What is the best way to get a last minute price from Ponant.

flyers

Is it best, price wise, to deal through an agent or would Ponant be better though their 'quote request' on the internet. I was wondering if they  entertain  last minute requests .....subject of course to their COVID protocols.Anyone have any experience dealing with them on this?

On 2/12/2022 at 7:51 AM, flyers said:

Is it best, price wise, to deal through an agent or would Ponant be better though their 'quote request' on the internet. I was wondering if they  entertain  last minute requests .....subject of course to their COVID protocols.Anyone have any experience dealing with them on this?

Flyers, Ponant have a price policy where they offer 30% off the earlier you book, this is reduced as cabins are sold by 5% each time another proportion of cabins are sold, until it’s down to 0%.
Ive never seen a sale to sell off cabins.

They do have a discount for first cruise, I also received a 5% discount for attending an online presentation but that’s about it.

First/second and only cruises (B2B) were from one of the prominent "last minute" cruise liquidators (with no "cruise" or anything ship-like in its name).  That (either 47 or 53% off) was before final payment and not since repeated.  So cheap I could not get the normal 2nd cruise free offer (agent tried).

A lot of the cruise lines would not lower their price beyond a certain threshold so that they do not dilute their perceived and advertised market value. Even if in theory they could. Especially in the luxury segment. Also when they lower or offer last minute price they are aware that they will create significant dissatisfaction / questions / appeasement requests from the other customers who booked earlier at higher price point - which would defeat the point of trying to fill in last minute space. 

Ponant as noted seems to be offering their best deals early on in the booking cycle. Also - when combined with the new customer discount, Christmas discount, referral discount, no single supplement etc etc it can add up to a very significant % lower.

From my experience and what I know from Ponant so far I do not think there is any (or rarely there is) benefit to be had from last minute.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 12.41.36 PM.png