The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

16 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Yes and robes.  If you have more than two folks in your room, ask the butler for more slippers and robes. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Anyone know if the robes are just those One Size Fits All ones?  Wife and I are a bit plus sized so anything that says that is usually made for small to midsized folks.

4 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Anyone know if the robes are just those One Size Fits All ones?  Wife and I are a bit plus sized so anything that says that is usually made for small to midsized folks.

I got this one.  I am also Pleasingly Plump, One Size Fits SOME. I am not one of those that it fits.  That is BEFOR the many Prime Rib and Lobster Tail in the Haven Restaurant.  

Cruise well and bring your own robe as I do.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I got this one.  I am also Pleasingly Plump, One Size Fits SOME. I am not one of those that it fits.  That is BEFOR the many Prime Rib and Lobster Tail in the Haven Restaurant.  

Thanks!  Years ago I took a pic of myself in one of the one size robes (think it was on Princess).  Looked like I had wrapped a medium towel around my shoulders.  😏image.thumb.png.225d3c1740bfdb6d20511759d35d5e0c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Thanks!  Years ago I took a pic of myself in one of the one size robes (think it was on Princess).  Looked like I had wrapped a medium towel around my shoulders.  😏image.thumb.png.225d3c1740bfdb6d20511759d35d5e0c.png

I think I may be slightly more girthy than you and the Haven robe fits about the same as you so expertly model above. I'm with Gary and bring my own!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I watched a TikTok yesterday.  It was people eating the most glorious foods.  I purposely watch YouTube videos of folks eating at the restaurants on cruise ships and famious resturants all over the world.  Reminds me of being on my last cruise.  The voice in the back ground of the tiktok said, "When you reach 65, stop eating rabbit food.  We are all going to die someday.  Don't die craving cheese cake." 

I am NOT trying to make fun of unhealthy eating or anyone who passed due to obesity. That is serious stuff.  I am just saying I LOVE large chunks of red meat.  I love salad also because it is an appetizer which makes you more hungry for the BEEF.  Soup to me is NEVER the main course unless it comes with a loaf of crusty freshly made bread with creamy butter.  My wife disagrees on my opinion on the placement of soup at dinner time. Deserts to me are NOT deserts.  They are an essential part of a dinner and should never be neglected. They used to say, "you always have room for Jello."  I say, "you always have room for Chocolate Cake from Cagney's."  

All my life, I feel like I have been on a perpetual diet.  As a matter of fact, I am on one right right NOW 32 days before my next cruise. For me it makes the cruise food even better. The reality is I gained lots of weight because I love to eat a lot.  I would go on diets, lose weight and slowly gain it back over time.  I know that is unhealthy but it is also on some absurd level, fun (Not really). I know I am not alone in this situation.  With all the weight I have ever lost, at my lowest point as an adult, I still could NEVER fit into a Haven Robe.  

I deciding to sue NCL for using the words, "One Size Fits ALL" as false advertising.  NCL had a choice.  They could have made the Haven and Spa robe bigger so it could fit ALL.  Instead they make me feel like "Tommy Boy" in the movie of the same name singing "Fat guy in a little Suit" as he busts through it.  

I am just saying.............

Cruise well and enjoy every bite and every drink.  Vacations and life is worthy of it. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Even when buying one online, the description for size is OSFM (one size fits most). They are too short and the slippers are too small. 

MSC Yacht Club robes fit better and the slippers are larger, too. However, sometimes the Yacht Club slippers just have the "MSC" logo on them and other times, they have the "Yacht Club" logo on them. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

Hey everyone!

I love reading the updates in this thread and excited to contribute some knowledge.

Recently, I reached out via concierge email to inquire about the *treats* our butlers can stock in our room. Once onboard and you meet your Butler they can offer lots of other (unspecified) treats throughout the cruise, here is a general list:

Orange, apple, pineapple, and cranberry juices

Lemonade, unsweet/sweet iced tea, and water

Peanut and regular M&M, mix nuts, dry snacks (Chex Mix) and gummy bears 

Hope this helps! I’ll be solo in The Haven this February on Epic 💖

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I deciding to sue NCL for using the words, "One Size Fits ALL" as false advertising.  NCL had a choice.  They could have made the Haven and Spa robe bigger so it could fit ALL.  Instead they make me feel like "Tommy Boy" in the movie of the same name singing "Fat guy in a little Suit" as he busts through it.  

