The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

8 minutes ago, UDChE89 said:

I’ve got a bid on a 2 BR as a single.   Wonder what the response would be for me.  What cabin did you upgrade from?

@UDChE89It seems when they send me a bid-email, it will be for the 2 Bedroom also.  I think earlier you asked if this was a good thing to do because you were a single.  I will be a single also.  I assure you, if those are the only Haven Suites left when my opportunity comes, I will be bidding on it.  The only down side is a small balcony. This is not a downside when there is only one in the suite. 

Good luck on your bid.  I hope you get it.

Cruise well

13 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

good idea about the luggage. ill use it. i booked 2BR because it was so cheap plus gotta have the ocean shower. i never have been on epic but watched many vids. haven just has been renovated and theres the private posh area where you are entitled to go. almost looked like the biggest haven ive seen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnWL47HCB24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arm3mAh8dGo

Very pretty!

45 minutes ago, UDChE89 said:

I’ve got a bid on a 2 BR as a single.   Wonder what the response would be for me.  What cabin did you upgrade from?

I booked the 2 bedroom as a single as well. It turns out a friend is going to go with me, but at the time, I was totally booking it for myself. Judge away! LOL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i miss this if you posted elsewhere. .congrats!  haven for my booking is down to 1821. someone's gonna get a deal. 

HJ and HI were 1,500pp this morning, deals to be had for sure. Full disclosure, I paid around 1,660pp for HF Courtyard on deck 18, then used a 10% off coupon, plus some FCC I had, only was allowed 1 Cruise Next, but still going to be a luxury experience at a bargain price lol. Got 275.00 obc from TA, 200.00 from Norwegian (from the girl on the balcony scenario), 100.00 shareholder obc. My TA says that the OBC from him can be used for gratuity so I didn't prepay my tips yet because have no idea how else I will use my OBC. My husband says shots of Louis XIII will take care of it LOL 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@UDChE89It seems when they send me a bid-email, it will be for the 2 Bedroom also.  I think earlier you asked if this was a good thing to do because you were a single.  I will be a single also.  I assure you, if those are the only Haven Suites left when my opportunity comes, I will be bidding on it.  The only down side is a small balcony. This is not a downside when there is only one in the suite. 

Good luck on your bid.  I hope you get it.

Cruise well

Gary, thanks.  Looking at the Haven suites, I actually like the layout better than the Courtyard due to there being a couch rather than an arm chair.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

You might not be allowed to walk. Jamaica was super strict. You couldn't go anywhere unless you had paid for an excursion. 

In September we were supposed to do Mediterranean.  They had only organized excursions.  We canceled.  Roatan, cozumel, private island, Costa maya are our ports. Upcoming feb 26 2022.

I haven't heard only organized.  When were you in Jamaica? 

Edited by Kirk2121
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kirk2121 said:

In September we were supposed to do Mediterranean.  They had only organized excursions.  We canceled.  Roatan, cozumel, private island, Costa maya are our ports. Upcoming feb 26 2022.

I haven't heard only organized.  When were you in Jamaica? 

Last week. Well I guess technically now a week and a half ago. We could go where we wanted in Cozumel though.

I really wish it were easier to book far in advance. I'd really like to book at the end of 24 or beginning of 25 but need to book from Tampa and none are that far out. I guess I need to have hubby save the $ somewhere so I don't spend it. 

Edited by momofjohnjr
Grammar
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, momofjohnjr said:

I really wish it were easier to book far in advance. I'd really like to book at the end of 24 or beginning of 25 but need to book from Tampa and none are that far out. I guess I need to have hubby save the $ somewhere so I don't spend it. 

I am glad you got to go on your cruise. Don’t worry about what the kids thought of the trip.  In a few years they will be remembering it as one of the best trips you took as a family. Traveling with teens and young adults is always unpredictable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I am glad you got to go on your cruise. Don’t worry about what the kids thought of the trip.  In a few years they will be remembering it as one of the best trips you took as a family. Traveling with teens and young adults is always unpredictable. 

Tysm! You are probably right! There were a lot of fun times and great memories and my 14 y.o. even did the scary zipline off the edge! It is unlikely with 4 kids that we will ever all vacation together again at the same time. 

