The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

51 minutes ago, dhjson said:

Hi @Sthrngary, so sorry to post on your topic but it's the only way I can think to contact you. I am trying to get in contact with you via email about my problem with my obstructed haven balcony. I just wanted to confirm your email since CC deleted it on my thread. It is your CC username (AT) aol (DOT) com correct? I sent an email but not sure if it went through as I got a bounce back email. Thanks again!

@dhjson Diane, I got it and I sent you a reply.  I hope it assists you.  You can communicate with me by doing a reply to my email sent.  Best of luck, I know you will have your issue resolved quickly.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

1 hour ago, mearsfansinboise said:

RE: American Diner free for lunch until 3pm or something like that on embarkation day. It's free except for the milkshakes. Are the milkshakes good/big/worth it?

Yes, I am sailing in the Haven and asking about something that only costs $5 - lol

Several folks have said it's the best milkshake they've ever had.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

RE: American Diner free for lunch until 3pm or something like that on embarkation day. It's free except for the milkshakes. Are the milkshakes good/big/worth it?

Yes, I am sailing in the Haven and asking about something that only costs $5 - lol

The milk shake is awesome.  The food is not to my taste however I did enjoy the "Blue Plate Special" which was Roast Beef, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans and bread.  Since it is complementary to Haven Guest, worth a try.  In the future, I will simply go to the Haven Restaurant for lunch instead.  Remember food and opinions on food are all very subjective to the specific person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

The milk shake is awesome.  The food is not to my taste however I did enjoy the "Blue Plate Special" which was Roast Beef, Mashed Potato's, Green Beans and bread.  Since it is complementary to Haven Guest, worth a try.  In the future, I will simply go to the Haven Restaurant for lunch instead.  Remember food and opinions on food are all very subjective to the specific person.

Excellent!

Last time we went straight to the Haven restaurant (per your recommendation) because I didn't know about the American Diner.  So, yes, complimentary, we'll give it a shot this time and then next we'll decide which spot to hit up first.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Excellent!

Last time we went straight to the Haven restaurant (per your recommendation) because I didn't know about the American Diner.  So, yes, complimentary, we'll give it a shot this time and then next we'll decide which spot to hit up first.

Have a GREAT cruise.  Allow all of us to live through your experiences.  

• Thanks 1

I like this thread as it helps manage expectations.  

We have a number of early morning excursions and I was wondering if we ask the butler to bring us coffee in the morning, are they also able to bring to go cups, so we can take our coffee on the run?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jkbec101 said:

We have a number of early morning excursions and I was wondering if we ask the butler to bring us coffee in the morning, are they also able to bring to go cups, so we can take our coffee on the run?  

I'm sure they could get you to go cups....very simple and easy request

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jkbec101 said:

Thank you for the kind words.  I am the Author.  Remember, you can order from the Haven Restaurant for your room service (served by the butler) if they are open.  Depending on the ship, the Haven Horizon Observation Lounge has coffee (Starbucks machine complementary) and lite breakfast.  Please try the Almond Danish.  It is ONLY in the Haven and it is to die for.  

• Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Homeport5 said:

Checking in - how did the Haven compare to the MSC Yacht Club?  Wish there were more comparison's available.  Celebrity Royal Suite vs Haven etc.

Well, let's get it out of the way and say we like the Yacht Club better.  That is not to say The Haven wasn't lovely!  Our preference is purely personal.  We had the most amazing cabin... it was HUGE because it was accessible and our amazing concierge Dilip went out of his way to make certain our stay was all it could be.  Out butler Jojit was also wonderful.  However, we found the lounge area to be small/cramped and have been spoiled by the views from the YC lounges.  One bartender and one wait person and truly, that is all that was needed.  We weren't fans of the enclosed pool area particularly and the sun deck was packed so we didn't spend much time up there.  The food in the restaurant was very good and presented beautifully but the lack of variety made us very happy we had the specialty dining package to use 3 nights.  Would we stay in The Haven again?  Possibly if we got a fantastic deal.  Would we stay in the YC again?  Always.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, phissy said:

NCL charges corkage Fees.

When we sailed in May on Encore to Alaska, we brought wine onboard.

After security check in, taken over to table to have corkage fee assigned to room account and label sticker attached to bottles.
I jokingly asked if fees are waived for Haven guests…..NO.

