The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, Sigyn said:

Sounds lovely! We were on the Prima in December 2023, but in a regular balcony cabin. We loved that ship. She's gorgeous. We are on the Joy in a Haven - our first time in the Haven, in an HG, room #12708 - in March 2024, for a Caribbean cruise over spring break. Wish us well. hahaha. 

You will LOVE the Joy!  Don’t forget that lovely self-serve coffee machine in the lounge every morning… Ask to see the bar food menu available lunch times.  The staff will deliver to the sun deck, along with your favorite drinks.  My God daughter and her sister had daily orders for the onion rings while sunning up there.  If you like wraps, the menu includes a vegan one w/tofu that is delicious.   And the ice cream cookie sandwiches…

Like most Haven restaurants, you can dine inside or outside.  The Joy’s outside tables overlook part of the pool deck and water slide.  Fun to grab a table before sunset for a drink and light meal, even if you’re booked elsewhere for a later dinner.

Is your cabin deck 12, forward?  You’ll be near the stairs to the Haven complex.  Great way to work off the food😋

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatJim said:

You will LOVE the Joy!  Don’t forget that lovely self-serve coffee machine in the lounge every morning… Ask to see the bar food menu available lunch times.  The staff will deliver to the sun deck, along with your favorite drinks.  My God daughter and her sister had daily orders for the onion rings while sunning up there.  If you like wraps, the menu includes a vegan one w/tofu that is delicious.   And the ice cream cookie sandwiches…

Like most Haven restaurants, you can dine inside or outside.  The Joy’s outside tables overlook part of the pool deck and water slide.  Fun to grab a table before sunset for a drink and light meal, even if you’re booked elsewhere for a later dinner.

Is your cabin deck 12, forward?  You’ll be near the stairs to the Haven complex.  Great way to work off the food😋

Yes, we're 12 forward. Sounds perfect with the food! We don't mind going up 4-5 flights of stairs. five flights up to the Haven, right? We can do that! 🙂 

• Like 1

@Sthrngary Okay, having gone through your initial post & the update, as well as everything I could find regarding your "Letter to the Butler", and I still have a burning question.  Having not sailed in several years, I have a hard time recalling what items are stocked in the mini-fridge.  So, my question is this; If the Haven Suite guests have the Premium Beverage Plus package, what exactly would be in the mini-fridge that would incur an additional charge if consumed?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

Yes, we're 12 forward. Sounds perfect with the food! We don't mind going up 4-5 flights of stairs. five flights up to the Haven, right? We can do that! 🙂 

Good for you!  We live in a high rise apartment in NYC.  I like to “train” before a cruise by walking up 5 flights or so - getting my STAIR legs, rather than SEA legs!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, azappraiser said:

@Sthrngary Okay, having gone through your initial post & the update, as well as everything I could find regarding your "Letter to the Butler", and I still have a burning question.  Having not sailed in several years, I have a hard time recalling what items are stocked in the mini-fridge.  So, my question is this; If the Haven Suite guests have the Premium Beverage Plus package, what exactly would be in the mini-fridge that would incur an additional charge if consumed?

@azappraiser Hello and thank you for reading.  Unfortunately everything in the Suite Mini-Fridge is a cost time.  I have it cleared out by the butler on day one.  It does not matter which drink program you have.  On a Mega Ship, when only in the Owners Suite does the soda's in the mini-fridge come complementary.  

Now if you are willing to purchase the items, they will stock it anyway you want.  I hope that makes sense.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

@azappraiser Hello and thank you for reading.  Unfortunately everything in the Suite Mini-Fridge is a cost time.  I have it cleared out by the butler on day one.  It does not matter which drink program you have.  On a Mega Ship, when only in the Owners Suite does the soda's in the mini-fridge come complementary.  

Now if you are willing to purchase the items, they will stock it anyway you want.  I hope that makes sense.

No no no... NOT willing to pay extra.  Just wanted to know if I wanted to know if I should keep the line about emptying the fridge in my letter or not.  Thanks for all your valuable insight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amygutman said:

@Daniel A. OH MY G-D!!! I was looking at the situation all wrong. Clearly we are being profiled as clumsy and nearsighted. Thank you! Very insightful and I will stop my whining! 🤣

Did you mean "stop my miming?" :classic_biggrin: 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I just sent an email to the pre-cruise concierge asking for the minibar to be removed.   Will that work or should I need to wait until I get onboard?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just sent an email to the pre-cruise concierge asking for the minibar to be removed.   Will that work or should I need to wait until I get onboard?

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  If, when you get onboard,  it's still stocked then just ask the steward to remove the items.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

@Daniel A, I always have to wait until I am onboard.  The Butler  puts stuff up on a shelf but does not take it out of the suite usually.  But worth a try.  My point is, don't be disappointed if you have to ask the butler onboard.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, azappraiser said:

No no no... NOT willing to pay extra.  Just wanted to know if I wanted to know if I should keep the line about emptying the fridge in my letter or not.  Thanks for all your valuable insight.

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

8 minutes ago, goldmom said:

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  If, when you get onboard,  it's still stocked then just ask the steward to remove the items.

Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Daniel A, I always have to wait until I am onboard.  The Butler  puts stuff up on a shelf but does not take it out of the suite usually.  But worth a try.  My point is, don't be disappointed if you have to ask the butler onboard.