In May will bey first time in the Haven and I was wondering what time do you need to be out of your cabin and do they serve breakfast in the Haven restaurant on debarkation day?  My flight was originally at 11:30am but it has been changed to 1:50pm, so I have plenty time and do not need to rush off the ship but I also want to be respectful of the crew.

9 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

In May will bey first time in the Haven and I was wondering what time do you need to be out of your cabin and do they serve breakfast in the Haven restaurant on debarkation day?  My flight was originally at 11:30am but it has been changed to 1:50pm, so I have plenty time and do not need to rush off the ship but I also want to be respectful of the crew.

I can answer half your question.  You can have breakfast from the Haven Dining room served in your suite; The Haven Restaurant is indeed open; There is a time you have to leave however I don't know what it is.  We stayed in the suite until 09:00 AM.  

What is funny, once you eat, you really want to get off the ship.  My feelings at least.  Have a great time.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlabs03 said:

I kept all the letters etc. They ask that you leave your suite by 8:30 on the Escape. Haven Restaurant closes at 8:30. You should probably research the airport or area nearby and just find something to do. They will help you disembark fast also after breakfast. They say by a certain time but our concierge team was always available a bit after the times they stated. 

I know you don't need the letters etc. But if you are anything like me you will want to read them anyway.  Lol!!! Never know if I missed something or if u read something you didn't think of. 🤔 Just extra peace of mind. 

I also agree, after breakfast you really feel theneed to get off the ship. It would be awkward hanging out as staff are very busy preparing for the next arrivals.

20220221_120752.jpg

20220221_120757.jpg

20220221_120923.jpg

20220221_120928.jpg

Edited by momofjohnjr
Adding this note:FYI: Gratuity info is in first attachment. Re: Butlers etc.
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, pjwtrouble said:

We are in the Epic leaving a week from tomorrow. I looked on Thursday and the price for the Haven and the price had really dropped.  Check out the pricing as you get closer as it was less money for us to upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite then we had on our bids. We Cancelled all our bids and upgraded. When we called our NCL rep he seemed surprised by the price and that the cheapest room was a 2 bedroom. What does 2 people need with 2 bedrooms you may ask ???  I was told store our luggage in it. Ha. 

Is there anything different with the Haven on the Epic?  Just started researching the Haven and I am not seeing a lot on the Epic.  

If anyone has a list of snacks we can get in our room it would be very appreciated. 

Happy sailing.  

did the same on the same ship/dates....same cat me and the wife in the 2 bedroom first time in haven looking forward to it

• Like 1

Just got off the Pearl this morning in a 3 bedroom villa. Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't yet been lucky enough to snag one of these amazing rooms - they do maintenance on the hot tubs around 3am when you're sleeping.

Wish they had given us a little heads up warning... we got woken up around 2:30 from loud thumping and vibrations (deck furniture above us was moving around in the wind) and when we peeked out our curtains towards the main deck area saw guys in white jumpsuits. Freaked us out a bit because earlier in the day we had caught some uninvited guests down in our balcony area who had gone 'exploring' and found an unlocked door on our upper balcony and made themselves at home. When I pointed out to them that this was a private area, they got snarky with me and said "well you should have locked your door". No... you should have read the sign on such said door that said "Villa guests only". 

Regardless... after that encounter and seeing a crew of folks out there in the wee hours of the morning it was startling. But it was legit NCL crew who were sitting on our loungers to take off their shoes so they could climb into the drained hot tub and scrub it out for us. Again, a warning would have been nice...

• Like 1

We're leaving on the Bliss in 20 days.  We're currently in a Haven Courtyard Stateroom with a Large Balcony.  We have a bid in on a 2-Bedroom Suite with a Large Balcony (there are only 4 left so I bid in the higher region of a fair bid).  There are 2 Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse Staterooms available (#9318 and #12306).  We couldn't bid on them but I could upgrade us for slightly less than the bid I have in on the 2-Bedroom Suite Staterooms.

