who called me back with verification, that tests must be done by third party registered testing facilities and NOT HOME testing or NO CALL IN TESTING for TransAtlantics.  And as of TODAY NCL procedures - (that could change ) MASKS will be ENFORCED and Testing will NOT be done at pier - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO BRING RESULTS WITH YOU or you will not get on ship.

9 am tomorrow (2/8).

expect an announcement from NCL on updates to the "sail safe health and safety program," testing protocols and masks for march and april cruises. they will also likely formerly announce that kids under 5 can travel unvaccinated.

38 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

No more mask mandates for sailings beginning March 1st. 

Yep and it is now on the sail safe page: https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

For cruises with embarkation dates beginning March 1, 2022:

Our cruises will operate with 100% vaccination of crew and guests age five and over, therefore face coverings are not required while onboard. However, we recognize the added protections provided when wearing a mask covering and recommend that all guests do so onboard when indoors, except when actively eating or drinking, or seated at a table in a dining setting, or when in their stateroom. Mask coverings are also recommended outdoors when physical distancing of at least six (6) feet cannot be maintained. The decision to wear a mask covering when onboard is at the discretion of each guest.

17 hours ago, Gen X Life said:

I spoke with a rep at NCL today 2/7/22; who called me back with verification, that tests must be done by third party registered testing facilities and NOT HOME testing or NO CALL IN TESTING for TransAtlantics.  And as of TODAY NCL procedures - (that could change ) MASKS will be ENFORCED and Testing will NOT be done at pier - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO BRING RESULTS WITH YOU or you will not get on ship.

For Caribbean cruises, you may do a proctored at home rapid test or go somewhere like CVS for a rapid. You may not use a regular at home test. The NCL website even gives you the name of a website to buy them from: emed.com

2 hours ago, Trina Moo said:

For Caribbean cruises, you may do a proctored at home rapid test or go somewhere like CVS for a rapid. You may not use a regular at home test. The NCL website even gives you the name of a website to buy them from: emed.com

Emed and NCL must have cut a deal. Emed on RCCL cruises will sell you a 3-pack of tests. Emed for NCL sells you a 5-pack for $150 (of which your insurance company is compelled to reimburse you $60). 

On 2/8/2022 at 5:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

Emed and NCL must have cut a deal. Emed on RCCL cruises will sell you a 3-pack of tests. Emed for NCL sells you a 5-pack for $150 (of which your insurance company is compelled to reimburse you $60). 

You can also get two-packs through Carnival's website. I've gotten them from there several times for various reasons. 

And by the way, lemme be the first to admit I was wrong in saying we'd be wearing masks for a long time, now that the mandate has been lifted. Although frankly, I'll still be wearing one anytime I think it's tight quarters. I'm of the "better safe than sorry" school, having watched two of my favorite people in the world get sick as dogs from Covid. (Not serious enough to be hospitalized or anything, just like a severe flu that they're struggling to bounce back from,e specially from an energy perspective).

I'll admit that the combination of dropping the mask mandate and allowing unvaccinated kids on board has me nervous as a virgin at an orgy, but this is my first time in the Haven and I'll be darnd if I[m backing out now!

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 5:07 PM, BirdTravels said:

You can also just buy them on emed no need to go through the cruise line.  I’ve ordered direct from them a couple times now.