Covid test from a Doctor

beachfanatic

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

Where the test was administered, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test

Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)

A specimen collection date 2 days or less before cruise departure

Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number

A negative test result using words or phrases including:

Negative

Undetectable

SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected

SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected

COVID-19 not detected

Not reactive

Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

What about the five home tests that the government just sent us?  Are those acceptable? 

The ones I received from the government did not have the medically supervised (sometimes referred to as proctored) component, so they do not meet the Princess requirement.  The test kit you use, although it may be labeled for home use, has to have a tele-med component that you can access via the internet to receive your results in time.  I was unable to find any kit where you mailed the test to a laboratory that would provide the results back in time to meet the 2 day Princess requirement.  The Princess website doesn't give you brand names of test kits that meet their retirement, because they don't want to appear to favor any particular brand.  That said, test kits that meet their requirements were difficult for me to find.  They were out of stock just about everywhere I looked.  I live in Alaska where we have limited national drugstore chains.  I found these kits -- which specifically say they include the Telehealth component --  for $69.99 plus $20 shipping to AK from a website called the Optum Store.  I received an email that they shipped the kits to me the same day I ordered them.  You may be able to find kits for less money, but be careful searching the internet because every search I did included kits that DON'T have the telehealth component.  It was easy to get confused!

Name of test kit:  Abbott Binax NOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMED Telehealth Services for Travel - 2pack.  I don't know if website links work on this message board, but there it is in case:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

I hope this information is helpful!