CruiseNext Haven Certificate and CruiseNext Certificate

GA Dave

I know there are probably plenty of threads on here about CN certs, but I did not want to get lost in the clutter.  I currently have a $500 CN Haven cert and a regular $250 CN cert that my wife and I bought back in Sept. 2018 on the Getaway.  My wife passed away in Sept. 2020, and I recently received an email from NCL saying they are extending the expiration on these certs to 12/31/2022.  Since the cruise restart last summer, I have sailed twice on MSC in the YC and once on RCCL in an Owner's Suite as a solo.  The deals I received were outstanding.  In the meantime, I have been looking for a similar cruise on NCL so I could use these certs and nothing is even close in price to MSC.  I am kind of limited on time off due to my job and was looking at 3- or 4-day weekend cruises out of FL.  The only thing I could find on NCL for September was a cruise on NCL Sky in a balcony.  Even if I used the entire $750 in certs on that cruise, it is still a few dollars more than doing a solo Yacht Club Deluxe Suite on MSC Divina.

So, obviously, I am trying to find out how I can sell the CN certs.  I would be willing to sell them at a drastic price cut at this point since I do not see myself using them and have pretty much written them off in my mind.  If anyone can tell me how/where I could sell them, I would appreciate the information.

I recently (within the past two weeks) purchased one from eBay. If you go this route, please note that the seller called the day after I purchased to get the transfer. It took 2 weeks before it got to my Latitudes account page. The number of transfer requests far outnumber the staff they have to do the transfers

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2022 at 8:40 AM, mitghmbe said:

the seller called the day after I purchased to get the transfer

CruiseNext's office has been apparently indefinitely closed for phone calls. I'm waiting on a transfer to me that was requested by e-mail so it will take some time. 

Search for  "NCL Cruise Next Certificate buy sell". It's well moderated and gives information on how to go about the process. The discounted ones sell quickly, since most people try to sell them for what they originally paid. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:25 PM, GA Dave said:

I know there are probably plenty of threads on here about CN certs, but I did not want to get lost in the clutter.  I currently have a $500 CN Haven cert and a regular $250 CN cert that my wife and I bought back in Sept. 2018 on the Getaway.  My wife passed away in Sept. 2020, and I recently received an email from NCL saying they are extending the expiration on these certs to 12/31/2022.  Since the cruise restart last summer, I have sailed twice on MSC in the YC and once on RCCL in an Owner's Suite as a solo.  The deals I received were outstanding.  In the meantime, I have been looking for a similar cruise on NCL so I could use these certs and nothing is even close in price to MSC.  I am kind of limited on time off due to my job and was looking at 3- or 4-day weekend cruises out of FL.  The only thing I could find on NCL for September was a cruise on NCL Sky in a balcony.  Even if I used the entire $750 in certs on that cruise, it is still a few dollars more than doing a solo Yacht Club Deluxe Suite on MSC Divina.

So, obviously, I am trying to find out how I can sell the CN certs.  I would be willing to sell them at a drastic price cut at this point since I do not see myself using them and have pretty much written them off in my mind.  If anyone can tell me how/where I could sell them, I would appreciate the information.

See the fifth post on NCL forum.

• Like 1

I'm sorry about the passing of your wife.  If you haven't already disposed of your CruiseNext Certificates check your account on your My NCL.

I had two CN certificates that were going to expire Dec 31, 2022 after being extended earlier this year.

Yesterday status changed to show Expires On and Sail By dates of 10/4/2024.  My other CruiseNexts were also extended and one expires in 2025 and one in 2026.  It was a very nice Happy Valentines one day early present from NCL and I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked for next year and have my cruisenext certificates applied to it.  I am excited to hear that the certificates have been extended but as they have been applied I can't see them any longer (they were purchased in January 2020 so I think they qualify for the extension). Does anyone know how to check. As we have a couple of unvaccinated in our group, we have to keep pushing out our cruise in the hopes that they will eventually be allowed to sail and it would be a great relief to me to to know that we have more time.