I am just saying.............

Cruise well and enjoy every bite and every drink.  Vacations and life is worthy of it. 

I've posted this elsewhere, but it's the same also on Princess (from my pic), even with the nicer Suite robes.  I had our cabin steward searching the ship for something bigger, and it turned out the Lotus Spa robes were much larger (fits wife perfectly so she kept it).  Anyone know if NCL Mandera has Spa robes?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

I too bring my own robe.

I also bring my own pillow. 

I love the My Pillow Travel Pillows.  They scrunch up so well.

• Thanks 1

Not only do I not fit into the robe, but I guess my feet are fat too and don't fit into the slippers comfortably either. 

As for dessert... last trip I started opting for just a simple scoop of ice cream/sorbet/gelato and then saving my dessert stomach for the Haven bar. Frozen grasshopper, mudslides, frozen tiramisu.... anything frozen and creamy and loaded with liquor is a better use of calories to me than those cakes and things at the restaurants. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

We actually saw a grandmother (very clearly was the grandmother of the group) in the Haven lounge at debarkation in the robe and the slippers.  I'm like - I hope granny knows she's payin' for that!  😬🙃

Wonder, as well, if poor granny packed all her clothes in her luggage, set it out that night and woke up the next morning only to realize she did not leave clothes out to wear to get off the ship!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Not only do I not fit into the robe, but I guess my feet are fat too and don't fit into the slippers comfortably either. 

As for dessert... last trip I started opting for just a simple scoop of ice cream/sorbet/gelato and then saving my dessert stomach for the Haven bar. Frozen grasshopper, mudslides, frozen tiramisu.... anything frozen and creamy and loaded with liquor is a better use of calories to me than those cakes and things at the restaurants. 

I very much respect your decision.  I am weak and worthless.  I did both.  I am ashamed of myself.  My Cardiologist hates when I cruise.  Of he is envious.  Not sure. Maybe both.  All I know is the Haven used to have that same cake but it was round.  My last trip they had the same looking cake but is was not the same.  I was bumped.  Then I had a slice of the cake at Cagney's and it was exactly the same but a huge slice.  There went the diet in an instant.  

I made a deal with myself.  I wanted my cake, eat it too and my drinks.  I was solo at the time and felt NO GUILT.  I got home and paid the price one the scale, lol.

Cruise well and eat Chocolate Cake and a Mud slide.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mtrancher said:

Wonder, as well, if poor granny packed all her clothes in her luggage, set it out that night and woke up the next morning only to realize she did not leave clothes out to wear to get off the ship!

True story... friends of ours sailed on the Joy this summer. Her husband bought a tshirt from the ship and left that out on the final night to wear the next day. Woke up with the luggage gone and when he put on the shirt - it was a child's XL, not an adult XL. 

He had to walk to the terminal to get his luggage wearing what appeared to be a crop top belly shirt because he had nothing else to wear.

My friend offered him her nightgown to wear, which he declined. So for anyone who saw them that sailing, you have their permission to continue laughing at his misfortune. 

When we were on Joy in September I bought him a new shirt and made sure it was the adult version this time.

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

The one thing about traveling is that we realize how expensive it is to be living here. We semi jokingly always scout real estate store signs of listings everywhere we travel. I can get a nice little bungalow on an island somewhere for what we're paying just in taxes alone in Nassau county.

We recently grieved our taxes and got them down to 20K :(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mtrancher said:

I left our honeymoon cruise shoeless - my husband packed them the night before!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got to say so far I'm not impressed with the "Concierge" email response. I sent them a question on Monday with my name reservation number sailing date.... This morning I finally got an email back, so much for 24-48 hour response Lol. I did try to call twice and the two people I talked to were unable to help

38 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I've got to say so far I'm not impressed with the "Concierge" email response. I sent them a question on Monday with my name reservation number sailing date.... This morning I finally got an email back, so much for 24-48 hour response Lol. I did try to call twice and the two people I talked to were unable to help

Your issue is really that the guest services pre-cruise for the Haven is inconsistant.  Some guest get a email back right away and or get to them on the phone to a very knowledgeable person.  Others wait and get someone that has no clue.  This is a really issue for any brand and I hope they read your posting.  It creates disappointment for a premium area prior to the the event.  Not the way to start things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Your issue is really that the guest services pre-cruise for the Haven is inconsistant.  Some guest get a email back right away and or get to them on the phone to a very knowledgeable person.  Others wait and get someone that has no clue.  This is a really issue for any brand and I hope they read your posting.  It creates disappointment for a premium area prior to the the event.  Not the way to start things.

