Apex sailing in April- Favorite things in Puerto Rico and St Kitts?

luv2ndhalf

Following because we will be on the same itinerary (Apex, April 23rd sailing) and having never been to St. Kitts I am curious what the best/most interesting attractions are.

As for Puerto Rico, I personally enjoy spending time exploring Old San Juan.  The rainforest is also a good experience if you enjoy nature.

• Like 1

Been in St Kitts numerous times. The train excursion is really excellent, part of the old sugar cane route.  My other favorite on our own is taxi to Reggae Beach. A little further out so far fewer cruisers. Great beach, drinks and the best Mahi-Mahi sandwich.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, luv2ndhalf said:

We are late 50’s and usually take private excursions or just go on our own- Suggestions on what to see at these ports? Beach day passes? Good restaurants? Thanks!

Remember that you will be getting into Old San Juan around 3:30 pm.  We like to walk to one of the Forts at the top of the hill.  There has been free transportation if there are mobility issues.  If you are a National Parks Pass, that will allow free admission to the Forts.  Great views from them.

As for St Kitts, I have enjoyed the snorkel and beach excursion.  

• Like 1