Another interesting thing , NCL person registering the wine checked out the wine to see if it was not available onboard. 
Since our wines were “Kirkland “ wines, I knew they would be Ok to bring onboard.  😉

Screenshot_20220830_213411.thumb.jpg.8a0a9db6604cb418597d1bf75b9522b6.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, mmooreark said:

On our cruise to Alaska on the Encore in June, the butler offered to bring us cans of soda to our regular Haven Courtyard suite.  He just asked what we liked when we came back from the bar with a soda for my son, then filled our fridge with Pepsi and Root Beer cans, along with the iced tea and water pitchers that we asked for.  It's interesting that it appears that is uncommon, as I was hoping for that on the next cruise in November.  I guess I'll expect nothing and be surprised if it happens.  

Feb cruise irr joy haven every can was full price + tip. 

• Thanks 1

Little maybe off topic. (please don't respond on haven thread).  Gotta decide by Monday. 

Don't want to sidetrack This awesome thread. (thanks Gary!) 

Trying to do back to back ncl Sky port of Miami in at 7 amish.  Then board Prima port Canaveral by 2 pm Friday dec 16.

Appreciate ne input here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2880267-port-of-miami-to-port-canaveral-fast-rental-car/#comment-63933359

Please don't respond here 🙂

Happy cruising! 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Kirk2121 said:

Little maybe off topic. (please don't respond on haven thread).  Gotta decide by Monday. 

Don't want to sidetrack This awesome thread. (thanks Gary!) 

Trying to do back to back ncl Sky port of Miami in at 7 amish.  Then board Prima port Canaveral by 2 pm Friday dec 16.

Appreciate ne input here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2880267-port-of-miami-to-port-canaveral-fast-rental-car/#comment-63933359

Please don't respond here 🙂

Happy cruising! 

Then why even post this here?  I'm confused...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks again Gary for all your helpful Haven advice have enjoyed this thread.

Now I have a question would yoh know if the Pearl Haven is the same as the Gem or anything different I would find, it has been a few years since we cruised in the DOS on the Gem. Been doing 2 BR suites with family but wanted them to experience the Haven. I know we can use the restaurant's downstairs for breakfast and lunch (loved breakfast on the Dawn & Gem). I know they will enjoy the Haven experience just want this to be special, important that it is special, making memories.

Thanks again as always for any advice/ info yoh can pass on I may have missed in this 600+  thread  😊.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pno4te said:

Well, let's get it out of the way and say we like the Yacht Club better.  That is not to say The Haven wasn't lovely!  Our preference is purely personal.  We had the most amazing cabin... it was HUGE because it was accessible and our amazing concierge Dilip went out of his way to make certain our stay was all it could be.  Out butler Jojit was also wonderful.  However, we found the lounge area to be small/cramped and have been spoiled by the views from the YC lounges.  One bartender and one wait person and truly, that is all that was needed.  We weren't fans of the enclosed pool area particularly and the sun deck was packed so we didn't spend much time up there.  The food in the restaurant was very good and presented beautifully but the lack of variety made us very happy we had the specialty dining package to use 3 nights.  Would we stay in The Haven again?  Possibly if we got a fantastic deal.  Would we stay in the YC again?  Always.

Jo was our very first butler and was so great!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks again Gary for all your helpful Haven advice have enjoyed this thread.

Now I have a question would yoh know if the Pearl Haven is the same as the Gem or anything different I would find, it has been a few years since we cruised in the DOS on the Gem. Been doing 2 BR suites with family but wanted them to experience the Haven. I know we can use the restaurant's downstairs for breakfast and lunch (loved breakfast on the Dawn & Gem). I know they will enjoy the Haven experience just want this to be special, important that it is special, making memories.

Thanks again as always for any advice/ info yoh can pass on I may have missed in this 600+  thread  😊.

@latebloomer56You are more than welcome.  I can not answer your question however I will make a comment.  I had the Pearl booked for New England and Canada a few years ago with a Two Bedroom Family villa in the Haven. It was a family vacation.  Prior, my wife and I went on the NCL Getaway, in a Haven Spa Suite.  I immediately realized I like the full Haven Experience only available on the larger NCL ships. 