This will be our first time in the Haven and I had thought we should be in the Haven proper to really appreciate our time...but now I'm wondering if we should just upgrade to the Aft-Facing Penthouse because I'm not sure how likely it is to get one of the 2-Bedroom Suites?

Having a room with a large balcony is one of our top priorities as we plan to spend most of our time reading and relaxing.  While we do not drink to excess and have no plans to do so on the ship, we do have the upgraded beverage package and hope to keep drinks on hand when we want them.  We plan to eat our meals in the restaurant but if we feel we don't want to go, we will have our butler serve us in our room.  This is not meant to be rude but we are looking for a break from being in crowds - this is a vacation for my husband and I to just enjoying being together.  We have also booked a spa pass and do not plan to leave the ship for any of the ports.

So, knowing all of this...any advice on what Haven room would be best for us?  Should we just keep what we currently have?  Hold on to hope for the 2-Bedroom Suite?  Upgrade to the Aft-Facing Stateroom even though it takes us out of the Haven?

Thanks to everyone for the advice we've gotten so far!

19 minutes ago, teachinginhawaii said:

Having a room with a large balcony is one of our top priorities as we plan to spend most of our time reading and relaxing.

I love the room you are in.  Remember, The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa really has a smallish Balcony.  The one with the Large balcony has an area that goes in front of the shower.  Very small area so chairs will be an issue there.  Watch any YouTube video for the Bliss, Joy or Encore on the Haven 2-bedroom family villas on deck 17 where the large balcony are located.

Now be careful with the Aft.  They have two suites.  One with a large balcony and the other has nice sized but not really large. Also, those room has a lot more vibration then anywhere else on the ship.  

So my honest opinion is, stay with the Penthouse you have in the Haven Proper for this trip.  I love the Bliss and you will have a good time.

Cruise well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

So my honest opinion is, stay with the Penthouse you have in the Haven Proper for this trip.  I love the Bliss and you will have a good time.

Thank you so much for all the information you've so freely shared with everyone - and for the reply to my question.  I am going to stop questioning our decision and be happy with where we are at.  We're just so excited to go and I know we're going to have an excellent trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of a few days ago it's official, our first time in the Haven will be on NCL Joy and we just upgraded to 18100, the same room you had Gary! We were originally in a Haven 2br penthouse w/large balcony and had a bid in but called NCL and found out a direct upgrade to the Owner's Suite was only about $100 more per person than I had bid so I went ahead and did it. 

Reading your extensive impressions of it (and watching yours and Harr Travel's youtube videos on 18100) were major factors in deciding to take the plunge. We're so excited and cannot wait for May to get here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Just got off the Pearl this morning in a 3 bedroom villa. Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't yet been lucky enough to snag one of these amazing rooms - they do maintenance on the hot tubs around 3am when you're sleeping.

Wish they had given us a little heads up warning... we got woken up around 2:30 from loud thumping and vibrations (deck furniture above us was moving around in the wind) and when we peeked out our curtains towards the main deck area saw guys in white jumpsuits. Freaked us out a bit because earlier in the day we had caught some uninvited guests down in our balcony area who had gone 'exploring' and found an unlocked door on our upper balcony and made themselves at home. When I pointed out to them that this was a private area, they got snarky with me and said "well you should have locked your door". No... you should have read the sign on such said door that said "Villa guests only". 

Regardless... after that encounter and seeing a crew of folks out there in the wee hours of the morning it was startling. But it was legit NCL crew who were sitting on our loungers to take off their shoes so they could climb into the drained hot tub and scrub it out for us. Again, a warning would have been nice...

Wow! Thanks for this. We’re in the GV on the Dawn in a couple of weeks and I’m glad to know that crew may show up in the early hours. I’m a light sleeper and would be freaked out to find people in a courtyard. As far as the passengers…WOW! Of course, not surprising that they got snarky and “blamed” you-that’s how people are nowadays. 🙄

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, karmamule said:

our first time in the Haven will be on NCL Joy and we just upgraded to 18100, the same room you had Gary!

@karmamuleThank you.  I am no Harr Travel.  I am so glad you liked my video.  Remember, you can ask me anything about that lovely suite.  I am almost more excited for you than you are for yourself.  

Cruise well.

• Like 2