I'm not worried..... at least not yet Lol. 12 cruises with NCL and no real issues. I've had some really annoying ones on this booking. I talked to 5 people in regular customer service first and then figured let me try the Concierge email to see if they can help. At the end of the day they did, but holy cow.... 5 days to get a response. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Laszlo said:

I'm not worried..... at least not yet Lol. 12 cruises with NCL and no real issues. I've had some really annoying ones on this booking. I talked to 5 people in regular customer service first and then figured let me try the Concierge email to see if they can help. At the end of the day they did, but holy cow.... 5 days to get a response. 

I guess when Gary says inconsistent,  he isn't kidding - I called the concierge desk this afternoon and had a great experience.  I got a call back because the wait time was longer than 10 minutes, but I didn't mind because I was working.  Maria helped me and she was WONDERFUL - I had one question, but she kept bringing things up and before I blinked she had reordered the pax on my reservation, requested a dining time, recommended a less expensive option for all the dining I wanted to do, gave me advice on a sold-out shore excursion, offered me juices and snacks and cushioned loungers, told me she was ordering the mattress pads for the sofa beds, got us pillows, and was in general a joy to speak with.

The Concierge Desk really is the way to go - Maria did things that my PCC had to send off requests for.  I have yet to see a concierge email, and we are 56 days from departure - but as long as my gummy bears and apple juice show up, I'm happy.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CruzinMel said:

Maria helped me and she was WONDERFUL

You hit pay dirt with Maria.  He helped me on all of our trips.  As a matter of fact, I called her for my next cruise on the Breakaway on December 4, 2022.  I am NOT in the Haven but she helped me anyway.  She read through my information and suggested I simply do the Free At Sea PLUS.  It ended up saving me money and I had no idea it even existed.  If you talk with here again, please say Gary said hello.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

As a matter of fact, I called her for my next cruise on the Breakaway on December 4, 2022.

Is it possible to ask for a specific person? I emailed the concierge and was also somewhat unimpressed. It was fine and some stuff got taken care of which I appreciate, but a lot of my questions weren't so much as acknowledged, let alone answered, which was a bit of a bummer first impression. We millennials have a bit of a phone call allergy, but it's sounding like the way to go and if I can get Maria-level service, I'll make a phone call with a smile.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

Is it possible to ask for a specific person? I emailed the concierge and was also somewhat unimpressed. It was fine and some stuff got taken care of which I appreciate, but a lot of my questions weren't so much as acknowledged, let alone answered, which was a bit of a bummer first impression. We millennials have a bit of a phone call allergy, but it's sounding like the way to go and if I can get Maria-level service, I'll make a phone call with a smile.

Phones are still great tools however I fully understand what you said.  I have to Millennial adult children. That is the best approach from my standpoint.  I am 65, taught Customer Services as one of my skill sets.  I look for the best way to approach challenges.  In this case, because my personality is fix the issue now, so I don't have to fix it later.  It scratched my itch.  Hope it does the same for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Is it possible to ask for a specific person?

In my experience you can ask, usually all the person can do is say they will give them a note to call you back. Maria is absolutely the best onshore concierge; consequently she's very busy, but she has always returned my request for a call back.

• Thanks 2

Thank you Sthrngary for all the great info. I didn't read every post, I skipped through many pages. Maybe someone can answer my question. My Daughter is sailing on the Getaway in a haven suite. If i'm sailing in a balcony can they have me as a guest for dinner in the haven restaurant? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, e150club said:

Thank you Sthrngary for all the great info. I didn't read every post, I skipped through many pages. Maybe someone can answer my question. My Daughter is sailing on the Getaway in a haven suite. If i'm sailing in a balcony can they have me as a guest for dinner in the haven restaurant? 

Yes she can request you as a guest, when we sailed it was $50 per guest, but recently I believe the cost has risen. I made the request through the concierge, but she might also be able to make the request through the maitre 'd at the restaurant.

• Like 1