We cancelled the Pearl and booked the Encore.  Due to many cancelations due to Covid, we ended up on the NCL Joy.  My opinion and only my opinion is the smaller ships with the smaller Haven are a great if the itinerary need those smaller ship to get into the ports with no tenders.  If not, the bigger ships with the full Haven Experience suite my family and I better. 

I know I went off your topic however I wanted to share my experience.  

51 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@latebloomer56You are more than welcome.  I can not answer your question however I will make a comment.  I had the Pearl booked for New England and Canada a few years ago with a Two Bedroom Family villa in the Haven. It was a family vacation.  Prior, my wife and I went on the NCL Getaway, in a Haven Spa Suite.  I immediately realized I like the full Haven Experience only available on the larger NCL ships. 

We cancelled the Pearl and booked the Encore.  Due to many cancelations due to Covid, we ended up on the NCL Joy.  My opinion and only my opinion is the smaller ships with the smaller Haven are a great if the itinerary need those smaller ship to get into the ports with no tenders.  If not, the bigger ships with the full Haven Experience suite my family and I better. 

I know I went off your topic however I wanted to share my experience.  

Thanks, we are going to Bermuda in April. Had the Joy booked this past April but had to cancel. That was in a 2 BR suite, glad that didn't work out for the Bahamas because would have been VERY disappointed no separate breakfast/lunch venue for suites on the Joy.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks, we are going to Bermuda in April. Had the Joy booked this past April but had to cancel. That was in a 2 BR suite, glad that didn't work out for the Bahamas because would have been VERY disappointed no separate breakfast/lunch venue for suites on the Joy.

The Joy has a large Haven Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. I don't know why you believe it has no separate dining venue. I think you misread something.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Homeport5 said:

Checking in - how did the Haven compare to the MSC Yacht Club?  Wish there were more comparison's available.  Celebrity Royal Suite vs Haven etc.

If this is what you are asking: We didn't particularly care for the check-in procedure but our feelings are colored by the fact that every single person getting on board had to get into the same line to go through a tent to prove "seaworthiness" as far as Covid was concerned.  Also, help with luggage was non-existent and assistance to find Haven check-in really wasn't there.  Since we were in Italy it did occur to us it was a language issue, but it should have been pretty obvious to anyone just looking at us that we needed some help:  I had 4 suitcases (3 week trip) and my husband is in a mobility scooter.  But we had to continuously ask for pointers on where to go.  Signage was not very obvious although it was in multiple languages. Once on the ship things were GREAT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

The Joy has a large Haven Restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. I don't know why you believe it has no separate dining venue. I think you misread something.

Only Haven guests are permitted in the Haven restaurant.  On the Joy it is not the same as Jewel-class ships where non-Haven suite guests dine with Haven guests.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

Only Haven guests are permitted in the Haven restaurant.  On the Joy it is not the same as Jewel-class ships where non-Haven suite guests dine with Haven guests.

Ok. I guess by 2 bedroom suite it was the inside family suite SP. I mistakenly assumed it was a H5 H6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:30 AM, cruiseny4life said:

In my experience, they'll just tell you to ask your butler when you get onboard. I'm not sure what the OP does to get actual value out of the pre-cruise concierge (I believe him), but I get no value from them at all. On both cruises, I've requested things like the pillow menu, the snacks (M&M's, gummy bears), and to have the mini fridge cleared out. 

The pre-cruise concierge response was we'll have the pillow menu waiting. For the rest, the response is ask your butler when you get onboard. Perhaps by calling you get different service? But, unless my life depends on it, I don't make phone calls, so I'll be waiting on Saturday to talk with our butler for my requests:

1. Clear out the mini fridge

2. Bring a carafe of iced tea and water

3. Bring gummy bears and peanut (only) M&M's

That's all our requests. We tried the pillow menu. It's basically the pillows on the bed, plus the butler finds a memory foam pillow which I don't like. 

Now, I'll be the first to say your experience may be better than mine. I know the OP gets wonderful pre-cruise concierge service, so I hope all you others do as well. 

Yes, indeed, it seems we’ve had very different experiences- maybe I’ve just been lucky so far - the concierge was very helpful about the fridge being empty and suggested other snacks that were that could be in our room instead - gratis.   She asked about juices and sodas as well.  She even asked if we wanted OJ and ice waiting to enjoy mimosas with the sparkling wine that is included.   She aldo spent ensuring she  had info correct about the CPAP; a day later we got info on the cpap and other items in writing.