Guess I don't understand.  If it all is an extra cost, just leave in the fridge and don't drink it.  After all, if the butler is just going to put it on a shelf, then it shouldn't matter.  The only time it should matter is if there are some items which are included and some that are not.

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Guess I don't understand.  If it all is an extra cost, just leave in the fridge and don't drink it.  After all, if the butler is just going to put it on a shelf, then it shouldn't matter.  The only time it should matter is if there are some items which are included and some that are not.

We like to have the items removed so that there is space in the frig for other items.  We usually ask for a pitcher of iced tea and regular milk for our coffee.  I also like to make coffee to keep in the frig for iced coffee.

Even if the steward just puts the items on the shelf, it frees up space in the frig.  You need to have the steward remove the items so you wouldn't get charged.

Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:
11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:
  23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I always have to wait until I am onboard.  The Butler puts stuff up on a shelf but does not take it out of the suite usually.  But worth a try.  My point is, don't be disappointed if you have to ask the butler onboard.

For what it's worth, I made the empty-the-minibar request to the pre-cruise concierge (via e-mail) and it was fulfilled.  That was one one of the first things I checked when we entered out suite, and the mini-bar was, indeed, empty and its former contents completely removed from the room.

That said, as Sthrngary has oft pointed out, different ships, different butlers, can produce different results.  Asking the pre-cruise concierge to empty your mini-bar won't hurt; it may work; but you might have to ask your butler to do it, once on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all of the responses.   I had a thought to just empty it myself, but then I realized the butler would probably restock the whole minibar, and I'll get charged for the entire content. 

I'll let the butler do it for me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Is that any Owners' suite?  There are Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's suites...

22 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Is that any Owners' suite?  There are Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's suites...

As far as I know, All. They come with three bottles of spirits or Wine. It also has Welcome French Champagne. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

That part is different than The Retreat on Celebrity. The sodas and water in the mini fridge are free and many butlers, including ours on our cruise last week, are fine with stocking beer for you to drink for free as well, even tho technically you're supposed to pay for the beer. I had our butler in The Retreat take out the wine and hard liquor since those were an upcharge. 

Edited by Sigyn

Spa services are priced much higher than on land, but the reason I no longer book massages is that employees always give you a hard sell on products. Having to say "no, thank you" 3 or 4 times just ruins the relaxation. I've had more than one very unpleasant interaction after spa services.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, meglet said:

Spa services are priced much higher than on land, but the reason I no longer book massages is that employees always give you a hard sell on products. Having to say "no, thank you" 3 or 4 times just ruins the relaxation. I've had more than one very unpleasant interaction after spa services.

Absolutely the same for me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meglet said:

I really dislike when they set up a table outside an elevator bank and try to reel me in while I'm trying to go somewhere.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SaltyPawz said:

While you were enjoying your Haven vacay, did anyone experience a spa service (massage, facial, etc.)? Just curious what spa services are like on a cruise ship. 

My wife and I booked a massage on the Escape; we chose to have it done on Great Stirrup Cay, which was fantastic as we enjoyed all of the amenities at Silver Cove after our massage. We had access to the lagoon, bars, and the buffet restaurant. 

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I really dislike when they set up a table outside an elevator bank and try to reel me in while I'm trying to go somewhere.  

@Daniel A There was a time when it was so important to me to get a "Sea Day" massage.  I would run to the spa and sign up.  Some times for two or three for different days.  Than as other have so clearly stated, the uncomfortable feeling of the upsell happened every single time.  The prices went up to the point now it is almost the cost of an Inside Cabin.  Now I avoid the Spa will everything I have.  

The last time I was on a cruise was the NCL Breakaway.  It seems the spa was NOT booked up.  They had just re-raised the prices and even thought the cruise was completely booked out, the spa was not even on sea days.  They set up a back massage table by the pool with three folks manning it.  $20.00 for 15 minutes for a back massage.  I did that once or twice.  

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

• Like 1

we are considering a Haven Suite on Escape but will be traveling with our adult children and wonder if it is possible to invite them to eat with us at the Haven restaurant (can we pay extra for that) or is that not allowed under any circumstance?  We would like

to have them join us but not sure if this is a good situation for us considering they aren't allowed in Haven areas - except our suite.  Am I understanding this correctly?

2 minutes ago, mamashanks said:

we are considering a Haven Suite on Escape but will be traveling with our adult children and wonder if it is possible to invite them to eat with us at the Haven restaurant (can we pay extra for that) or is that not allowed under any circumstance?  We would like

to have them join us but not sure if this is a good situation for us considering they aren't allowed in Haven areas - except our suite.  Am I understanding this correctly?

The short form:

Yes, your non-Haven adult children may join you in your Haven suite.

No, they may not accompany you to the community Haven areas, e.g., the Haven Lounge, the Horizon Observation Lounge, the Haven Library.

Maybe, with regard to the Haven Restaurant.  In some circumstances, non-Haven guests have been permitted to dine with Haven residents in the Haven Restaurant for a fee.  In other instances, non-Haven guests were not permitted to accompany Haven guests into the Haven Restaurant at all.

I imagine it depends on the restaurant policy of the Haven on a specific ship, and the decisions of the Haven convierge or, quite possibly, the maître d' of the Haven Restaurant.  I cannot speak to Norwegian Escape, but I'm relatively sure someone else here can.