Questions Regarding Suite Perks and Priority Boarding

chrislaurn

A few questions:  First, are they still doing priority boarding for suites given the COVID restrictions?  If yes, will that be reflected when we check in?  Also, our children are in an interior cabin across the hall.  If there is priority check-in, will there be any issue with them checking in with us or will we have to wait until their check-in time?  (Our children are minors, not adults.) 

Finally, do you get a priority line at guest services?  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

I can only speak for myself.

Whenever I have special perks, but I travel with someone who does not have those perks,,, I forego my advantages and stay with those who do not have or have not earned the special privileges. That goes for airport check-in, TSA pre-check, Airport lounge access, or boarding a ship.

Yes, there is a priority line at Guest Services.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, chrislaurn said:

A few questions:  First, are they still doing priority boarding for suites given the COVID restrictions?  If yes, will that be reflected when we check in?  Also, our children are in an interior cabin across the hall.  If there is priority check-in, will there be any issue with them checking in with us or will we have to wait until their check-in time?  (Our children are minors, not adults.) 

Finally, do you get a priority line at guest services?  I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

I can data point some of that...

I've been in a suite on the Breeze, the Mardi Gras, and the Radiance in the past 6 months. In all cases, I got an earlier "choose your check in" time.  In all three cases, I chose the earliest option.

• At Port of Galveston there was a separate line for me to go through to get checked in at the port.
  • At Port Canaveral, there was an entirely different processing path from initial docs check to security.
  • At Port of Long Beach, there was no such separated line at the port for checkin, and I waited outside under a partial roof/shelter area (in light rain / mist) until the lines were allowed to enter the building.

In all three of those cases, suites were called as the first boarding group, before all other boarding groups. 

At Port Canaveral, I watched a pair of couples approach during suite boarding. They were clearly traveling together and told the person they were family. They were all allowed past that point (and presumably to board). 

There is another thing you didn't ask about...  And that is room availability. While the suite will be available at boarding time, the interior room you mentioned across the hall will likely not be. So even if boarding early their experience may be different from yours initially (no S&S card available yet, have to drop their bags in your room rather than their own, etc.).  

As added above, you do have a priority line at GS.

Obviously YEMV.

Edited by Brkintx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

I can only speak for myself.

Whenever I have special perks, but I travel with someone who does not have those perks,,, I forego my advantages and stay with those who do not have or have not earned the special privileges. 

If traveling with minor children I find it perfectly fine to have them board with the parents/suite. Not so with adult children or traveling companions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

If traveling with minor children I find it perfectly fine to have them board with the parents/suite. Not so with adult children or traveling companions.  

That's my feeling as well.  It's not like they can board without us, but I certainly won't make a fuss if it's not allowed.

4 hours ago, Brkintx said:

There is another thing you didn't ask about...  And that is room availability. While the suite will be available at boarding time, the interior room you mentioned across the hall will likely not b

Thanks; I didn’t think that suite rooms were available at boarding, so that is good to know for my upcoming trip.  Also, is there a lounge at the Port Canaveral for suites in case we have to wait before boarding?

11 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Thanks; I didn’t think that suite rooms were available at boarding, so that is good to know for my upcoming trip.  Also, is there a lounge at the Port Canaveral for suites in case we have to wait before boarding?

Great question, I’m sorry I don’t know. My total time from front door to stepping on board in October was 16 minutes, and I never stopped to look. 

• Like 1

Not to hijack this thread, but we booked a suite quite last minute and the earliest check-in time we could get is 12:30.  How strictly is that enforced for suite guests?  Prior to Covid I always looked at it as a guideline and got o the port between 10:30 and 11:00.  We're on the Mardi Gras out of PC for reference.